Ratings for Dr. Geronimo Sahagun

I don't have any big problems with DR Sahagun himself. He is nice, seems to know his stuff, but his visits are short chats that don't allow you to ask all your questions. I would not recommend this doctor and here's why: his staff are so rude, abrupt and critical that I dread going into his clinic or even just calling for an appointment. They never call back when they say they will, and they seem to lack all internal communication. I shouldn't have to call back 5 times with a simple question and have the nurse have no idea what I'm talking about when I mention previous requests.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr. Sahagun is a wonderful doctor, he has a very busy practice, but never makes me feel like he is in a hurry. He will always take the time to answer a patient's questions.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

Dr, Sahagun is always polite and smiling, I think the the world of him, but the problem I have is the fact that when you get to his office, you will see him for about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes and then he is gone, and your lucky if you can see him again in 6 months.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

Dr. Sahagun is a great doctor. Yes, he's busy. Yes, he has a lot of patients. But that's because he is very knowledgable and the best in the state. My OB wouldn't have sent me to someone that did not care about his patients. Any information you want, he'll give you. When you have your first appointment, he hands you numerous books and resources. Him and his staff want the best for their patients. Yes, they can be brash, but if you've ever stepped into that office, you'd understand. There are some very rude patients. People who are angry towards the people who are trying to help. If you can not be patient and grateful for the care they are providing, then by all means, move along. I have had nothing but a great experience with this office. Yes, treatment is going to suck, but if you are proactive in your health and staying ahead of the game, you will do well. That is what this staff wants from their patients; to be proactive in your care.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

Do not go to this doctor. He has too many patient due to his Hep C Studies. He gets paid from the government per patient. He put me in his study without my permission. When I questioned why he had done so, he dropped me as a patient in the middle of treatments with no ref feral. I have lost all trust in doctors due to him. It was devastating, I was so very sick on the interferon treatments. He was rude and cold and more worried that I could sue him then my health. I had been his patient for over 3 years, during that time he was late 100% of the time, Lots of hours in the waiting room. But mostly I wouldn't even see him he was too busy, just his nurse who was also very rude. As for his billing. My insurance company was double and triple billed for some of my treatments. Unless I really had 3 Liver biopsies in 1 day? Or 2 office visits same day. So No I don't recommend Dr. Sahagun.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

Blew through things. Did a couple of procedures and then was impossible to get a hold of for explanations. Very disappointed and went somewhere else.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

A great doctor who has perhaps taken on too many patients due to his excellent knowledge and skills. Appointments can be months out and punctuality is a problem. However, he is probably the best in Anchorage for anyone with hepatitis. Good bedside manner and very knowledgeable about current research, medicines, etc. Most of the staff is excellent with one or two exceptions on occasion. He is very supportive to anyone undergoing treatment.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

Slick talker but really is not as smart as he seems. Wish I had known he was not board certified.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008

very pleasant, kind & understanding, thorough, explains in easily understood details, blunt but respectfull, knowledgable, listens to and answers all questions, great office staff, friendly & kind personnel, always courteous on the phone, competent staff, very professional, great bedside manner, confident in his treatment and decision making skills

flag | Submitted January 26, 2008

Excellent manner, very through, very knowlegable, highly recommend. Excellent staff.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007

Dr. Geronimo Sahagun's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Amerigroup