Ratings for Dr. Terry Abel

My daughter was very anxious about having her wisdom teeth removed - she is frightened of needles. Dr. Abel put her mind at ease, explaining the procedure to her . Denise and Dhyan , as well as Dr. Abel, were so helpful at putting her mind at ease, and talking her through the IV insertion. When my daughter came to she said 'is that all?' She honestly thought it had taken only 5 minutes! There were no complications and she came out of it wondering just why she was so nervous beforehand. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Dr. Abel, and will continue to do so in the future. All of the staff are very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I did not meet Dr. Terry Abel personally on the visit with my kids but met both hygienists. My son had an excellent hygienist, Denise was professional and courteous and talked to my son about the benefits of tooth care and was very reassuring and helpful. My daughter (19yr) with a big fear of dentists did not feel comfortable with her hygienist as she was quite rough. The reception staff was split, one girl was excellent the other girl was very surly and not warm. We will continue to go and see if our daughter has a better experience the next time. A good friend recommended this dentist and I trust her judgement completely. I can deal with a surly receptionist from time to time, the main goal is the health of my kids teeth and that they are comfortable.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr Abel's office is extremely efficient. Appointments have always been punctual and on time . Procedures and work are fully explained. I am very pleased and fortunate to be a patient of Dr Abel and his staff

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Have almost 60 years life experience, and have lived / worked in all provinces and territories except the Yukon and Nunavut, and have sat in dentist's chairs in nearly a of these :( Dr. Able has been my dentist now for 6 years and I am happy to ate him as the best dentist i've ever had! He, his clinicians, and support staff provide caring and effective dental health services and I fully recommend Dr. Abel's treatment whether minor or major.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Outstanding staff and quality of work. The whole team makes you feel comfortable and at ease.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Like Tina Turner once said , SIMPLY THE BEST........

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

If you have any kind of Dentist Phobia then Dr. Abel is the guy to see. He is so understanding, funny,sweet and professional. You can tell all his staff love to work there I am sure because of him. I get panic attacks and he was able to prescribe some medication to take prior to my appointment which made going to the dentist bearable.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr. Abel is the best dentist I have had in 44 years. He listens to his patients and will accommodate needs/wants as best he can. Dr. Abel's staff in my opinion are very friendly and knowledgeable. I was blessed the day my friend suggested I try her dentist. I have always had a strong fear of any dental procedure and Dr. Abel has always taken the time to walk me through the procedure there are never any surprises. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Able and his staff to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Some one does not stay with the same dentist/doctor/pharmacist for over 17 years if they were not happy. I have found Dr.Abel to be knowledgable (he managed to take off my wisdom tooth stuck to my skull -where other dentists had told me that they will have me go to hospital for the procedure ! ). I know every one is not perfect but find it unfair to undermine the dentist when the reception is having a hard time (probably due to another patient ) I have always found Dr.Abel's office proffesional, and a happy place

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I started seeing Dr Abel when my kids were old enough to start going to the dentist - my dentist at the time (a wonderful dentist, Dr Guy) wasn't taking children anymore as he planned to retire. I'd ended up at Dr Abel's with an emergency filling a couple of years prior so when Dr Guy suggested taking the kids to him I gave it a try. Prior to Dr Guy I had had HORRIBLE dental experiences my entire life (especially as a kid when they refused to believe I wasn't frozen). I am terrified of that damn chair. However, Dr Guy was able to reassure me and when I went to Dr Abel I was amazed to find another dentist that would listen to me. He is gentle, he handles my panic attacks and nerves very well, as do the Dental Assistants. My children LOOK FORWARD to their appointments with EXCITEMENT! They want to go to the dentist! Dr Abel and his staff are patient, and knowledgeable and are constantly upgrading their skills. I highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014