Ratings for Dr. Vanessa L. Jeffers

The best doctor

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Dr Jeffer's is fine when you visit her (once you wait for 2 hours in the waiting room to be seen) but don't think she will ever return your phone calls or even give you the time of day for just a 2 minute conversation over the phone. She is always "too busy seeing patients" as her incompetent and rude office staff tell you over and over again whenever you try to call. It kind of makes me think Dr. Jeffer's is hiring slave labor to run her facility because it is reflective in the performance of the receptionists. The lady named Candice is the most unprofessional of all of them; she absolutely does not care about her job and thus does not handle your requests. I will never go there again. Please look elsewhere for a doctor that gives you the respect and attention you deserve.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Well, I have to admitt, I have heard many wonderful things about Dr. Jeffers, but unfortunately I am unable to experience these thints that others have. Today took the cake when Dr. Jeffers scheduled me for an appointment on a day that her offices were closed. I have been running and chasing her to submitt paper work on my behalf for me to receive my retirement in which after she fully diagnosed me, said I was not in any condition to continue working. I am in a lot of pain suffering from five different things including Arthritis, Sciatica, a Spinal injury, dislocated disk, bone spurs that were in my knees and heel bone causing me to freeze up and I am Asthmatic. I am in an extreme amount of pain. I was sick with Astham and tried to contact her to send over a prescription for me, she never called it in nor did she call me back after leaving several messages. OMG? this dr has caused me much strife...

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

I have been with Dr. Jeffers for over 5 years. Dr. Jeffers is very helpful and knowledgable and I am happy with the care I receive. However, I can never be seen within 15 minutes of my appointment time. I have had waits of over two hours. Her staff has gotten better in terms of friendliness and knowledge but there is still room for improvement. Additionally, she doesn't have the means to accept FSAs or credit/debit cards, which is an inconvenience. As healthcare is becoming more consumer-driven, this inability could hinder her in the future.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

She is very good, but her office staff is horrible. I changed doctors because of her office staff. Then I met someone else who did the same. Its sad really, but how many more of you are out there who changed doctors because of their front office staff.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

She can be very slow in seeing you on time. She doesn't return calls timely. She needs to manage her time better. The office is too small. Hire more knowledgeable staff.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

I moved to NY from another country and she is the first doctor I went to. I have hypothyroidism and she seems to be very knowledgable and she is always very nice and takes her time. She answers all the questions and is very attentive. Yes, sometimes the wait is long and the office staff is neutral but I would definetely recommend Dr. Jeffers highly.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

I've been her patient for more than 10 years, and made sure she accepted my new insurance before I'd switch. She's friendly, thorough and very knowledgable. Also, if there's an issue, she'll put you at ease and then refer someone very competent. She's the best!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2007

Dr. Vanessa L. Jeffers's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1989)

Amerigroup