Ratings for Dr. Jose De Lara

The birth of your child is intended to be the best moment, though if you are rushed into a emergency C-section everything becomes a blur, especially if you are in such condition that they must put you under during the procedure. Therefore you put trust in those that are caring for you and your child. Dr Delara failed to inform me after the surgery that I required blood transfusions, that I had several complications, and the write the correct TIME OF BIRTH of my child. I have no idea what the correct time is due to have a photo my husband took with our child that is before the time of birth stated on the information provided to us. I am in the process of making a request to access my Health Information through the Netcare EHR, so hopefully the exact time my child was born was written down but who knows? It is an awful feeling not knowing what time your child was born at. If you have time and options, explore them with different doctors. I would not recommend Dr. De Lara to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I was referred to Dr De Lara at about 30 weeks in my pregnancy. I found the office quite busy during the afternoon hours and his waiting room is quite small and crowded. Honestly I didn't mind waiting as I know he runs over to the hospital to deliver babies frequently and soon that could be me. The staff in the office can be cold, but once I had been there a few times they warmed up. Dr De Lara was great the 4 times I seen him at the office. Very informative and reassuring (I was scared with it being my first pregnancy). My appointments were often quick but I did not mind that. On my last appointment at his office, my water broke in his office. He was quick to explain what my next steps were and what was going to happen - that I had 18 hours to go into labour before he was going to induce me. Being the long weekend he was not on call till Saturday night ( and I would be under the care of the Doctor on call at the time) - I waited in the hospital trying to get induced until Dr De Lara came on shift Saturday evening. Finally he was the one who got the ball rolling. I ended up having a c section seeing as my water broke and the risk of infection at this point was extremely high and my cervix just wouldn't dilate despite being induced. I was very scared and nervous through the whole thing and Dr De Lara was very comforting and tried to shed some humour on the situation - definitely made me feel better My incision is small and I am very impressed with how everything turned out even if I ended up having a c section. I will definitely be returning to him when I have another baby.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I was referred to Dr De Lara for my first pregnancy and was left filled with regret. My baby was large (around 8 lbs at my 35 week US) and I had too much amniotic fluid so he basically told me he was inducing me at 39 weeks. He didn't ask, just told me this is how it was because if he didn't and I went into labour naturally and my water broke before I got to the hospital my cord was at risk of prolapsing and killing my baby. There was no discussion of actual risk, what the odds of this happening were, how many women's water actually breaks before they're admitted. No time for a real discussion or questions. He scheduled my induction while he was on vacation, so basically all he ever did for me was measure my belly every few weeks... Why could my GP (who I love) not have done this if whoever happened to be at the hospital was going to deliver my baby anyway? The induction made my labour so painful I couldn't breathe when contractions hit and and my whole body would lock up. I was screaming for the epidural within 30 mintes, and I consider myself to have a fairly high pain tolerance. After 24 hours of labour, 4 hours of which here pushing, I was told I needed a c-section, which was devastating because I had told him explicitly I wanted to avoid this at nearly any cost. I truly feel if my body had been given the time to prepare itself to go into labour on it's own I would have been able to deliver my baby the way I wanted. Yes, she was big, but I am also tall and have good size hips, she was not too large for my body to handle. My c section was also a disaster (not De Lara's fault since he wasn't there) but the epidural wore off after my baby was pulled out and despite me screaming in pain the anesthetist seemed unphased and didn't look up from his news paper. When the Dr asked if he could give me something since I was suffering so badly he said it would make me loopy and I wouldn't remember anything. That's a great comment to make to someone who was already going into shock. Basically, my first birth was one of the most physically and emotionally traumatic events of my life, I'm terrified to get pregnant again, and it's all because Dr De Lara couldn't be bothered to take 10 extra minutes to have a real conversation with me or personally assess my risks. Oh and all the stuff others have said about waiting 2-3 hours for appointments is true, and when he's called out for a delivery they don't call you to tell you he's gone. You just show up and they tell you to leave.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Awesome Doctor, staff in his office are mediocre, there's one woman named Nadia I believe, gives a cold and condescending attitude, brings a negative vibe to the office. Dr. de Lara on the other hand is amazing, cares about your health, and acts urgently to your care.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I have had an incredibly difficult pregnancy! I have hyperemesis gravidarum. I have been hospitalized have a picc line running TPN, do to the fact that I can not eat or drink. The pregnancy has been emotionally and physically draining and if it was not for the care and support of my doctor I would not be coping as well as I am. Dr. DE Lara is kind blunt and honest. He has taken very god care of me and my baby. My concerns are always addressed and he is very encouraging. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr delara, has terrible bedside manner, I went to the hospital after being unable to dilate pass 9.5 cm for over 8 hours trying for a vaginal unmediated birth and he basically at point stated it wasnt happening, practical stated a emergency section was going to happen and as I am laying there in tears orders the nurse to get the release form. Absolutely no regard for second options or waiting longer for a vaginal birth. Rushed to the surgery and I'm in shock I am shaking uncontrollably and they rush my husband out after the baby is forced out because I'm having excessive bleeding and compilations. I feel that I was butchered by Dr delara and I hope if you have to deal with him someone on your behalf, who isn't in pain represents you and your wishes. Ps. I refused to go there for there follow up and the staff was beyond rude when I mentioned everything had been looked at and reviewed by my midwife.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

The man was professional and obviously competent.Thank you Dr Jose De Lara.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr. Delara and the staff were great! The staff was friendly all of the time, and Dr. Delara always was pleasant, and had a smile! He saw me about 6 times before my baby was born, but was not on call the weekend I delivered my baby.. which was fine.. my first doctor didn't deliver my first baby either. That is actually very common! He made the decision to have me induced early, and it all worked out fine. He was very thorough and just wanted to make sure me and baby were ok! I would go back to him again if I was to have more kids!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I am very disappointed with Dr. De Lara. I was pregnant and came to see him because I told him I was having diarrhea. I read in the Pregnancy book that it could, do be a sign of early childhood child. So I contact him, book, and appointment and told him about the sign. But he ignored it. Say just be careful of what I ate. I end up giving labour a couple days later. I went to labour early. He was not available for delivery either. Another doctor deliver my baby. Went I went back to get my son check up after he was born. The nurse say they been trying to ontact e for follow up be ause I miss my book appointment. I say I was in labour and already gave birth. The nurse staff mention she did not i was in labour. There no contact or notes that I was in labour.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

De delara has been amazing for my pregnancy and c section. I would recommend him to anyone. He is kind, compassionate and knows exactly what he is talking about. He checks everything to make sure you and baby are doing good. I wish I would have had all my babies delivered by him!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015