Ratings for Dr. Mark E. Foglesong

Just had a brief visit. Very personable and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Dr. Foglesong seems like a very.... good surgeon. But as for personality, and bedside manner, quite frankly rude, and mean. On top of the god complex mentioned in other reviews, seems to think anyone a little over weight should be REPEATEDLY told how HUGE they are, and GOD YOUR JUST SO LARGE, HOW DID YOU GET THIS HUGE. I'm writing this review on behalf of my mother, who when I got home with her, was IN TEARS. She's a bit overweight (220! thats it not like she belongs on biggest loser), but not matter your size you SHOULD NOT BE A COMPLETE JERK about it. I plan on attempting to switch doctors, if our insurance allows it, and from now on accompany her in the office. I would not recommend him if you like a kind doctor.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Dr. Fogelsong is very professional and knowledgable. He went over all options for treatment and explained procedures and X-Ray results clearly. Great sense of humor! If I need surgery for my wrist, I will have him do it. His staff are very helpful and courteous. I will be seeing again in 6 weeks to see how the treatments are working.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

Acted very impatient when I asked questions. When physical therapist noted continued stiffness and pain slowing improvement, I asked what the problem was and what I should do. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Hey, I'm a surgeon. Maybe you ought to go find a pain clinic." This was on the regular checkup visit. What was the use of the checkup visit? After a year, I have better mobility, but wish I had had a real doctor. Don't recommend this guy. Abrupt, unpleasant and has a God complex.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

Dr. Fogelsong is very knowledgable and takes time with you. He explains your options. I used him many years ago for my shoulder and have no regrets. I have seen him recently for my wrist and again feel very well informed and comfortable with him as my dr.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

This jerk is the most blatant example of "cut and run" medicine I have ever seen. I had two hand surgeries by him and I will say that he appeared to be technically competent to do the surgery. However, when complications developed (not his fault, just one of those things) he absolutely lost interest. He refused to coordinate my care with my neurologist and demanded I either follow his mandate to have shots in a neck nerve or find another doctor. The fact that he refused to discuss this rather scary treatment with my other physician astonished me. Believe me, I did go to another doctor!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Dr. Foglesong is very personal and competent. If I needed any other orthopedic surgery, he is the person I would definitely see.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

Surgically competent, but thinks God left him in charge. Another physician of mine disagreed with a medication Dr. Foglesong prescribed because he was worried I would have a bad reaction to it, so Dr. Foglesong said if I didn't do what he said he would drop me as a patient. He wouldn't even discuss the medicine with my other doctor! Arrogant with a capital A.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008

Dr. Mark E. Foglesong's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal