You may also like

Rate Dr. Jose De Lara

Dr. Jose De Lara's Ratings

I'm surprised to read the reviews of woman who say Dr. De Lara laughed in their face when they mentioned having a natural birth to him. I cannot see that happening .. I find Dr. De Lara to be very easy going and very considerate of my emotions/concerns/any question that i have.
I would like to have a natural birth and he is on board with my decision. I even mentioned eating my placenta after I give birth and he was respectful of my decision.
If you're looking for a doctor who will make you feel at ease, and who doesn't use scare tactics, I highly recommend him. I have Gestational Diabetes, and I see different doctors on a weekly basis at the Royal Alex hospital and the diabetes clinic at the Sturgeon hospital, and every doctor I see (other than Dr. De Lara) stresses me out to the max. Other doctors wanted to put me on Insulin and I refused - and when I told Dr. De Lara he was perfectly okay with it. :) I always look forward to my OB appointments. Also, I've never waited more than an 1.5 hours to see him because i always call ahead. If you don't like waiting I would recommend calling :).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2892580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2015

Dr. DeLara is a terrible doctor. Very rude and very disrespectful. Starting off, one of the nurses ripped my medical file out of my hands without saying a word, then Dr. DeLara has the nerve to tell me I have to ask to read my own file, umm, I don't think so. I know my rights and I can read my own info. He did not go over any of my results with me as in blood work, ultrasounds. Never asked how I was doing or feeling or if I had an concerns. He made me feel like a piece of trash. Told me to read a 20 page info on risks of induction and why he doesn't want to do one. Even tho my first two babies were in fetal destress, not breathing and one was forceps and other was vacumn with broken clavicle. So rt there I knew he was a csection doctor. Just out for money. He also had the breve to tell me after he printed off the 20 pages that he was going to charge me for the 20 papers. Heck, he didn't even ask about the 20 papers. He's so rude and down right disquieting and unprofessional. I will never see him again ever!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2879486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

We had the aweful experience of having this Dr deliver our third baby. Our regular Dr was on holidays, so we got Dr Delara. We explained our previous two births to him and that in both situations I required early epidural, as my labour comes on very hard and I can't relax enough to dialate. In my first pregnancy, contractions went on a minute apart for over 12 hours and I ended up scraping my toe nails off on the shower floor. Epidural, boom, baby. Second baby, started the same, epidural, done. When telling this Dr this, after he stopped us in the middle of the hallway to tell us he doesn't do early epidural, he stated he doesn't practice emotional medicine, didn't care about my history and wasn't in the business of making people happy. To say these things in the hallway was appauling. For some reason he changed his mind later(called the nurse). Epidural, baby. When he came to deliver he was good, but it was tough not to say I told you so to him- the nurses sure wanted us to. It was pretty obvious to us the nurses don't respect this man. Unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2876295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

If you have 2.5 hours to wait in an office that is the size of a matchbook, this is the place for you. I find him very unprofessional, his staff is rude. He has no respect for people's time. A big part ofe thinks he has it out for me. I hope you all have a better experience than me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2812818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr D is an amazing person and an experienced Obgyn. I am on my third pregnancy with him and we love that he takes precaution with every little issue that I have- he never hesitates to send me for an ultrasound or give an antibiotic because he doesn't take risks. Very smart man- and a father himself. He gets it.
He is efficient and empathetic during the time of birth- he just becomes very patient and listens more than he talks which I love! I have always felt very comforted by him and had beautiful experiences as a result of his skill and personality.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2805007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Most of the staff was great ladies in the front were fantastic. Wait time was awful sometimes. Was just treated as a number. I turned my own baby after a long period of ultrasounds and stress.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2794057].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. De Lara was the doctor on call when I had my son. I was induced 2 times before my water broke. Although standard procedure is that baby should be out within 24 hours to prevent infection, for some reason Dr. De Lara made me wait for over 30 hours before he even came to check on me. At that point, I had a fever, and infection had set in. My son was in danger at this point, with possible infection, and his heart rate started increasing, resulting in an emergency c-section. The operating room was a revolving door, with the doctor performing one c-section after another, apparently this is his preferred method of delivering babies. Because I was induced 3 times, and made to wait so long before anything was done, a lot of blood had collected in my uterus, which caused me to haemorrhage very badly during surgery. I was left very pale, weak, and completely unable to care for my newborn son. My red blood cell count was dangerously low, but for some reason, the doctor decided to not give me a blood transfusion. Even though I had a very difficult and traumatic delivery, I was discharged 2 days later (although I was still extremely weak and could not even walk down the hall without holding on to the support railing). One week later, I was in the emergency room due to extreme fatigue and dizziness due to lack of blood. All of this while trying to take care of a newborn. Terrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2774228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Dr. De Lara delivered my baby boy emergency c section he was very comforting seeing as I only
Got to meet him 5 mins before the surgery. Over the next few days he checked up on me and made sure all my
Questions were answered! An amazing caring doctor and did a great job with the incision no infection and healing great!! My advice to other woman who have c sections keep it taped with paper tape for 6 months helps reduce scaring--advice
From a surgeon. Highly reccomend this doctor

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2766829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

worth the wait! he is usually behind, but that is okay because I know it is because he runs across the street to deliver babies all day! could do it without him

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2765170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I had a positive experience with him with my first born. Now that I am pregnant I considered going with another dr due to the crowded, stressful nature of his waiting room. But I have decided to go back to him because a really good dr is worth dealing with that. This time around I will be calling ahead before leaving for an appointment though. My only issue was the crowded room to wait in for sometimes 2 or 3 hours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2716741].votes_count ]]