Ratings for Dr. Cathy M. Chapman

Dr. Chapman took the time to explain my back condition and the X-ray results. She is quite popular and busy - but strives to stay on time. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Staff is extremely rude and completely unprofessional. Dr did lots and lots of blood work but never discussed results with me and to my knowledge has never diagnosed me, if she did she didn't let me know. In the process of finding a new dr.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I was initially referred to Dr. Chapman for what my primary doctor suspected to be Rheumatoid Arthritis. Labs were drawn but never discussed. The results were simply posted online with a few notations. Then, I received a call that a prescription for Plaquenil had been called in to my pharmacy. I recently went to my second appointment with Dr. Chapman. I mentioned that she had incorrectly stated information on the patient portal about my patient history and symptoms. I told her that my joint pain and swelling were worsening, and she did a brief exam, barely touching me. I told her that I would need to have FMLA paperwork completed due to my flares and MD visits, and she told me that there was a $50 charge in addition to the office copay. Dr. Chapman shows no empathy for my severe pain and barely makes eye contact. She did not give me a diagnosis during my visit. I just found out by checking the patient portal this morning.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Worst experience to date with a doctor and terrible staff!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

d Dr Chapman Has been my doctor for the last five years and I wish I had looked her up first I agree she has no personality and her staff is rude and ignorant I am currently looking for a new rheumatologist

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Horrible doctor...will change your appt.time with no warning but the day before, total disregard for her patients. Wants to put you on psychatric meds and wants you to see a psychiatrist because the pain is just in your head.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I went to Dr. Chapman for fibromyalgia a few years ago and she was not informative at all. Very bad bedside manner. Wanted to place me on powerful drugs which i told her I was looking for an alternative to that route. Acting as if she didn't enjoy her job at all!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I have seen Dr. Chapman maybe five times. I never liked her but I kept seeing her because someone told me she was a good doctor. When i first went for chronic pain all over for about 1 year and nobody could tell me what was wrong, she diagnosed me with fibromyalgia which I had never heard of. She did not explain it to me,acted as if i was bothering her if i asked questions and is very rude has no compassion or bed side manners. She took blood never gave me any results. I tried to call her office because I was in so much pain I wasn't able to work,i couldnt get an emergency appointment,a return call from her and I couldn't get an excuse for work and i could barely stand up. I was in so much pain I had a breakdown and had to see a psychiatrist. At my next appointment 3 months later I told her these things and she pretty much said in so many words she didnt want to see me anymore. Please dont waste your time on this rude doctor with no compassion at all for her patients. She diagnose you without knowing everything. She will never give you eye contact all she do is type on that computer the entire 10 minutes youre there. She is the WORSE doctor I have ever came in contact with and im advising you not to waste your time or money.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I saw Dr. Chapman a few years back. I was in excruciating pain: TMJ, severe back pain and psoriasis. I went to her because I felt that I had Psoriatic Arthritis. She spent about 5 minutes with me, ran some tests in her office and then pronounced that "You don't have arthritis. I don't know what's wrong with you, but I can't help". I spent the next two years searching for an answer (having ruled out arthritis), and my health just deteriorated horribly. Finally, a friend of mine got me an emergency appointment with a Dermatologist for whom she worked. I explained to him my situation, and he took one look at my fingernails and told me I had Psoriatic Arthritis. Tests confirmed this, of course. Just know that this 'doctor' couldn't even diagnose a common case of arthritis in a person displaying every symptom...she really doesn't seem to care.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

I was very disappointed by Dr. Chapman and her staff. Her staff was unfriendly and confrontational. Very poor customer service attitudes. Dr. Chapman spent under 5 minutes with me. During the visit she "maybe" made eye contact with me one time. She was more focused on typing on her computer and then handed me a printout of what she thought I had, but was not sure b/c she still needed to run other tests which she never told me what type of tests were being run or why. She prescribed me medicine w/out a proper diagnosis. I felt uncomfortable with taking the medicine since she prescribed it while only spending such limited amount of time with me. How does one diagnose and prescribe medicine in 5 minutes? I was disappointed and discouraged by this visit and am now left still wondering why I have chronic pain and fatigue. Do not waste your time with this doctor or her office. Your health is too important. Pain needs attention and compassion. You will not get those things with Dr. Chapman.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Dr. Cathy M. Chapman's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal