Ratings for Dr. Carl P. Giordano

Giordano claimed he did my laminectomy but I did not see him in holding area, O.R, recovery. Did not speak with my husband after surgery. Ist day in hospital. He stands in door way of my room, unfriendly. I had drain in my back did not look at it. Said he will not be seeing me again. Saw his P.A. Not many nice words about him from others while my stay. Discharged at 5:00 P.M. Was not given any information on my after care! He or his P.A. come in to talk to me. I live far away very winding roads discharged prime time traffic. No information on my 2 scripts. Husband had to find pharmacy. I was still in pain Post-op. Saw him again in his office. Told him still in pain. He could NOT UNDERSTAND, did not like my report. Asked if I need an MRI. I said not now could not lay on table for it. Week later, pain still there. Called his office for the MRI. He did not write it down in his office notes. Finally OK MRI. Nasty staff mailed it to me. Told office manager I need Authorazation from my insurance Co. Manager said I don't, I said I did!! She refused!!! Had to ask my Primary Care for a script and Authorization I got it. Showed "Failed Laminectomy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kept calling office for my Medical Records from his office notes. Never got them! 5 levels of Lumbar removed no fusion. Now have Flat back Syndrome, Disks and tears those 5 levels!!! Major problems in spine. Many years later. Now need MAJOR LONG SPINAL SURGERY. There is an empty space now on those 5 levels removed. I complained to him when saw him on first and only visit Post-op about his staff! He said ""I do the surgery you deal with my staff"" Now with all my experience I suggest to other patients, Do not be afraid to speak up, do not allow yourself to be bullied by a Dr. or Staff. Research, research, research!!!!! Dr. G. is a Workers Comp Doctor and his wife is A Workers Comp Attorney!!!!!!!!!!!! Now That Says A Lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I not a Workers Comp case just as nasty and destroyed my spine. He is a con artist. Do not understand why M.M.C. keeps him on staff?? Or any other hospital. I believe he is the only Workers Comp. Dr.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr. Giordano did my spine surgery in 2008. After the surgery I never got better and it was called a failed Laminectomy. I hope patients who read thin are familiar with the spine. He removed, S-1 L-2 L-3 L-4 L-5. In that area I was left with, as Johns Hopkins put it, a large empty space and I was told to be very careful of any trauma to that area because there is nothing there to protect it. It took many years to find out what was wrong after going from one Dr. to another because pain was getting worse and worse. I was also left with "Flat Back Syndrome" which means the curvature in spine to sit is gone! It is flat now. I can not sit and over the years I can barley sit due to terrible severe chronic pain. Nov. 2008 a patient before surgery sees their Surgeon, sees their Dr. in the OR if only for a few minutes and than Recovery. I did not see him at all. Following day he stopped by my room stood by the door way, I had a drain, never checked it, proceded to tell me I will not be seeing him again someone else will! Nurses at Morristown Medical Center were so good to be as I did not have a doctor, I saw his P.A. very nice, she was not fond of him either. As of today 2016 my spine has deteriorated , quality life gone! Just had my Spinal Stimulator removed so I can have an MRI. C.T Scan with contrast show so many empty spaces in my spine. In Layman's terms, my back is a mess due to him. I should have sued him 2008. He is mostly know for Workman's Comp cases. If a patient has problems with the spine always see a "Neurosurgeon" ONLY! His staff was very rude! He forgot he offered me an MRI, never wrote it down. Staff, I had Aetna at the time, billing told me I did not need authorization!!!! Refused to give it to me a script for an MRI!! I hade to ask my Primary Care Dr. for the script. Patients have to learn to speak up and do not allow yourself to be Intimidated by DOCTOR"S!!! I WAS a Horse Back Rider, Hiker ETC. Now I spend most of my life in bed due to Pain. I found a wonderful Neurosurgeon, great Staff but will need another back surgery.

