Ratings for Dr. James D. Bruckner

If you are his patient and you are healing properly he's okay. But if you're not healing properly he is an angry, narcissistic annoyance.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2019

Had both hips done and I feel like a new woman! He was knowledgeable and answered any and all concerns. Sad I waited so long to have surgery. My quality of life is so much better now!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Dr Bruckner and his staff are outstanding at what they do. Dr Bruckner was recommended to me from a pain management specialist after almost a year of feeling frustrated with no answers from several other physicians and physical therapy. While he has a very busy office and I travel at least 1/2 hour to get there (at one point over an hour), it is worth every minute. I first saw him for labral tears in both hips and later (as expected) needed a THR in one of my hips. From the minute we met, I knew it was a good match. He encouraged my input and boy did I come with lots of questions, and he answered every one. His staff (Shelby, Debbie, Lori, Jessica, and Mary Lynn) have all been wonderful and extremely helpful through the many years I have known them. His surgical team is just as impressive. I completely trust his judgement and experience. They have two offices, both convenient in the Puget Sound area.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Dr. Bruckner is in extremely high demand, and the worst part of the experience was getting the surgery scheduled, where there was a 6 month wait. I had FAI plus labral tears on my hip, and I suffered with it for 6 months before seeing him, after seeing 2 other MDs as well as PTs who could not help me. My surgery was arthroscopic debriding of the impingement and labrum. The recovery was long and frustrating, but after 6 months I was ice skating again for hockey (my sport). At ten months and some more PT, I'm at probably 90% and feel much much better, thanks to him. He is a nice man but can seem a bit rushed during appointments, and he is never available on the phone, but it's understandable given how busy he is. He's probably the only person in the PNW doing arthroscopic hip surgery, but his results and success rate speaks for itself.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

excellent surgeon.he is against the use of effective pain meds.he is VERY good @ talking the talk.lied to me about pain meds.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

Dr. Bruckner was amazing! Wonderful bedside manner and finally made me feel better after years of hip issues! His staff (Lori, Jessica, and Debbie) are the most wonderful, helpful women I have ever dealt with. His surgery center staff was incredible and most importantly I feel BETTER! All medical practices should run themselves the way these people do. Wow, wow, WOW!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

I believe Dr Bruckner and his staff did a very great job on my hip replacement, in fact no believes I had one by how well I am walking. The Team was very precise and prompt and caring and I am still amazed at how good i feel. My insurance is my only disappointment as they did not pay the full amount.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

I had a unique hip condition and at age 17 I needed a total replacement. Although many of the doctors I saw were very uncertain about what to do, I set up an appointment with Dr. Bruckner and he talked through all my options with me. After giving me lots of time to think things through, we decided to go ahead with the surgery. He took time to inform me of what all was going on, and I felt that he was very personable through the recovery process. Now, 3 years later, I am still pain-free! I highly recommend him as a hip doctor.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2009

I had knee replacement with Dr. Bruckner 4 years ago. I still walk with a cane and am in constant pain. To say he is not empathetic is being nice. Most visits he seem aloof and says half joking remarks about my situation. He never once had contact with any of my physical therapist to try and coordinate his ideas for treatment. He told me on my last visit that he believes I have a different underlying problem and maybe he was fooled by my exrays about the need for knee replacement. He is not helpful or active in helping solve my so called soft tissue problem. I hear he is an excellent surgeon. However if you have problems after he's not the man for you.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

I am 53 years old and had gone to UW for chronic hip pain. I was told there was no cartiledge left, but I was too young for a hip replacement and would have to live with the pain for a few more years. This was unacceptable to me. I heard from the PA there that Dr. Bruckner had gone into private practise in Bellevue, so contacted his office for an appointment. They took a standing x-ray and he spent a lot of time with me. Together we decided that total hip replacement was the best option for my quality of life. Since he is such an excellent surgeon, he was booked 6 months out. I had my hip replaced in March of 2007 and it was the best thing I have done. Dr. Bruckner did a superb job, using a small incision. I was dancing and wearing high heels again 3 months after surgery. Follow up care was excellent. He also replaced my brother's knee 3 years ago - and he had a great result. I cannot recommend Dr. Bruckner enough.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

Dr. James D. Bruckner's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Bellevue, WA