You may also like

Rate Dr. Stephanie J. Mandelman

Dr. Stephanie J. Mandelman's Ratings

Sadly enough I have to copy this last persons comment and I am sure there are many more patients feeling the same . I wish I looked at these reviews before going to this office . Manners is a word dr.Mandelman and her assistant apparently still not have learned anything about . Don't go here ,
My appointment with Dr.Mandelman left me feeling ashamed and embarrassed, two words that should NEVER be associated with a gyno visit. If you are looking for a doctor that will do a routine exam once a year, Dr. Mandelman is the doctor for you. However, if you are looking for a doctor that you can have a mutually respectful relationship with, a doctor who will help you through all of your reproductive issues without judgement, I would highly recommend finding another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2853891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr. Mandelman is a professional and efficient doctor. In terms of the technicalities of my appointment with her, I have no complaints. However, as many other reviewers are stating, Dr. Mandelman's bedside manner and all-around interactions with her patients is atrocious. I understand that doctors want to maintain a certain degree of professionalism with their patients, and therefore do not delve into personal details. However, in my opinion, a gynecologist is different. Your gynecologist will be dealing with some of your most personal issues ( Birth control, STD's, Pregnancies both wanted and unwanted, and post-natal care). Because they are dealing with something so private and personal, some sort of relationship with their patients is necessary for them to properly give medical advice.

My problem with Dr.Mandelman began the minute she took me into her office. It was apparent that she had no intentions of interacting with me on a personal level. She asked me all of the typical questions, such as when I started my period, if it was regular, etc...Although I informed her that I was on birth control, she threw a curveball and asked me if there was a possibility that I was pregnant. Of course, its within the realm of possibility-I don't take a pregnancy test every morning. When I paused, contemplating how to answer the question, she immediately said asked if I used condoms. I tried to tell her that I did not because I was in a committed 1.5 year relationship where both of us had been tested, but before I could get a word in she gave me a look of complete disgust and continued with her questions. The rest of the appointment proceeded in a similar was. She continually asked me if I wanted to get blood work done to test for "AIDS and syphilis", and I am still not sure if her asking multiple times was standard procedure or if it was a jab at my lack of condom use. When the exam was finished, she quipped "I recommend condom use to prevent STDs" and left the room before I could get a word in edgewise.

As I stated above, I understand that doctors try to keep a divide between the professional and the personal with their patients. However, something like my sexual history and the number of partners I've had is something I feel is extremely relevant, and yet she couldn't even take the 2 minutes to ask. Even in my experiences at places like Planned Parenthood, where they are swamped with patients, the nurses have taken the time and effort to ask me more in-depth questions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2760337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Offers a variety of discounts and then revokes the discounts when you choose to switch doctors without notifying you. She will also hold your medical records ransom until your balance is paid. DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr. Mandelman only cares about her deep pockets. She has no bed side manners and is very cold. She is always in a rush and the only thing she cares about is cash.. DO NOT GO.. RUN

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1165216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

Dr. Mandelman is by far the best doctor I have been to. She is very warm, extremely professional, really attentive and so thorough. She answers all my questions, even after business hours, to ensure that I am always comfortable in her care. I truly feel that my baby and I are in the best hands. Several of my colleagues are her patients and feel the same way. She is a keeper. Stephanie Cohen

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1165215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2013

Always attentive and helps me with all my concerns. Even over the phone. I have referred my pregnant friend to her. I am paying cash but I would not go to anyone else just her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1165214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Mandelman for about 4 years now. I never got to spend much time with her but became close to the staff. The last 3 visits that I've had in her office this year have not been a great experience. There ALWAYS seems to be new additions to the office, and the wait seems to get longer and longer. My last 2 visits required me to wait around for a minimum of an hour. I have also called and left messages for the doctor and have only received a call back half of the time. Even though it saddens me, I'm looking for a new doctor that isn't so busy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1165213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

Dr. Mandelman cares about her patients. She will give her cell phone and will be there for you when you need her. When I needed to be discharged early as my daughter had to go to another NICU, she did not stop making calls until I was taken care of. She is direct and to the point, but this in no way means she doesn't care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1165212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr. Mandelman is an accommodating professional with the warmth of a dear friend. Being a patient for many years, I have referred several whom have remained patients as I. Many other doctors do not have the personal touch by calling directly with results. I can also say she is an excellent surgeon who takes absolute care in her work. ****For those who have their own personal problems, which are unfortunate, it doesnt deem fair to expel your angst unto a perfectly above average professional. Wishing all well and do take care of your private matters ladies with an A+ doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1165211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2011

Dr. Mandelman was very cold and made me feel like I was wasting her time. I was looking for a new OB/GYN so just wanted to go in and meet her. She didn't understand that and how it was important to me that I felt comfortable with the doctor that I would have deliver my baby. I got my well woman exam rescheduled twice because she had emergencies come up last minute at the hospital. One of them I didn't know about until after I arrived for my early morning appt. so I had to come back another day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1165218].votes_count ]]