Ratings for Dr. Edison Goncalves

I've been seeing Dr. Goncalves for about 5 years. He is always willing to spend the time I need. He is caring and compassionate, but will tell it like it is. I would rather have a doctor who is straight forward with me. He is very knowledgeable on the latest research and medications available. Thanks to his guidance, my diabetes is well controlled. Dr. Goncalves is the third endocrinologist I've seen and I think he's the best.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Talk about late! He books all of his patients for 8 am. Last appointment I was in the office for 2 hours and still hadn't set eyes on the doctor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Excellent doctor. He may be late, but he spends a lot of time with his patients; and he is caring and compassionate.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

After getting my appointment, going to said appointment and then getting all the lab testing that was required and insurance would not cover, I am no better than when I started. I went because after a thyroiditis and putting on weight I was having a very tough time getting it off. I had lost 70 pounds on my own but by working out 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, only water and coffee to drink for 6 years now, and doing as told and limiting calorie intake to less than 1,000 calories a day. All the lab work was in range so I wad told to eat even less, around 700 calories a day, and eventually my body would have to start losing more. Seriously? Wow!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Excellent physician, caring and extremely competent.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I went to see DR GONCLAVES for several years,he got my blood sugars under control and helped with my thyroid, I was doing great,But went to see him last week and he informed me he was no longer going to take MEDICARE patients,I was lost for words and even offered to pay cash for my visits but he said no,said he could no longer order blood work since he wasn't taking MEDICARE,I know this is not true because my family dr stopped taking medicare but let me pay for his visits and he ordered blood work every three months,So I am really dissapointed with dr gonvlaves,All of us will be MEDICARE age at some point in our life,he as well,hope he never needs MEDICARE or maybe that would be karma for him!!! I thought he really cared about helping people but not poor people or older people!!!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

I love Dr. Goncalves. He is the first doctor to recognize and treat my hormone problems after yrs of doctors saying i was to young to have those issues or just prescribe " fix all" birth control. I am doing soo much better now under his care. not only did he find I have PCOS but he also found that I was insulin resistant, which no other doctor had even bothered to check. He also found my thyroid had nodules on them, and did a nerve test and found that I had severe carpal tunnel. In a nutshell, he takes your concerns very seriously. I Highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I seen Dr. Goncalves for hypothyroidism and he was very rude. My knee was severely swollen and painful, and he would not even take the time to look at it, he looked at me like i was crazy and said that has nothing to do with this. I have broke down 2 times crying my eyes out suffering from the symptoms of this disease and all he could say was the synthyroid will make you feel better, and he practically runs out the door. I would not recommend him if you are suffering from Hypothyroidism . ...

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

I went to Dr. Goncalaves for hypothyroidism. I had a TSH of 468 which is severely abnormal. He was quick to point out that a male patient of his was in much worse shape than I was even though his TSH was only in the 40's. At one point he refused to check my thyroid and tried to put me on antidepressants. I changed physicians and had my thyroid levels checked. They were severely abnormal again and once my medication was adjusted, I felt fine.

Submitted February 1, 2012

He is as good and helpful Dr. as any one could ask for if he runs a little behind it is because he takes time to talk to you. He is as good as you can get

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Dr. Edison Goncalves's Credentials

• Univ Fed De Rio Grande Do Sul, Fac De Med, Porto Alegre, Rs, Brazil (Grad. 1982)