Ratings for Dr. Eva Vozis

Left Dr. Vozis 2003 over missed diagnosis for diabetes. Several doctors requested medical record on my behalf. No response. Finally got an email address in April 2016 from the College. She replied and confirmed she still had the chart but claimed it had been sent. Not true; I requested all other doctor's records and checked. Am now dealing with the complaint process of the Information and Privacy Commissioner www.ipc.on.ca They confirm that all records are the property of the patient and doctors are only the custodians. Exceptions are rare and specific. Get the form on line and mail it in if your records have not been released to you or a doctor you indicated.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Carol was busy and slow, but her husband was even worse. I always had to wait to be seen - for up to an hour. I've not been able to obtain my health records after her retirement despite her saying they would be available for ten years. All that said, she detected a lump in my breast which turned out to be cancerous, so I am grateful to her for her care.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I was a patient of Doctor Vozis for many years during which time, wait times were always long, and I did not mind as I knew that Dr. Vozis was the sort of Doctor who took the time needed with each patient, didn't rush through assessments, and was very helpful. Until such time as her husband who had retired became her medical assistant, at that point in time the service from the Assistant dropped to a very poor level, where calls were often not returned, it was difficult to make appointments... Dr. Vozis seemed to be on one vacation after another. I guess to spend more time with her now retired husband. Dr. Vozis mentioned to me once that her vision was changing after she got the computers in the office, she was paper only until that point. I wonder if she was not very ill herself. I wonder if we will ever know. She was an excellent Doctor, as were her parents who inherited their practices and patients. It's sad that at the end of the day none of us have our medical files.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Sorry I disagree with the statements I see here. She is the best doctor I have ever, ever had period. I am deeply grateful for all the help she and Joe give me. She always believes me, and does not bring outdated thinking to my care. Sometimes medicine is about giving comfort, not cures - she does both.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

Very true about the long wait times.It's very frustrating when we have to pay so much for parking due to the wait time. Her husband is DEFINITELY not Carol.I don't think I've ever seen him smile!I've been going to Dr.Vozis since she started practicing in that office w/her mother.I was a patient of her mother's before that (may she rest in peace).I have to admit that I only continue to put up with the wait time because I am very fond of her.She always makes me feel welcome&takes the time to talk to me.She was also my childrens' doctor.I don't think I will ever consider changing doctor. I just wish that the service was better.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Why the previous poster is upset that the receptionist cannot give out results is beyond me. One would not expect them to without direction from the Doctor

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Wow !!! So many people are angry and disappointed from Dr Eva Vouzis ! And I'm one of them! I'm so angry and frustrateded and finaly decidet to look up for reviews about her oficce.Since her other sectretary left and her Husbund took this position it's a night mare!He is si arrogant and anprofessional that make me feel ancomfortable to call her officce for any reason.I did check up and some tests in October.Now is February alredy and still can't get my resolts!This is iligal!I left so many messages not even one call back.Jouseph never pick ups the phone !In January I was able to cacth him on the phone and he sad that he is not allowed to give any info.He promesed Dr Vouzis will call me back and she never did !This is so unprofessinal !I will never go back there again !

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

Recently had to find another doctor, can't take the poor service, I liked her as a person but the follow up is the worst I've experienced. I call every day and leave messages to get test results to no available, I make 8am appointments only to wait 2 hours because she books 4 people at 8am!!!! I now book two appointments, one for physical and one appt 1 week later to check my results, the last time I was in she lost my chart and was giving me pretend information and I questioned her results and she had to admit that she couldn't find my chart, I dont know what's happening to her, she needs to hire a professional secretary not her husband. I highly recommend you don't join her practice due to poor service, she is a lovely lady though but she has a professional responsibility to her patients which is sadly bordering on malpractice! PS- I switched to a naturopathic doctor and the follow up is amazing because i'm paying out of pocket but it's worth it

flag | Submitted January 22, 2011

Very, very unhappy. Had to go back to get medical leave forms properly filled out and waited well be beyond what should be expected.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Vozis for 21 years. Overall, she has been outstanding in her care!! But over the last number of months, since Carol left and Joseph has become her assistant, I find that it is difficult to get an appointment or a return phonecall, even when it is an urgent situation. I truly hope that Dr. Vozis checks this website and makes some necessary improvements (maybe this role isn't the best for Joseph?)...otherwise I will join the great number of people who are looking for a GP. This makes me quite sad...I trust Dr. Vozis, and quite like her, but I just can't get in to see her when necessary...

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

Dr. Eva Vozis's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.