Ratings for Dr. Sandy Schwann

I love this office. Dr. Schwann was the second ped dentist we have seen and I will comtinue to return. She is wonderful and knowledgable and her staff are fabulous. My kids love her.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

100% recommend this office. The doctor and staff are very thoural and really care about your child's teeth.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

They are always late. The wait time is always at least 25 minutes to half an hour wait. If you're a punctual person , this is not the clinic for you. The doctor is always late, including the hygienists as well.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

When hiring anyone, my husband and I look for people who are: 1) Knowledgeable 2) Experienced 3) Passionate/Caring My evaluation of Dr. Sandra Schwann for these three areas is as follows; 1) Knowledgeable - Proved correct on a detail about a cavity that another dentist consulted a few days prior had said there were none (both examined same x-ray). I know because we happened to drill into this tooth which was beside the one she was doing extensive work on, and it did have a very deep cavity. - Knew the side effects of the medications 2) Experienced - Practiced for at least 20 years - Knew the minimum dosage of local anesthetic needed for my child and then added as necessary - Had some intuition when something was bothering my child and then had strategy to help my child through lengthy procedure (e.g. Count to 5 while drilling, short break, start again) - I was welcome to stay with my child (some dentists do not allow this and I personally think it should be an option for parents that can remain calm and know their child would benefit from their physical presence there) 3) Passionate/Caring - Once in a while she would explain/show me what was going on; consulted me on work to be done - Comforted and spoke to my child throughout the lengthy procedure - Gentle - We felt cared for My mother-in-law, having gone through more major teeth work herself, said "You never know how good a dentist is until you need major work done." My child had significant work done and we are strongly considering returning for whatever else needs to be done even though my heart is just aching for my child : ( P.S. Thank you everyone for your reviews! It is good to keep all that has been said in mind because everyone's experience is different.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I am horrified by the latest review dated June 13/16. My daughter has been seeing Dr. Schwann since she was 3 years old. I have known Dr.Schwann for over 10 yrs. This is a pediatric dental office ( little children ) do you run on time with your 2 kids to the minute? Dr. Schwann is NOT going to walk away from a child who is scared and crying , you should be happy that someone is taking the extra time to settle your child down. I do not believe that a specialist that has been practicing for as many years as Dr. Schwann needs your money. Perhaps if one was to rate moms and posted this about your parenting skills you would have something to say. Instead of hiding behind a rating system, take these written reports from 3 other Dentist to Dr. Schwann and discuss it with her.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

My kids had been seeing another pediatric dentist. Their first visit to dr. Schwann was late, long and ended up with 14 cavities between 2 kids. My spidey senses were tingling so I paid for 3 check ups from other dentists ( I took the X-rays to all appts so the kids didn't need to have more taken). All 3 checkups showed NO cavities on the 2 kids that were supposed to have 14. But my youngest had 1( that was missed by dr. Schwann. Maybe she is adverse to working on young patients?) bottom line is thank god I didn't just go ahead with all that dental work. The expense to me, pain to my kids as well as weakening their natural teeth we try so hard to maintain. She is obviously in it for money. And I will never be going back. And can't tell everyone I know how terrible my experience was. I would argue malpractice actually.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Although I believe that dentistry is not regulated here in Alberta, I find the exorbitant rates charged here inexcusable. My last visit with my 2 sons concluded with a request for 4 separate visits to attend to 'potential' cavities. I think this is outrageous. seems like a huge cash grab.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Been going to this office for years. Never once have had the reception be rude. But I have watched people demand appointment times after there hours or ask if all work can be done on their child in one appointment only. I would not put myself thru all my dental work done at once so why would I expect my child to sit and have it done. I have to vouch for these women who deal with ignorant people everyday with class. Just cause parents don't get their way doesn't mean the staff is rude. I would never trust another office as much as this one.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Worst reception staff on the planet. Can't even manage to be pleasant to the clients. Dr is good but there are others who are just as good or better in the city. I will not bring my son back. I can overpay somewhere else in this city.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Reception staff is terrible! Rude and have no interest in kids... When it's a KIDS dentist. Awful people to have as your first impression of the office. The Dr herself is very friendly... But VERY busy and we were alloted a whole 5 mins for our checkup. I had questions that she barely answered as she was walking out to her next child!! Plus... U never get in on time... And then when they bring you to the back area you end up waiting another 15 mins or more for the dentist..,, and with a 3and a half year old this is a total pain because all I did was end up chasing him around back there making sure he didn't touch anything! Bottom line for a KIDS dentist it's not run well directed to kids

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015