You may also like

Ratings for Dr. James Jarvis

Dr. Jarvis performed a surgery on me January 23, 2012. The surgery was supposed to help cure some mild scoliosis in my back caused by a leg length difference . Dr. Jarvis's plan was to drill 4 holes in my Right Knee to stop the growth plate in hopes to stunt the growth on my right side, to allow my left side to catch up and hopefully sort out my scoliosis. It is now 2016, i have only had one follow up with Dr.Jarvis and that was while i was still in a cast with my recovery behind schedule. I am experiencing more pain/soreness in my back than i did than ( almost none before surgery) and now have had a bone chip floating around on the left side of my knee the last 4 years. I was good for a bit after the surgery but whatever is floating around in my knee ( im assuming a bonechip based on how it feels ) has been casing more pain now and is hindering my mobility. I had heard tremendous things about Dr.Jarvis before my surgery and would gladly change my review to being more positive if he can just inform me of what exactly is wrong. What's floating around in my knee and why is it there? If it was just part of the procedure why isnt there anything floating around where the other holes were drilled in? We drilled 4 holes into my growth plate on my right side to stunt the growth to attempt to allow my left side to catch up and straighten out my spine but i grew during the surgery time table and my lower back feels worse now than it did before? This surgery didnt help like it was supposed to and cannot find any way to contact Dr.Jarvis. I'd really like to talk to him and know why my knee is messed up and if he knows anyone that can fix the problem he started.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr. Jarvis is an excellent doctor. He corrected my daughter's 90 degree curve due to scoliosis three years ago. She is doing awesome and even went back to dancing ballet 4 months after her surgery!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Thanks to Dr. Jarvis my daughter kept her leg and walks without a limp.He was professional at all times. She is now in her 30's and doing well.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Tres bon docteur il a changer ma vie quand il m'a opéré pour ma scoliose. J'ai meme pu avoir des enfants. Merci beaucoup. It's good doctor. He change my life when operate me for the scoliosis. Today i have 3 kids, Tanks doctor Jarvis apreciate...

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

Excellent Doctor!! Dr. Jarvis operated on my 16 yr. old son's lower back and did an excellent job! My son is now 23 yrs old and doing very well. He is very understanding, took his time with us, I would highly recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

I have Cerebral Palsy. I could not walk if it wasn't for this man. Great surgeon!!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

Dr. Jarvis is amazing! My daughter has a very challenging medical history, and he has been more than stellar in helping her. She spent 8 months in a full body cast last winter, and is facing another 4 months this coming winter. He is kind and compassionate, and very, very sweet. He is the reason she will walk when this is all done. What a blessing he is!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

A 5/5 doctor in every respect. I credit this surgeon with my daughter now being able to walk. The absolute best of the best.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2007

Dr. Jarvis has been a wonderful doctor to deal with. He is kind and has a wonderful way with children. We have been seeing him once a week for almost three months and have come to love his "off the wall" sense of humour. He has a way of putting everyone in the room at ease, including our 3 month old son. If you do need to see an pediatric orthopedic specialist, I can hands-down recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2007

Dr. James Jarvis's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Jarvis performed a surgery on me January 23, 2012. The surgery was supposed to help cure some mild scoliosis in my back caused by a leg length difference..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Jarvis is an excellent doctor. He corrected my daughter's 90 degree curve due to scoliosis three years ago. She is doing awesome and even went back to danci..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Anyone know of a good Orthodpedic Surgeon in Ottawa? Seems these doctor's are not practicing anymore"

December 9, 2014
  • First Name changed from "" to "James"

April 26, 2012