Ratings for Dr. Daniel Birch

It has been 8 years since Dr. Birch did my gastric bypass surgery. I have been able to maintain my 250 pound weight loss and I cannot thank Dr. Birch and his team for giving me back my life. It was not easy to follow the requirements that they set once you finally get in the program but the requirements are there for a reason. Dr. Birch and his team explain what you need to do and why. It is a must that you follow their direction to succeed. The surgery is a relatively "small" part of the weight loss journey and the rest is up to you. Dr. Birch and his team are there to support and encourage you. Once the surgery was done I had a few complications, nothing to do with the actual surgery though and Dr. Birch and his team were always there for me immediately whenever I needed help. I would highly recommend Dr. Birch and his team if you are serious and dedicated to losing a large amount of weight with medical supervision.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

I do not want to change Drs but I have been waiting for 3 yrs for surgery actually 4 years as it takes 1 year to complete Weight Wise Modules, and I still have no call. It is very frustrating.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. Birch is a very qualified and experienced surgeon. He may take longer to get to see but he is worth the wait. BE ADVISED though. You have to do the work. Dr. Birch can't do it for you. You have to actually change your entire relationship with food. If you don't you will fail and the failure will be yours, not the doctors.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Outstanding and compassionate too boot !!! Highly endorse

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

3 weeks out of surgery, lost 21 pounds!! Great surgeon, awesome staff, nurses at time of surgery were amazing! Dr. Birch answered any questions I had at my follow up visit. Truly thankful for this wonderful Doctor!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr Birch and his staff were awesome. I'm in the process of having my Lapband removed and they've been so helpful and informative. It took a long time to see him but it was worth the wait!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Birch is an excellent surgeon and the staff at the Royal Alex hospital where amazing. I didn't remember much from the procedure and had a question. Dr. Birch was in the recovery room so the nurse called him over to my bed. I asked my question, the response I received was "I don't normally talk to patients, your doctor will have my report in a few days. "

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I had a colon resection due to cancer performed by dr Birch.He was very proffesional pre and post op surgury went perfect and i was released from hospital days early.I would recomend him to anyone

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Dr. Birch is a top notch surgeon and I would recommend him. He answers your questions and has excellent manners when handling his patients.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. Daniel Birch's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "It has been 8 years since Dr. Birch did my gastric bypass surgery. I have been able to maintain my 250 pound weight loss and I cannot thank Dr. Birch and his te..."

May 29, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I do not want to change Drs but I have been waiting for 3 yrs for surgery actually 4 years as it takes 1 year to complete Weight Wise Modules, and I still have ..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Birch is a very qualified and experienced surgeon. He may take longer to get to see but he is worth the wait. BE ADVISED though. You have to do the wor..."

November 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Outstanding and compassionate too boot !!! Highly endorse "

November 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "3 weeks out of surgery, lost 21 pounds!! Great surgeon, awesome staff, nurses at time of surgery were amazing! Dr. Birch answered any questions I had at my fo..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr birch did my RNY and was awesome. He is very caring - busy, extremely busy so his schedule gets behind but awesome surgeon! "

September 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Birch and his staff were awesome. I'm in the process of having my Lapband removed and they've been so helpful and informative. It took a long time to see him..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Birch is an excellent surgeon and the staff at the Royal Alex hospital where amazing. I didn't remember much from the procedure and had a question. Dr. Bi..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a colon resection due to cancer performed by dr Birch.He was very proffesional pre and post op surgury went perfect and i was released from hospital days..."

April 6, 2015
  • Specialty changed from "Internist / Geriatrician" to "Bariatric / Weight Loss"

January 24, 2014