Ratings for Dr. Carl P. Giordano

He is a great guy. Very honest and a pleasure to talk to. Nothing phony about him.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Love him to death. I was crippled with pain and he performed a miracle. From the moment I woke up my pain was gone. Hard to imagine how I could not wait to have surgery and it met all expectations.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

I met Dr. Giordano several years ago when I sought guidance on sciatica. I was diagnosed with stenosis and was told by Dr. Giordano to do some therapy and take some medications. I was expecting a surgeon to want to operate and my experience was the opposite. He gave good guidance. I developed a recurrence and he sent me for injections. Unfortunately they did not work and I ultimately had to have a laminectomy about 6 months ago. I have now fully recovered and had my best round of golf ever, 79!! He is a honest and very talented surgeon. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

The nicest man I ever met. You will never meet a more honest doctor. He operated on me 10 years ago and I have done great. I recently saw him again for another problem and I was so happy to see him. He hasn't changed a bit. He is still the nicest honest doctor that I know. He also operated on my internist this past year who also did great and was back to work within two weeks. I read the review below and just had to comment. Don't know what that patients problem is. That patient must be a scam artist that the good doctor didn't fall for. As for the paycheck comment, the good doctor didn't even charge me or my internist. Dr. Giordano is absolutely not about the money. I am sure he could have retired a long time ago if he wanted to. There is no doctor that I would support more than Dr. Giordano. I work in a doctors office and I am sick and tired of patients posting silly irresponsible comments.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Worst of the worst of the worst. Treated like I was a paycheck, not a patient.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Best thing that ever happened to me. Saw another doc in area who did a disc on me and it failed. Doc G fixed it and have done great. I didn't even have half the pain from his surgery that I did from the first surgery. Went home the same day. He's a great guy and a straight shooter.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Very happy with the doc. I was a workers comp patient and the doc did a great job. Really believed him and his back surgery worked great for me. I am back to bridge work.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

An absolutely wonderful Doctor. You will not find a doctor better than he is. I can't say enough about him. Honest real nothing phony and a fantastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

I can not praise him enough. I had a laminectomy 15 years ago and recently come back to see him for another issue. I have done very very well for 15 years. I was so happy to see the doctor doing so well. He hasn't changed a bit. He has great bedside manner and is a fantastic Doctor. I read the review below and wondered wtf. None of what that person said made sense. He doesn't have a PA. I know that because I have worked at the hospital. I also know that lami extinct patients don't go home the same day. None of what the reviewer said made sense. I can only tell you to ask in the area who the best doctor is and everyone will say Dr. Giordano. He takes care of all of the physicians on staff. He has won so many awards and I am living proof of how wonderful he is.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

Giordano claimed he did my laminectomy but I did not see him in holding area, O.R, recovery. Did not speak with my husband after surgery. Ist day in hospital. He stands in door way of my room, unfriendly. I had drain in my back did not look at it. Said he will not be seeing me again. Saw his P.A. Not many nice words about him from others while my stay. Discharged at 5:00 P.M. Was not given any information on my after care! He or his P.A. come in to talk to me. I live far away very winding roads discharged prime time traffic. No information on my 2 scripts. Husband had to find pharmacy. I was still in pain Post-op. Saw him again in his office. Told him still in pain. He could NOT UNDERSTAND, did not like my report. Asked if I need an MRI. I said not now could not lay on table for it. Week later, pain still there. Called his office for the MRI. He did not write it down in his office notes. Finally OK MRI. Nasty staff mailed it to me. Told office manager I need Authorazation from my insurance Co. Manager said I don't, I said I did!! She refused!!! Had to ask my Primary Care for a script and Authorization I got it. Showed "Failed Laminectomy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kept calling office for my Medical Records from his office notes. Never got them! 5 levels of Lumbar removed no fusion. Now have Flat back Syndrome, Disks and tears those 5 levels!!! Major problems in spine. Many years later. Now need MAJOR LONG SPINAL SURGERY. There is an empty space now on those 5 levels removed. I complained to him when saw him on first and only visit Post-op about his staff! He said ""I do the surgery you deal with my staff"" Now with all my experience I suggest to other patients, Do not be afraid to speak up, do not allow yourself to be bullied by a Dr. or Staff. Research, research, research!!!!! Dr. G. is a Workers Comp Doctor and his wife is A Workers Comp Attorney!!!!!!!!!!!! Now That Says A Lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I not a Workers Comp case just as nasty and destroyed my spine. He is a con artist. Do not understand why M.M.C. keeps him on staff?? Or any other hospital. I believe he is the only Workers Comp. Dr.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr. Carl P. Giordano's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Carl Giordano is an orthopedic spine surgeon with more than 25 years of experience, specializing in all disorders of the spine. He is the founding member of Atlantic Spine Specialists. He is fellowship trained in orthopedic spine surgery and holds a subspecialty fellowship in spinal surgery. Dr. Giordano graduated from Villanova University with honors after which he attended Rutgers Medical School. Dr. Giordano went on to complete his orthopedic residency at the Hospital for Joint Diseases – New York University in New York City. (Then was ranked by the 2015 US News and World Report as the #5 Orthopedic Department in the United States.) He then went on to complete his fellowship in spinal surgery also at the Hospital for Joint Diseases where he trained under world-renowned spine surgeons. Dr. Giordano has been in practice at Atlantic Spine Specialists since 1997. He serves on the staff at Morristown Medical Center and has held the Chair of Vice Chairman of the Department of Orthopedics, Chief of the Spine Section, and has served on several hospital committees including the Atlantic Neuroscience Institute. He has served as the medical director at Stryker Howmedica Tissue Bank and Health South Physical Therapy He has served on several committees for the American Board of Spine Surgery including the ethics and examination sections. Dr. Giordano has been honored three times by New Jersey Monthly, “Top Doctors”, Better Living Magazine, “Best Doctor’s, and “Top Surgeon” with the Consumer Research Council of America. He is a member in good standing of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the Morris County Medical Society and the New Jersey Medical Society, the New Jersey Orthopedic Society, and the North American Spine Society. Dr. Giordano has extensive experience in both surgical and nonsurgical management of spinal disorders. He utilizes minimally invasive techniques, Microscopic surgical techniques, and traditional surgery as well. All conservative measures are exhausted before surgery is considered.

• English

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1986)

Delta Dental