Ratings for Dr. Lee Whitaker

The Orange Beach location of American Family Care is responsible for one of the worst health care provider experiences that I have ever had. While on vacation, my daughter developed a strange rash-like condition. I bought her to their offices where she saw Lee Whitaker. He was absolutely baffled by what he saw. He had no idea what he was looking at and was very indecisive about how next to proceed. Finally, he decided that she had herpes! And, that he needed to take a sample of the pus from her rash. He then left and never returned to the room. The nurse then took a sample from my daughter and presumably sent it to the lab. I say presumably, because over a week and eight phone calls later, I was finally told that the test were "inconclusive." My daughter was given a prescription from amoxicillin. Amazingly, few days later a real doctor diagnosed it immediately. After all this, they are double billing me for the visit. Didn't take them a week to get the double-bill to me.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

Dr. Lee Whitaker's Credentials

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1990)