You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jose De Lara

Awesome Doctor, staff in his office are mediocre, there's one woman named Nadia I believe, gives a cold and condescending attitude, brings a negative vibe to the office. Dr. de Lara on the other hand is amazing, cares about your health, and acts urgently to your care.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I have had an incredibly difficult pregnancy! I have hyperemesis gravidarum. I have been hospitalized have a picc line running TPN, do to the fact that I can not eat or drink. The pregnancy has been emotionally and physically draining and if it was not for the care and support of my doctor I would not be coping as well as I am. Dr. DE Lara is kind blunt and honest. He has taken very god care of me and my baby. My concerns are always addressed and he is very encouraging. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr delara, has terrible bedside manner, I went to the hospital after being unable to dilate pass 9.5 cm for over 8 hours trying for a vaginal unmediated birth and he basically at point stated it wasnt happening, practical stated a emergency section was going to happen and as I am laying there in tears orders the nurse to get the release form. Absolutely no regard for second options or waiting longer for a vaginal birth. Rushed to the surgery and I'm in shock I am shaking uncontrollably and they rush my husband out after the baby is forced out because I'm having excessive bleeding and compilations. I feel that I was butchered by Dr delara and I hope if you have to deal with him someone on your behalf, who isn't in pain represents you and your wishes. Ps. I refused to go there for there follow up and the staff was beyond rude when I mentioned everything had been looked at and reviewed by my midwife.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

The man was professional and obviously competent.Thank you Dr Jose De Lara.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr. Delara and the staff were great! The staff was friendly all of the time, and Dr. Delara always was pleasant, and had a smile! He saw me about 6 times before my baby was born, but was not on call the weekend I delivered my baby.. which was fine.. my first doctor didn't deliver my first baby either. That is actually very common! He made the decision to have me induced early, and it all worked out fine. He was very thorough and just wanted to make sure me and baby were ok! I would go back to him again if I was to have more kids!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I am very disappointed with Dr. De Lara. I was pregnant and came to see him because I told him I was having diarrhea. I read in the Pregnancy book that it could, do be a sign of early childhood child. So I contact him, book, and appointment and told him about the sign. But he ignored it. Say just be careful of what I ate. I end up giving labour a couple days later. I went to labour early. He was not available for delivery either. Another doctor deliver my baby. Went I went back to get my son check up after he was born. The nurse say they been trying to ontact e for follow up be ause I miss my book appointment. I say I was in labour and already gave birth. The nurse staff mention she did not i was in labour. There no contact or notes that I was in labour.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

De delara has been amazing for my pregnancy and c section. I would recommend him to anyone. He is kind, compassionate and knows exactly what he is talking about. He checks everything to make sure you and baby are doing good. I wish I would have had all my babies delivered by him!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I'm surprised to read the reviews of woman who say Dr. De Lara laughed in their face when they mentioned having a natural birth to him. I cannot see that happening .. I find Dr. De Lara to be very easy going and very considerate of my emotions/concerns/any question that i have. I would like to have a natural birth and he is on board with my decision. I even mentioned eating my placenta after I give birth and he was respectful of my decision. If you're looking for a doctor who will make you feel at ease, and who doesn't use scare tactics, I highly recommend him. I have Gestational Diabetes, and I see different doctors on a weekly basis at the Royal Alex hospital and the diabetes clinic at the Sturgeon hospital, and every doctor I see (other than Dr. De Lara) stresses me out to the max. Other doctors wanted to put me on Insulin and I refused - and when I told Dr. De Lara he was perfectly okay with it. :) I always look forward to my OB appointments. Also, I've never waited more than an 1.5 hours to see him because i always call ahead. If you don't like waiting I would recommend calling :).

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. DeLara is a terrible doctor. Very rude and very disrespectful. Starting off, one of the nurses ripped my medical file out of my hands without saying a word, then Dr. DeLara has the nerve to tell me I have to ask to read my own file, umm, I don't think so. I know my rights and I can read my own info. He did not go over any of my results with me as in blood work, ultrasounds. Never asked how I was doing or feeling or if I had an concerns. He made me feel like a piece of trash. Told me to read a 20 page info on risks of induction and why he doesn't want to do one. Even tho my first two babies were in fetal destress, not breathing and one was forceps and other was vacumn with broken clavicle. So rt there I knew he was a csection doctor. Just out for money. He also had the breve to tell me after he printed off the 20 pages that he was going to charge me for the 20 papers. Heck, he didn't even ask about the 20 papers. He's so rude and down right disquieting and unprofessional. I will never see him again ever!!