Submitted March 24, 2016

The doc took good care of me. I had a surgery recommended to me by someone else and I didn't like the plan it didn't sound right. I saw Giordano and he had a different plan that made sense. He did my surgery about seven months ago and I went back to work and just got back from a canoe trip. It was the right move. God bless

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Only six weeks post op and back to work. Thanks so much.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

I was in real trouble. I had a fusion by another doctor and was doing very poorly. I saw dr Giordano who found a collection of fluid that had to be drained. Dr Giorfano drained it and I was much better almost immediately. Can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Excellent. Would highly recommend him. Very nice and smart

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

OMG. Had a operation and was amazed that it was so pain free. Woke up in recovery room and told the nurse that I did not need the surgery., that my sciatica was gone. The nurse laughed and said"honey your surgery was already done that's why your sciatica is gone. ". I was amazed. I didn't feel anything. Dr. Giordano injected something that took away the surgical pain and the surgery took away the leg pain. It was crazy. I was so miserable for three months before the surgery and then poof it was gone. All I can say is OMG. What a great doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I will tell all who read this that I was very happy. I actually saw Dr. Giordano for a second opinion and switched to him. I was very happy that I did. From the moment I entered the hospital the entire staff told me that I made the right choice. Everything went very well and I had very little surgical pain. Hard to explain how little pain their was from the surgery. He was very honest decent and I could tell that he cared. I was happy to pay him.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr. Carl P. Giordano's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1986)

HealthPartners
Oxford
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Giordano claimed he did my laminectomy but I did not see him in holding area, O.R, recovery. Did not speak with my husband after surgery. Ist day in hospital. H..."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giordano did my spine surgery in 2008. After the surgery I never got better and it was called a failed Laminectomy. I hope patients who read thin are famili..."

March 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The doc took good care of me. I had a surgery recommended to me by someone else and I didn't like the plan it didn't sound right. I saw Giordano and he had a di..."

March 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Only six weeks post op and back to work. Thanks so much. "

March 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He was everything I expected of a spine surgeon. Sharp talented and no nonsense. "

March 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was in real trouble. I had a fusion by another doctor and was doing very poorly. I saw dr Giordano who found a collection of fluid that had to be drained. Dr..."

March 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "a quality confident and sincere Doctor. He did great job with me. I was very happy. "

March 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent. Would highly recommend him. Very nice and smart"

February 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "OMG. Had a operation and was amazed that it was so pain free. Woke up in recovery room and told the nurse that I did not need the surgery., that my sciatica was..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I will tell all who read this that I was very happy. I actually saw Dr. Giordano for a second opinion and switched to him. I was very happy that I did. From the..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely the best! I was miserable with back pain and sciatica for three years. I wasted time with narcotics and injections. I had a fusion and had near comp..."

January 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw three docs and trusted dr Giordano to do the surgery. It was complicated but he did a great job. I was surprised how little pain I had after the surgery. ..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A very caring and compassionate person. I was very happy with his care. Had a neck operation. Had very very little pain after the surgery and I have done great..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best spine surgeon you will ever meet. Great guy and a great surgeon. "

November 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I too, like many of his patients were at a point beyond pain, beyond hope. He stopped me by saying what he was going to do for me. After explaining his detaile..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giordano has many gifts. He has a caring personality, he is a great surgeon and he just knows right from wrong. I had surgery from him years ago and have do..."

October 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolute best thing I ever did was to find Dr. Guirdano. "

October 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I never go to these sites but I couldn't resist trying to post something so everyone can find out about this doctor. He is something special. He operated on my ..."

October 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is a wonderful Doctor. I had a fusion from him about 15 years ago and have been great since. Recently saw him for a check up and was so happy that he is stil..."

October 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I could not be happier with dr Giordano. I was afraid to have surgery. Everyone I spoke to said it should be the last resort. Honestly Dr. Giordano explained it..."

