Ratings for Dr. Ken Phelps

Dr Ken Phelps relocated from Ladysmith BC to Seawall Dental in West Vancouver to start over because he seemed to be losing patients on Vancouver Island due to his inadequate dentistry work. You'll be better off staying away from this old egotistical asshat. His dentistry is poor. Find a dentist who has more advanced and modern training. Ken Phelps is more interested in his pocket book and his own insurance premiums than actually helping his patients. To quote some of his other patients: "I have PTSD from this dentist and the things he said about me when he thought I was sleeping in the chair." "Refused to give my daughter a mercury-free filling until I threatened to find another dentist. He then loudly and publicly berated me for my decision in the waiting room, in front of other customers. I WILL NOT be returning EVER." "I'm very unhappy with the results of Dr Phelps' work. I had a broken tooth that didn't hurt, he repaired it with a crown, and it has been hyper-sensitive ever since - to the point where I feel I want to find another dentist to correct the situation." "I went to him for years, until he spent major dollars on making his office like a picture out of a travel magazine. Then he went down to 3 days a week working so he could go out sailing and golfing more. THEN he started charging over and above the dental plan coverage - a lot - and that is when I said enough. He blatantly wants his patients to pay for his expensive renos and activities." "A money grabber. As soon as you loose your coverage for whatever reason, he doesn't want anything to do with you no more!"

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Phelps was my family dentist for years. I have absolutely zero complaints about him or his work. I have since had other dentists admire my teeth and say it was some if the best work they have ever seen. My only complaint is that, since moving, I have not been able to find another dentist of his quality.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Dr. Phelps and his staff are always wonderful. I always leave feeling as if I should come back with flowers. My husband and I both feel that he is a great dentist. We don't have benefits but he takes wonderful careful care of us just the same.His fees are no more than anywhere else. I hope Ladysmith can keep him here as we would surely miss his help whenever needed.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Dr. Phelps has been my dentist for over 10 years - always the consummate professional.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

From the personable, friendly, professional receptionists, to the gentle, and relaxed hygienists, Dr.Phelps and his staff are above and beyond!!! His office is meticulously clean, and the least 'dentist' feeling office I've ever been in. While having my teeth cleaned, or getting a cavity filled, I have the pleasure of listening to the gentle water fountain, or viewing micro-photography on overhead computer screens. He has seen our 18month old son at a moments notice (after a tooth went through his lip after a fall) This is why it is worth every 'extra' penny we pay. I'm not even sure he is more expensive than most......I'm just reading others comments. Regardless of the bill, you are never surprised with any costs....they have always been discussed before any work has been done. I am phobic of needles, and have yet to even feel one.......I'm not kidding.......literally never even felt it. We will be patients of his for years to come, as will be our kids. Keep up the good work everyone!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

I went to him for years, until he spent major dollars on making his office like a picture out of a travel magazine. Then he went down to 3 days a week working so he could go out sailing and golfing more. THEN he started charging over and above the dental plan coverage - a lot - and that is when I said enough. He blatantly wants his patients to pay for his expensive renos and activities. Left a bad taste in my mouth, too bad because he does know his stuff.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2009

Wonderful dentist, really knows his stuff, total perfectionist, the orthodontist I went to wanted to do a perfect job as Dr. Phelps was my dentist and he knows he wants it perfect...beautiful office and great staff

flag | Submitted August 30, 2008