Ratings for Dr. Scott Weber

I don't recommend Dr. Weber as a general practitioner, which is the role he plays for me. He might be a very good Gastroenterologist, but I he hasn't done any work with me on this front. As a general practitioner he is lacking in that he doesn't really care about the costs of procedures and referrals and doesn't feel comfortable doing relatively minor procedures himself. I had a wound that needed cauterization. This is a very simple procedure that I would expect most general practitioners to be able to handle. Instead, he sent me to a hand specialist who charged me $350 for a visit. While the hand specialist did a fine job cauterizing the tip of my thumb, there was no need to go to a specialist. When I complained to Dr. Weber about the cost, he suggested I complain to the U. S. Congress. Also, it is extremely difficult to get any of the staff on the phone and the phone goes to voice mail 95% of the time. While the staff does always call back, this is typically a few hours later.

Submitted June 21, 2013

I had in the past rated Dr Weber highly, but found him at times very touchy--he does not like to be questioned at all. And woe to you if he thinks you've gone for another opinion. I finally had to leave his care after calling him when I was not responding to a treatment he very nastily said that there was "nothing more WE (royal we?) have to offer you." Of course I found another physician, since I was in severe pain--glad I did; I got proper treatment and no temper tantrums.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

I have had the complete opposite experience with Dr. Weber then majority of the reviews here. While Dr. Weber was very nice (in the beginning) all he did for me was immediately set me up for 2 tests which had to be taken on seperate days and they were 3 hours long each. The tests came back positive on both issues. All he did for me after that was show me a list of foods I shouldnt eat and said he would have his assistant call with me the information of a nutrionist. Well, not only did I not hear back from the assistant (after calling twice). But when I did finally speak with the doctor again he didnt even remember which tests I had taken! At that point I was honest with him and let him know how disapointed I was in his care. He then proceeded to get angry with me and said "fine, i will mail your files to you and you can go to someone else". Yeah, real professional!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

After being a patient of other equally fine physicians in this group for over 25 years, changed to Dr. Weber because of insurance switch about 6 years ago. He's been by my side through some very trying times, including misdiagnoses by other doctor. I can't praise him enough about his caring, competent manner. Always calls back quickly and follows up thoroughly. He has been very supportive during a long-lasting problem. Is sensible and doesn't "over-doctor" and refers when necessary (always to equally top-notch practitioners) and is on top of what needs to be done. He even called me to find out how things were going after he referred me to another specialist when a serious problem showed up in some bloodwork. That's when I knew he was a "keeper."

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Dr. Weber practices evidence-based medicine. He is a gifted diagnostician I have relied upon for over 15 years. I have had multiple serious medical problems as well as several acute events during that time. He listens to me, responds with appropriate testing and treatment. He is not only a physician, he is a dedicated healer. On two occasions, his interventions literally saved my life. I send everyone I care about to him.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

Dr Weber has been my GP for 10 years. I trust him very much and he is a skilled and caring doctor. He is a quiet, serious man, and he has a good heart.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Dr. Weber diagnosed me with a disease that no other doctor had bothered to investigate, despite my complaints. He seems a bit shy of stiff at first, but actually was very sweet and caring in his treatment of me.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

I now have a chronic disease because Dr. Weber told me that it was all in my head. I highly reccommend not seeing him. Also when I asked for my previous records, they were incomplete and it looked as if he erased them.

Submitted October 23, 2007

I have been a patient of Dr. Weber's for over 10 years. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2007

Dr. Scott Weber's Credentials

• Spanish

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

MSP/BC Med