Ratings for Dr. Phillip Park

Ive been going to Dr Park ever since i was a baby (which was 18 years ago) and he has helped. I have been deaf all my, life and he has done both of my implants. I certainly would recommend him to anyone. He is so caring to me and helpful. I have had a broken nose for a long time and his staff said he stopped doing noses but he was willing to make an exception for me since he knows me. I forever owe him to getting me to hear.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr Park is extremely rude. I have done 2 tympanoplasy surgeries with him and 1 failed. The first one, before going into the operating room i never got to see him and was put to sleep and woke up and never saw him. He never instructed me on how to take care of myself after the surgery so it failed. The second time i refused to be put to sleep before speaking with him. He spoke to me but was making fun of me the whole time as i was trying to explain to him why i think the surgery might have failed the first time. After the second surgery was complete i went in to get checked by him and it was time to have my stitches removed. What he did was horrible and traumatizing. I left the clinic in tears upset about how he treated me. He didn't warn me that i was going to be experiencing some pain, all he did was get me by surprise and started tugging and pulling away at the stitches in my ear and as i was screaming for him to stop he wouldn't and he kept going until i saw a little bit of blood. He then commented " oh well i guess ill cut them off". He then cut off the stitches after putting me through such agonizing pain. This guy is the worst and i will never ever be seeing him again and i will ensure that no one gets traumatized the way i was. This doctor is a joke and so are his staff.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Dr. Park removed an acoustic neuroma tumor from my right side in September 2015. I am forever grateful, the surgery was a complete success and my recovery has been remarkable. Several others who I have been in touch with who have been through this surgery have been left with facial paralysis, and I am so pleased that I was able to avoid this due to the skill of my surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I have been deaf on my right side since I was 12. Other ENTS have basically written my ear off. Dr Park was able to restore my hearing for me. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Dr. Park has continually refused to follow what I wish and continues to send me in for unhelpful and extremely painful surgeries that only make my hearing worse, It is very difficult to miss large amounts of school due to being in Grade 11. I have fallen behind multiple times because of surgeries and appointments with him. He continually tell us that I'm faking and that my hearing really isn't as bad as it is. Even though Bart (my favourite audiologist) continues to say my hearing isn't getting better. I want to switch but everyone says he is the "Best in Western Canada" which makes me mad because he has done nothing for me.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I wish I could rate Dr. Park, but I didnt even get to see him? I woke up one morning with random ringing in my ears. When it didnt go away i went to my doctor and was refered to Dr. Park (the best ENT in Calgary!) I waited 8 months for this appointment. During that wait time i had accepted that i had tinnitus, however I looked forward to my appointment to try to find out why, or how to deal with it. I did have to reschedule once, but the staff were super accommodating and understanding and got me in at their earliest convenience. Day of the appointment, i waited one hour for my hearing test, then another half hour for Park (Im pretty patient, and understand wait times at hospitals). The audiologist and nurses were all super friendly and attentive. But then, Dr Smith(?) I didnt even get her full name, but she was the resident ENT at the South Health and works closely with Dr Park, came in, had a look at my ears, and started chatting about nerve damage (no reasons as to why i had nerve damage) and how we all have ringing in our ears if we are in a quiet enough room..... basically told me to get used to it, and sent me on my way with a card in case it starts to really bother me(It has, and still does- as i tried to explain to her). Apparently Dr. Park can't be bothered with minor cases- even if you wait eight months to see him. (1 star for knowledge - as its required field, but i really didnt see him so i cant give a star there)

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr was incredibly rude, made fun of my accent and was very abrupt. My ears had been bleeding, he couldn't answer any of my questions and sent me away with a prescription for ear drops. Said my hearing wasn't great but "not the worst" he's seen. Waited 1 year for the appt and felt like an entire waste of time. Would never go back, he seemed to look down on me.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. Park performed a "mobilization of right stapes suprastructure" to my right ear Sept 2009. I had been deaf in that ear for as long as I could remember. Within one week I could hear as good out of that ear as the other one! I have been thrilled with having my hearing restored and no need of a hearing aid at the age of 73. Was VERY happy with the staff and Dr Park (and Bart). They were all so kind and helpful. Am VERY thankful to have had their care. Also performed a tonsillectomy on my grandson when other professionals left him to suffer with repeated infections. He's the best in my opinion!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

There are very few doctors in the world that are great at everything. Dr. Park was the second ENT that I saw for the same problem (the first felt like a waste of time). The diagnosis was the same, I had otoschlerosis and I could wear hearing aids or have a stepedotomy. I found Dr. Park's South office to be beautiful, comfortable and modern. His staff were incredibly warm and although this does not describe Dr. Park, he was professional and clearly explained what was wrong and how to fix it. I had no problem consenting immediately to surgery with this man. There is a reason why his surgery schedule is booked until 2012. For those who did not rate their appointment favorably, they should consider that bed-side manner and surgical competence rarely occur together. Pick a G.P. with patience and great listening skills, pick your surgeon with talent and a steady hand. Thanks to Dr. Park, I can hear normally again.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

I was told by someone else for 7 months my vertigo problems and hearing loss were from my jaw and was sent to spend $1000's at the recommended Dentist. I then saw Dr Parks and I was correctly diagnosed, and had surgery a few months after. The vertigo is completely gone, pain mostly gone, and my hearing is better in the surgery ear than my other one! The only thing I would say is to have more info on what to expect after surgery in regards to symptoms of healing and expected length (what is "typically normal"). I was a high maintenance, and panicky patient and he and the staff were very patient. He also answered all my questions that I had put together pre and post-op. I would trust Dr Parks to discern between TMJ and ear issues that need to be addressed. After 3 months the resulting tinnitus is quieter than the first post-op 6 weeks, and any lingering differences after surgery are well worth the increase in quality of life. If there ever are other problems I would go back.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011