Ratings for Dr. James R. House

Waited 2 hours then PA looked at my ears. Another wait for Dr House. Dr House walked in & said ur fine & left. Very rude & absolutely the most uncaring physician I known. Never again!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

house is a total jerk....Seems to care less about his patients

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

My mother was referred to Dr. House by her ENT. She had a perforated ear drum, deteriorated inner bones and a cholesteatoma (benign cyst). Dr. House was polite on our first visit. He examined her and totally agreed with the ENT that she needed surgery as soon as possible. Her appointment was on a Wednesday and they were able to schedule her surgery for the following Tuesday. I hesitated to comment after the appointment because I had been so worried about his attitude, since I had read the reviews before we saw him. Since most of them were negative, I decided I would wait until after her surgery. I was just waiting for the sarcasm and rudeness. She had her surgery and everything went very well. I am thrilled to say, I have NO negative comments about Dr. House or his staff. They were great. He was polite and very professional. I would recommend him to anyone. Glad we had a pleasant experience.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Without question, the most insensitive, uncaring medical professional I've ever been ( mis ) treated by. Not encouraging or optimistic at all, and did nothing to help me with my problem. I understand modern medicine can't cure every ill, but for my visit to be limited to him verbally abusing his staff in front of me, and for him to suggest I had a brain tumor as he walked out the door without even looking at me, was inexplicable and inexcusable. His visit and examination of me lasted a full 10 minutes. Funny how his staff had unlimited patience when it was time to pay for his "services". I left more discouraged than ever.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

He was amazing with my son. My son loves him!He does excellent work

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

I am very surprised by all of the negative comments about Dr. House. My 10y/o daughter was referred to Dr. House after a local ENT was unable to repair a perforated ear drum after several attempts and a Dr. in Mobile didn't want to get involved. Dr. House didn't have the best bed side manner but he was not rude. He explained to me why the other doctor was unable to repair the perforation and assured me that he could fix it and he did. After my daughter's recovery she regained 70% hearing in her ear.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Took my grandson to see this doctor today, because we were referred to him by ENT doctor from Hattiesburg, MS. He is a total "A" Hole, VERY RUDE, and said there was nothing wrong with my grandson having an ear tube that is struck in his right ear. I am a 31 year retired medical nurse officer of the U.S Public Health Service and former U. S. Army officer, in all my years of my medical experience I have never encountered an "A" Hole like this MAN!!! I wouldn't refer my dog Mr. "T" to him. I was just making small talk with him and asked what year he graduated from high school since he was from Hattiesburg and I was also he replied "I actually didn't graduate from high school" and he sure acted like he didn't graduate from high school. RUDE, RUDE AND MORE RUDE!!! LCDR Cynthia D. Beard, RN, BSN, MPA

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

All I can say about this physician is WOW. My son was referred to him from out of state. He has an extensive medical history. The doctor was rude, aggressive and unwilling to answer any questions. He told us that our referral was unnecessary, then proceeded to ask what day we wanted his surgery done. Ive been a medical professional for over 16 years. I am VERY disappointed in this doctor and the staff who works with him. We will never go back to him.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

I was reffered to Dr. House by a random stranger when I heard her issues with ringing and severe dissiness. He took time to listen to my issues and gave me immediate help. Ultimately I had surgery to find out I had a small defect inside my ear. To this day I can only say thanks to the doctor and his staff. true pro's in their field

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

I never saw Dr. House. His staff are polite but resigned to saying they can do nothing for tinnitus yet their pamphlet says "in some people it can be debilitating" and "If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask us." I cannot get staff to return my call although the receptionist, who must be a trained medical person, also tells me they can do nothing for me. I very disappointed in my lack of treatment and lack of concern.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013