September 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was injured at work. I operate heavy equipment and have a very physical life. I fell from a height of ten feet and injured a disc in my back. I saw three d..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I think he is a very special man. He really has a gift in understanding what to do and explaining. You can tell he really cares. Very unusual to see someone li..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic. So happy with surgical result. Should have seen this doctor sooner"

August 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best orthopedic spine doctor. He is very knowledgeable and best bedside manner"

August 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giordano is arrogant & only cares about the almighty dollar. If you are on Medicare, he treats you like a 2nd class citizen. I found it amusing that a wealt..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great dr. Great person. Knowledgeable kind. Could not be happier with results"

August 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I struggled with low back pain for years. It started radiating down my leg. I couldn't take it any more. I luckily have good insurance. Thank god for the teache..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't tell you how happy I am. I was really struggling with pain and what to do. I got Dr. Giordano's name from multiple people. I went to him out of network ..."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best thing I ever did was to drive 3 hours and meet this man. He just exudes confidence and you just know he is right. Had a revision operation and was amazed ..."

June 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What a gentleman and a scholar. If he was single I would introduce him to my daughter. A great guy that flat out has talent. He would have been good in anything..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "All I can say is yes. This is who you should see. He will not disappoint. "

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I suspect that there are not a lot of doctors like Dr Giorfano. I had a prio back operation 15 years ago. I degenerated at that level and need to be fused at th..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful doctor. Very direct and knowledgeable. Had see two other doctors before Giordano but it became very clear who was the best of the three. I had a neck ..."

April 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Don't even think about going to anyone else. He is a great doctor"

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Simply the best. No doubt about it. Saw a few doctors before I decided on Dr Giordano and was extremely happy. The highest integrity and surgical skill. Easy to..."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best. Absolutely the best. Ver smart and honest"

February 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent surgeon. Caring and competent. Highly recommended."

February 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Giordano you are my hero. I was very nervous about seeing a surgeon by you made me feel at ease. I knew I needed surgery but had a hard time facing it. You e..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best thing I ever did was to get to dr Giordano. I had a prior operation from another dr and always had some residual symptoms. I saw another dr in area who to..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The doc did the right thing. He knew exactly what was wrong and fixed it with screws in my back. I saw two other docs before him. I got his name from coworker, ..."

December 31, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Giordano is great. When I was in his office I overheard two patients talking about how they were going to scam the doc and get some time off. They must have ..."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love this man. He is a great doctor. Anybody that writes a negative review should have their head examined. Anyone who writes a negative review should be inve..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Sounds like based off reading these review if you have private insurance you and your pain matter. Now if you like me and the rest of the injured souls that fa..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "If you come with insurance he's the man . But if you notice all the workers compensation people he has treated says the same thing and I agree. He is for the wo..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i never thought I would love to have a back operation. But I can only tell you I wish I had it sooner. I was told that I should never have a spine operation by ..."

November 2, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw three doctors before I chose Dr Giordano. The first wanted to do shots. The second wanted to do a small operation and then if it didn't work do the real o..."

November 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was a workers comp patient with real bad low back pain. I had seen several docs that pushed injections an therapy and told me that the surgery to fix my probl..."

October 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wow. That's all I can say. My wife was crippled with very complicated problem that required a very complicated surgery. She did fantastic. Staff was very precis..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "You can't imagine how appreciative I am of docs work on me. He gave me my life and family back. Had a botched operation by another doc and Giordano fixed me up...."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great success with Dr Giordano, would not use any other Doctor . I have never heard of any negative comments from patients about Dr. Giordano."

October 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giordano treated me with the utmost respect from the first minute I met him to the day he discharged me. Everybody I spoke to in the waiting room praised hi..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I'm very confident with Dr Giordano's abilities as a surgeon. He is caring and compassionate. My only concerns are that he does not believe in pain medication a..."

September 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a great result with Dr Giordano. Back to full activities"

September 10, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Carl" to "Carl P."

October 20, 2013