Submitted July 28, 2015

We had the aweful experience of having this Dr deliver our third baby. Our regular Dr was on holidays, so we got Dr Delara. We explained our previous two births to him and that in both situations I required early epidural, as my labour comes on very hard and I can't relax enough to dialate. In my first pregnancy, contractions went on a minute apart for over 12 hours and I ended up scraping my toe nails off on the shower floor. Epidural, boom, baby. Second baby, started the same, epidural, done. When telling this Dr this, after he stopped us in the middle of the hallway to tell us he doesn't do early epidural, he stated he doesn't practice emotional medicine, didn't care about my history and wasn't in the business of making people happy. To say these things in the hallway was appauling. For some reason he changed his mind later(called the nurse). Epidural, baby. When he came to deliver he was good, but it was tough not to say I told you so to him- the nurses sure wanted us to. It was pretty obvious to us the nurses don't respect this man. Unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Jose De Lara's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome Doctor, staff in his office are mediocre, there's one woman named Nadia I believe, gives a cold and condescending attitude, brings a negative vibe to th..."

May 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had an incredibly difficult pregnancy! I have hyperemesis gravidarum. I have been hospitalized have a picc line running TPN, do to the fact that I can no..."

February 19, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr delara, has terrible bedside manner, I went to the hospital after being unable to dilate pass 9.5 cm for over 8 hours trying for a vaginal unmediated birth a..."

February 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The man was professional and obviously competent.Thank you Dr Jose De Lara. "

January 12, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Delara and the staff were great! The staff was friendly all of the time, and Dr. Delara always was pleasant, and had a smile! He saw me about 6 times before..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am very disappointed with Dr. De Lara. I was pregnant and came to see him because I told him I was having diarrhea. I read in the Pregnancy book that it cou..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "De delara has been amazing for my pregnancy and c section. I would recommend him to anyone. He is kind, compassionate and knows exactly what he is talking about..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I'm surprised to read the reviews of woman who say Dr. De Lara laughed in their face when they mentioned having a natural birth to him. I cannot see that happe..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. DeLara is a terrible doctor. Very rude and very disrespectful. Starting off, one of the nurses ripped my medical file out of my hands without saying a word,..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "We had the aweful experience of having this Dr deliver our third baby. Our regular Dr was on holidays, so we got Dr Delara. We explained our previous two births..."

July 24, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://spanishedmonton.com" to "http://www.iree.org/". Postal Code has been updated from "T8N0" to "42853". Address has been updated from "None" to "42 Schützenstraße". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "492191421531".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "If you have 2.5 hours to wait in an office that is the size of a matchbook, this is the place for you. I find him very unprofessional, his staff is rude. He ha..."

May 20, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr D is an amazing person and an experienced Obgyn. I am on my third pregnancy with him and we love that he takes precaution with every little issue that I have..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Most of the staff was great ladies in the front were fantastic. Wait time was awful sometimes. Was just treated as a number. I turned my own baby after a long ..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. De Lara was the doctor on call when I had my son. I was induced 2 times before my water broke. Although standard procedure is that baby should be out within..."

April 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. De Lara delivered my baby boy emergency c section he was very comforting seeing as I only Got to meet him 5 mins before the surgery. Over the next few days..."

April 4, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "worth the wait! he is usually behind, but that is okay because I know it is because he runs across the street to deliver babies all day! could do it without hi..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a positive experience with him with my first born. Now that I am pregnant I considered going with another dr due to the crowded, stressful nature of his w..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Very friendly and comforting. Can rush patients questions and concerns."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. De Lara was wonderful. Always took time to answer questions and explain things. Although you knew he was busy, he took time for you. He was also very courte..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr De Lara is a very knowledgable and caring doctor. It was a pleasure to consult with him during the weeks leading up to my delivery.. Only had to wait a few t..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr DeLara is a very caring and compassionate doctor. Despite his very busy schedule, which is apparent by the wait time in his waiting room, he always took the ..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Very difficult doctor to get in and see. He books multiple patients at the same time and has no plan for rescheduling patients when he has to leave for deliver..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "If you are wanting a natural birth or a VBAC this is not the doctor for you! Prepare to be laughed at, talked down to and unable to make your own decisions. Als..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. DeLara has delivered both of my babies. He is professional, yet funny and warm. He has helped me make educated decisions in both of my pregnancies, and been..."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Delara is a fantastic doctor. He is always awesome with me & has a very good natured sense of humor. Had some good laughs that's 4 sure. He answered all my q..."

September 13, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "As soon as I entered the waiting room all I could feel was negativity. The staff was so grouchy and acted like I was inconveniencing them just by being there. I..."

September 11, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Delara is amazing! He was always so kind and always helpful in answering my questions. He was also supportive of my vbac, he was amazing during my labor de..."

September 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor! Did a very excellent job at my obgyn appointments. Very helpful with my post partum depression as well."

September 3, 2014