Ratings for Dr. Jose De Lara

I will put it this way He was my OB during and after labour he NEVER SHOW UP my mother and husband saw him at the hospital that morning nad he never come by. To see my or baby he discharged me I went home. And NEVER saw him. Is your life, your baby but I won't go back to him ever. He spend low time with patients. Didn't like this guy at all.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Love this doctor , he is busy but he cares for his patients and takes time to call you himself if you have complications

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

After finding out we were expecting number 3 I was cautious to use a new Dr, but read all the positive (and negative) reviews and it eased my mind. Anyone who's had children before should know you can wait long for any Dr, not just him. I learnt quick to book my appts early in the morning, now we're in and out in half an hr. Staff is amazing and even take the time to listen to my older chatter box children. Only unfortunate thing is Dr. De Lara wont be delivering my baby as hes away over the month I deliver, but I trust I'm in good hands with his fill in Dr.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I've used Dr De Lara for two pregnancies now. He has a very good bedside manner and seems quite knowledgeable. He also has a good sense of humour. BUT.... He books patients every 5 minutes. As a result you always have to wait to see him (shortest wait time was about 30 min, longest was nearly 2 hrs...). The wait room is small and always has a loud tv going. This chronic lateness is very frustrating, as it is disrespectful of a patients' time. Emergencies are one matter, but only allowing 5 min per patient? It means that patients will always have to wait for an unknown quantity of time, and not everyone has a job or babysitters who are understanding. I also question how healthy it is for the doctor's work-life balance and ability to spot issues of concern when they are going 150% full capacity every day, all day. Dr De Lara is a good doctor, but could be a great one if he allowed more time to see patients in a day, even if this meant he looked after fewer patients overall. I am strongly considering finding a different doctor who values a patient's time for any future pregnancies I may have.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. De Lara was our OBGYN through our first pregnancy, and we would have no issues using him again. He was not on call as we went into labor three days overdue, so unfortunately, he did not get to deliver our baby. Some reviews on here regarding him are quite comical, HE DELIVERS BABIES people, apologies that he cannot make your 10:00AM appointment every time when he's at the Sturgeon delivering someone else's child. Perhaps you will change your tune when he's running out of the office to deliver yours. Dr. De Lara was very professional, compassionate, and knowledgable. My husband and I usually had several questions during appointments which he answered at length. He had great bed side manner and was very honest about any procedures or the like. Staff are very helpful and people who complain about them must not realize how busy they are, trying to juggle a full patient load. I believe they have been with him for quite some time, so their retention really speaks for itself. The concerns regarding the waiting room are warranted, it is a bit small and does overcrowd if he has to step out. Wasn't that big of an issue for us. Thanks, Dr. De Lara!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Super happy with Dr De Lara, he delivered my daughter when my OB was away and I requested him for my second... he is always straight to the point and even when hes super busy he answers all my questions.... always concerned about my wellbeing and babes..... I would recommend him to any mom to be

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr. De Lara is wonderful. He is so kind, knowledgable and helpful. As you get further along in your pregnancy he gets super excited for you and cares for you on a personal level. Staff is great too! When I had my baby I was sad to leave.. will be going back with my next pregnancy!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Staff is all amazing & friendly! Punctuality is standard when it comes to seeing an OB. Dr. De Lara himself is amazing. He was always straight to the point & made sure to answer any questions I had. He went above & beyond when there were signs of growth issues with my little one! He made sure I was well Cared for! I highly highly recommend him as an OB

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

Most punctual, never a long wait with the one time he was called away for a c section even then the staff said to go have lunch and by the time I was done Dr De Lara was back and prompt. Only downside is that you have to be clear and repetitive about needing blood work because he thrice neglected to do what he said he would. Otherwise has a cheerful demeanor and a pretty good sense of humour.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Horrible no parking for the patients, sometimes I didn't found where to park with my big belly. The room is super small and always lots of people. I hate every single apoiment I had with him. After all he didn't do to much tuck 2 minuts of his time and that was all. I won't come back to him. :( I was sad and frustrated about him

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017