Ratings for Dr. Fred Hesch

Fred Hesch was my primary mental health provider for many years, as I attempted to navigate life with a family & personal history of mental illness & related ongoing family & personal issues. While I had friends & family to confide in & share life's challenges & joys with, Fred remained a steady, unwavering compass that I could rely on no matter what other elements of life might become cloudy, obscured, or nearly insurmountable. Through his guidance & support I learned countless ways of coping, calming, encouraging, & strengthening myself, & am convinced that I would not have come to know those things otherwise. I learned how to find my own personal resources in myriad ways, & that mental illness is just that for me: an illness, that can & probably will resurface throughout my life, but can be dealt with, put into remission, does not diminish my overall inner strength, nor is something to be ashamed of. And all these things taught, humbly yet knowledgeably & confidently, not lectured.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

Mr. Hesch was my counsellor for many years, and had a huge positive impact on my life. I learned many coping mechanisms, and had a nonjudgemental,supportive yet objective viewpoint always as near as the telephone. Through traumatic events, daily anxieties, drastic ups and downs, I learned ways of dealing with so many things that I many never have without Fred's help, such as what sorts of things I do and do not have control over or responsibility for, and foremost that mental illness does NOT mean one is crazy! I finally found the strength to take control of my life and make extreme changes, and I am now happier than ever in my life; I don't believe that would have been possible without Mr. Hesch's impact. There was a level of professional trust there that, having now relocated, I scarcely expect to find again in a counselor. I cannot possibly recommend this practitioner strongly enough.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Fred is a greedy crook who only cares about selling products and services and he knows nothing of behavioral health.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010