Ratings for Dr. Phillip Park

Doctor Phillip Park lead the surgical team that removed my acoustic neuroma last week. The man is a giant in his profession. The way he had his staff care for me as I was terrified, his calm and sure demeanor in his ability to perform the operation, and his total command of the operating room was inspiring. I know people don't like how he may not offer up information, but any questions asked, will always be answered. Like the neurosurgeon he was working with on my surgery, Doctor Park patiently worked for more than double the estimated time, to completely remove my stuck tumor. He gave me the best possible outcome for my trying surgery. And I am forever grateful for him. He is an amazing doctor, and I am blessed to be his patient.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

My husband recently had a acoustic neuroma removed by Dr. Parks. We want to thank him and his staff for being professional and helpful during this stressful time. Dr. Park helped me to know what to do during the surgery wait time and after surgery he helped me again and gave me a report. We are very thankful for this skilled Dr. and all that he does to help patients and familys. There are no words to say enough thanks for the new least on life without a brain tumor! If your looking for a excellent Dr. - look no further!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Park was great! surgery went well healed even better. Thank you!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Leaves for vacation after performing surgery without telling patient. Led to infection of ear, have to re-do surgery.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Ive been going to Dr Park ever since i was a baby (which was 18 years ago) and he has helped. I have been deaf all my, life and he has done both of my implants. I certainly would recommend him to anyone. He is so caring to me and helpful. I have had a broken nose for a long time and his staff said he stopped doing noses but he was willing to make an exception for me since he knows me. I forever owe him to getting me to hear.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr Park is extremely rude. I have done 2 tympanoplasy surgeries with him and 1 failed. The first one, before going into the operating room i never got to see him and was put to sleep and woke up and never saw him. He never instructed me on how to take care of myself after the surgery so it failed. The second time i refused to be put to sleep before speaking with him. He spoke to me but was making fun of me the whole time as i was trying to explain to him why i think the surgery might have failed the first time. After the second surgery was complete i went in to get checked by him and it was time to have my stitches removed. What he did was horrible and traumatizing. I left the clinic in tears upset about how he treated me. He didn't warn me that i was going to be experiencing some pain, all he did was get me by surprise and started tugging and pulling away at the stitches in my ear and as i was screaming for him to stop he wouldn't and he kept going until i saw a little bit of blood. He then commented " oh well i guess ill cut them off". He then cut off the stitches after putting me through such agonizing pain. This guy is the worst and i will never ever be seeing him again and i will ensure that no one gets traumatized the way i was. This doctor is a joke and so are his staff.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Dr. Park removed an acoustic neuroma tumor from my right side in September 2015. I am forever grateful, the surgery was a complete success and my recovery has been remarkable. Several others who I have been in touch with who have been through this surgery have been left with facial paralysis, and I am so pleased that I was able to avoid this due to the skill of my surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I have been deaf on my right side since I was 12. Other ENTS have basically written my ear off. Dr Park was able to restore my hearing for me. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Dr. Park has continually refused to follow what I wish and continues to send me in for unhelpful and extremely painful surgeries that only make my hearing worse, It is very difficult to miss large amounts of school due to being in Grade 11. I have fallen behind multiple times because of surgeries and appointments with him. He continually tell us that I'm faking and that my hearing really isn't as bad as it is. Even though Bart (my favourite audiologist) continues to say my hearing isn't getting better. I want to switch but everyone says he is the "Best in Western Canada" which makes me mad because he has done nothing for me.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I wish I could rate Dr. Park, but I didnt even get to see him? I woke up one morning with random ringing in my ears. When it didnt go away i went to my doctor and was refered to Dr. Park (the best ENT in Calgary!) I waited 8 months for this appointment. During that wait time i had accepted that i had tinnitus, however I looked forward to my appointment to try to find out why, or how to deal with it. I did have to reschedule once, but the staff were super accommodating and understanding and got me in at their earliest convenience. Day of the appointment, i waited one hour for my hearing test, then another half hour for Park (Im pretty patient, and understand wait times at hospitals). The audiologist and nurses were all super friendly and attentive. But then, Dr Smith(?) I didnt even get her full name, but she was the resident ENT at the South Health and works closely with Dr Park, came in, had a look at my ears, and started chatting about nerve damage (no reasons as to why i had nerve damage) and how we all have ringing in our ears if we are in a quiet enough room..... basically told me to get used to it, and sent me on my way with a card in case it starts to really bother me(It has, and still does- as i tried to explain to her). Apparently Dr. Park can't be bothered with minor cases- even if you wait eight months to see him. (1 star for knowledge - as its required field, but i really didnt see him so i cant give a star there)

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015