Ratings for Dr. Eric Howatt

I'd love to give Dr Howatt top marks but here is my experience. I waited 3 years for a hip replacement. I believe that I was more prepared for the surgery than most having followed the recommendations in the hip book. The surgery went well but the recovery failed. I had physio for 2 years post surgery but now, 3 years post surgery I consider the surgery a failure. Basically I'm a cripple and have to use a cane limiting the way I want to live my life. The “hip book”indicated I would be fully recovered after 3 months. I personally know dozens of people who had a hip replacement and none of them have had my result, all of them recovered and walk without limp or cane assistance.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2018

Dr. Howatt is an excellent surgeon. He is knowledgeable, compassionate, and his sense of humour is appreciated. I have seen him for a variety of knee issues over the years (including two knee replacements) and would highly recommend his services.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

i have had him for many years now and is very informative and helpful witha a caring side :)

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Have nothing but good words to say about Dr hHowatt, would recommend him to anyone Had 2 knee replacements.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Don't be thrown off by his miserable secretary who is probably the only reason he has 4 instead of 5 stars, he is a good and kind doctor. Bunion surgery patient.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Showed up an hour late. His secretary told us that he was late to work! All appointments were delayed. He knows a lot and is a good doc, but I have not been impressed with punctuality or friendliness of him or his staff.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

seen Dr. Howatt back in February of 2016 and was not impressed at all. He was 2 1/2 hours late for appointments, I heard him tell the nurse he forgot he had appointments at 8 instead of 10:30. After waiting almost 4 hours total for my appointment, I finally got in to see him. Also took 16 months to get an appointment to see him. I was in there a total of 10 minutes. I was referred to him by my family doctor following a motor vehicle accident. He did nothing but move my foot to each side and said I was fine. I gave him a disc of the MRI I had on my foot and ankle and he wouldn't even look at it. When I received his progress report that was sent to my doctor, I was fuming as he wrote down things he "said" he did but none was done so I told my doctor to NEVER send me to him again...plus I have told everyone I know not to let their doctor send them to him. Hopefully I can find someone to help me with finding answers to my painful situation seeing as no one can tell me and it's going on 3 years since my accident

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

This is the 6 month anniversary of my toe surgery and I am extremely pleased with the results. The surgery was performed within the time frame Dr. Howatt had predicted at the time of my first consult. I found him open to discussion and questions with a calm and confident manner. I would not hesitate to undergo a future orthopedic surgery by Dr. Howatt. I also found his office assistant amiable and indulgent in the face of my many questions.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

He is a very kind and friendly dr but also feel comfortable talking to him about my joints and pain i go through. He is an A1 doctor in my book :)

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Best Orthopedic surgeon around!! He did surgery on my elbow more then 30 years ago, I believe I was one of his first patients. Highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016