Ratings for Dr. G. KIM Bigley

I don't know how Dr. Bigley's staff can stand to work for him! He is an incredibly rude and insensitive individual, especially given his position as a neurologist. People that come to him are already having issues...the last thing they need is to be treated rudely and yelled at by this man. I was having strange 'episodes' and he wouldn't even let me speak to explain what happened during the episodes. He would ask me a question, then when I tried to answer, he interrupted me every time very rudely in a raised voice. Without any testing at all, he decided that I have epilepsy and told me that he needed to report me to the DMV. He prescribed a drug, which I have no intention of taking, and ordered tests that can't even be scheduled for weeks or months out. I am NOT going back to this doctor and would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Dr. Bigley was very rude, and he is not a good doctor. When I saw him, I was walking with a walker. I asked him if he wanted to see me walk, and he said he did not need too. As we were leaving his office, he sad I had drop foot and ordered a brace. He yelled at me, and said, "What do you want me do, diagnose you with MS or Parkinson's disease?" I was very respectful to him, and did not deserve to be treated this way. Final outcome - another doctor sent me to UCSF. After many tests, and a very through exam with a second opinion, I was diagnosed with ALS. Currently, I cannot walk at all and use a power wheelchair. I am typing this with my one good finger. He is not just "bluntly honest", but is cruel, and I was in management for 35 years. I'm a very strong woman.. I should have seen an attorney, and had him charged with malpractice. However, I am struggling each day as I lose more and more of my bodily abilities.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

My mother has been seeing Dr. Bigley the last three years for her Trigeminal Neuralgia. I like Dr. Bigley a lot. He is extreme intelligent. He is not "rude". He is just "bluntly honest". He doesn't like his patient to take medication because all medication are poisons. Don't you agree? He doesn't prescribe medication for you because he truly care about you. Human boy is so complicate, do you really believe pharmaceutical company they care about you? No, they don't. You got to take care of yourself and understand how much poison you are taking every day to damage your health. Dr. Bigley won't prescribe medication for you unless is really necessary. Dr. Bigley likes his patients ask "intelligent" questions. I agreed with that. When we're ill, to certain degree we are the one who understand our body more than anyone else. I would never let any trained M.D. or O.D. or Ph. D. or A.P.R.N. told me what to do. Ask intelligent question is our responsibility. Besides doctor's medical degree and trained knowledge their moral standard and their heart is what we need. If they have both qualities plus their knowledge and their years of experiences, then you have a chance to really improve the quality of your life. Dr. Bigley has the knowledge, experiences and the heart. I see that. Under the hard shell there is a soft and gentle heart. Dr. Bigley is a good doctor and a good person. Don't just look the surface. Look deeper in this man.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

OMG ! I have never been treated so poorly by a health care provider in my life, this man was rude and condescending, I felt like I was sitting in front of Judge Judy. He didn't go over my MRI with me, when I ask about the results he snapped there was nothing he could do, but failed to tell me what was wrong. The most Unprofessional hateful man I have ever met. Run and don't look back. There has to be caring neurologist in Reno somewhere.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Very smart but extremely rude and needs to work on manners. Unprofessional.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I have never been to such a rude, numb and careless doctor in my life! I have brain damage and was referred back to him by my primary care. I had refused to go back before because he was so terrible. I went back in and he had the nerve to say "I'm not giving you any more drugs" I can't take any narcotics and he didn't even check my chart to see this. Just accused me. Not only is he rude to his patients, he is rude to hospital staff. I heard him talking to a nurse when I was admitted and wish she had files a complaint. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Kim Bigley for treatment of my MS for 25 years. I have found him to be incredibly knowledgeable and very friendly. He has been very compassionate and excited about my progress through the years. I recommend him to everyone who is need of neurology assistance.

Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr Bigley was the worst doctor I have ever encountered in my life. (This says a lot because I am a nurse and have encountered many rude doctors). Has no compassion for his patients and makes you feel like a complete idiot. Found no solution to my problem and has apparently missed very important diagnoses such as cancerous brain tumors. I would not trust this doctor to treat my family, friends or anyone that I care about. He may be knowledgable but needs to retire with his lack of compassion and bedside manner. I felt that I was being interrogated more than being assessed as a patient. Do not see this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Worst ever, dit not return my call for 3 days about side effects F. Siegenthaler

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

Dr. Bigley spent less than 20 minutes with me - this time included a "complete" neuro exam and medical history. Except that he took three phone calls and actually stepped out of the appt during this time. I was not able to give him my complete medical history. He was condescending and cranky. His staff appears to be afraid of him. When I get the results of the MRI he scheduled I will go somewhere else for treatment. When I called to report an additional symptom a week after my appt. he told me to go see my General Practitioner. I will do that - to get a referral to a different neuro.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Dr. G. KIM Bigley's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)