Ratings for Dr. Marcy Schwartzman

When my old dentist moved out of province, a new dentist took over her practice. This new dentist told me I have two cavities that needed to be filled. My boyfriend went and was told he had six. We decided to switch dentists because this was so out of the blue. We landed on Marcy due to recommendations from a dental receptionist at a specialist's office. She said everyone loves Marcy. When I asked Marcy to fill my two cavities, she said I had none. She told my boyfriend he had two cavities rather than six. We saved a lot of money switching to Marcy. The only concern I have had is with one of the hygienists who will charge you for a longer appointment if SHE talks a lot during your appointment. Everyone else is great. Marcy's fillings have been better sculpted than other dentists.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

Dr Macy Shwartzman has been a fantastic dentist to my family and I. She does an excellent job, have amazing staff who are exceptionally patient and caring which is modelled after her. I have always felt comfortable in her office as she has done a great job on my teeth which genetically need a bunch of work! The office is very nice and renovated! The hours and very convenient, evening and daytime. I am very lucky to be going to such a fantastic dentist with such great dental staff.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

After going in for a routine filling Dr Marcy Shwartzman managed to make the rookie mistake of injecting my nerve and damaging it to the extent that the right side of my tongue is numb - and will be possibly for life. She did not warn me that this could happen until after the fact. Nor did she stop injecting the minute I indicated with my hands and sounds that the injection was hurting. No she just carried on pushing that needle. Marcy Shwartzman you deserve a lawsuit for what you did! I would not recommend that ANYONE visit this dangerous dentist.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

No longer a patient of Dr Marcy as i now work in the dentistry field (which has a LOT to do with my awesome experiences with Dr Marcy growing up)BUT if i didn't work and get my treatment done at another dental office, I would certainly continue to see Dr Marcy. The hygienists were always nice and aware of my sometimes nervousness, but after the first couple cleanings Dr Marcy's office was one of my favourite places to go! As I was a child/young adult when attending the office, I can't comment on major work because I didn't need any, but working in the field of dentistry I know a lot of financial issues are stritcly due to mis-communation, so before you go posting bad reviews you should ask probing questions to gain understanding!!Thanks Dr Marcy for making my childhood at the dentist so lovely :)Katrina Cowan

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

I went to see her, when she saw I had a dental plan she seemed to get all excited. The filling she filled has cracked and fallen out 5 years later which she billed a huge amount of money for. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr. Marcy and her staff seemed friendly, patient, knowledgable, honest and professional at first. However, after a year and a half long regular dental visits I grew rather suspicious. They told me my teeth and gums had gotten worse with lots of cavities, gingivitis, tooth decay and gum disease that I must fix before it's too late. I was rather doubtful as I didn't think my teeth were THAT bad so I went to see two other dentists for a second and third opinion. Turns out that there was actually nothing wrong with my teeth nor gums. That's when I found out that all the previous painful, expensive and unnecessary dental work that I had done with Dr. Marcy was for absolutely NO reason at all.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

Absolutely would not recommend this office to anyone. Moved to BC and started going to see them only to have tens of thousands of work done on my mouth that previous dentists apparently "missed". Found out later that they have a clearly laid out employee manual that dictates how to milk patients for all their worth. Even had one of their hygienists 'accidentally' break my fixed retainer and then when I came to them to fix it they called it cosmetic and I had to pay $200 out of pocket for them to dab some glue on my tooth and hold the bar in place. My overall experience with them is bad enough that I have considered calling my health care provider to ask them to investigate the office.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

This dentist seemed friendly though she charged for a one minute look into a baby's mouth without any mention that this would be an added fee, when another dentist in the same office did the same thing with our first son for no charge. I was so surprised and bothered that there was this added charge that was not mentioned at all until we were given the bill! (We were there for another booked appointment) Also, the hygienist apparently did a fluoride treatment on my son but did not mention it to my husband. She did put a sticker on him when they were picking a toy from the box but didn't show or tell my husband and he didn't notice the sticker until later, when they were EATING DINNER! Poor communication all around.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

I went to Dr Schwartzman after having moved from my previous dentist because of my new living location (my last appointment 6 months prior was a clean bill). I had x-rays done; some of the cost had to come out of my pocket because of extra x-rays that my dental plan did not cover (would have been nice to know). The dental assistant checked my teeth and said that I had very poor teeth and gums. Dr Schwartzman joined her and they told me that I needed over $4000 in special work. I had a feeling that they were playing on my fears; telling me that if not treated my teeth would rot, etc. As my instincts told me that I was being ‘sold’ unnecessary work, I went back to my previous dentist for a second opinion. She require extra work and all that was required was a regular cleaning. In short, I was charged more than my dental plan covered and was ‘advised’ that I required unnecessary work that would have cost me a lot of money. Does this sound like a trustworthy clinic to you?

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

Hi this is Dr Marcy! Just as a follow up to the last post. My office follows for the most part the BC Dentist fee guide. This guide is provided to all BC Dentists and for the most part all dentists in BC use that pricing. We work hard to provide a quality service at a fair price. Thanks for all of the other great remarks!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2010