Ratings for Dr. Gayle V. Skinner

Awesome Doctor! Dr Skinner took good care of me & was very informative.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

As a new patient, I was very impressed with Dr. Skinner and her staff. I was greeted and processed without waiting; had a 15 min wait prior the exam room. The nurse took routine vitals and within 10 mins Dr. Skinner came in for an overall health review. I found her to be very personable and professional. She asked all the right questions and I was very comfortable during the exam; she may me feel very relaxed compared to my old doctor of 20+ years. She informative and made sure I understood the process and when results would be available. Her nurse was also excellent. I would recommend Dr. Skinner to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

I saw Dr. Skinner at my first OB appointment after going through a round of IVF. We had already had an ultrasound which showed we were pregnant with twins. I noted it in my paperwork, told the staff at the front desk and it was clearly noted three times on my ultrasound/lab work that I had brought in. First she tried to guilt me into a couple tests that I was missing paperwork for, though I had already had them done an knew insurance would not cover again. Then while we were speaking (before exam) she seemed not pay any attention to my questions or responses. And the final nail in the coffin was when she finished up my ultrasound after only taking scans of one baby. Through my tears I asked about the welfare of the other baby, and she was shocked there were twins. Though it was noted on the paperwork in her hands!! After a couple seconds she was able to find the other baby's heartbeat and rather coolly said, "oh yeah, I guess its okay." Put pics in her pocket and left. I switched drs.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

Dr. Skinner was one of the most professional doctor's I've had the pleasure of being served. Her bedside manner treatment was also superb in the delivery of our child. "I highly recommend!"

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

This was my second meeting with Dr.Skinner. I found her to be very polite, patient and knowledgeable. She listened to my concerns and followed up with tests and future visits. I will definitely keep seeing her in future.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I will NOT go back to her. She's very cold and standoffish with her patients. She doesn't treat you as an individual or a person with feelings. She came in, asked me questions, didn't even acknowledge what I told her and looked at me as if I was speaking another language. She then told me some facts about my case without blinking once or showing any concern for what I must be feeling. I suppose there are some people out there who want and maybe even like matter-of-fact and to-the-point doctors, but I am not one of those people. I want a doctor who cares and understands and treats patients like another fellow human being and gives them choices in their health care. And doesn't tell them what HAS to be done and doesn't even offer other possible choices. Needless to say, after the appointment with her I was very upset and depressed about my situation and wanted to just bawl. I've read other reviewers who thought the same thing about this doctor as well.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Don't go to this clinic! I had a hell of time with billing issues afterwards. Their billing was taken care of by an agent called the "Quest Diagnostics". They won't process your insurance information for the bill (Although I filled out all my insurance information at the desk). Later I followed the instruction to go to the website to fill out my information. Still no use, they would still send the bills to me. And the bills were very confusing, I got a couple bills for very similar items. Why didn't they combine them into one simple to read bill? I needed to fill out the forms twice and mail them back my insurance information. What's the point to ask my insurance info if they were not gonna process it? Plus, I was charged for tissue tests that I was not informed with. I would probably have OKed it if I were. Still, I'd like to know. The overall experience was very unprofessional. I will change a doctor definitely.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

Dr. Gayle V. Skinner's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Workers Comp