Ratings for Dr. Elgan Baker

When I 1st meet Dr Baker I was impressed. He seemed to be a compassionate and knowledgeable Dr. However this quickly changed. 3 wks later he invited me back to get the verbal results from the testing on my son. Two months later now I have yet to receive the "written" diagnosis in the mail. All that he told me is just hearsay to any other Dr or even my children’s school until they have in writing what the diagnosis was. In his office when he told me what the results were he said “I would get the report via mail in about a week”. This is where the lies began. I’ve called every week for 6wks w/no response. He is always "in a session" but never returns my calls. When I begin questioning his staff since he was never available they said it had to go to a transcriber & that takes 2wks. The next excuse was that the holiday delayed things even though my appointment had been 5 weeks prior. So which is it? I would NOT recommend this Dr if you need someone reliable & who "cares" for YOU personally

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Dr. Baker is a very caring, sensitive therapist. I was referred to him after my first therapist realized that she couldn't help me. He did.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Incredibly bright, national reputation, sensitive and respectful. The best therapist I have ever seen. Psychoanalytic. He is the guy they send you to see when noone else can help you. He is the "therapist's therapist".

flag | Submitted May 3, 2009

Dr. Baker helped us with an adoption case and was able to commplete a psychological evaluation for our son. He even went out of his way to come and testify in court which was tremendously helpful. An amazing person.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2007