Ratings for Dr. Heather D. Rupe

Dr Rupe is an wonderful doctor. She is very kind, understanding and knowledgeable!!! Her book, The pregnancy companion, was very very helpful and answered many of my questions. Her staff is also very friendly and helpful. I would send any of my friends/family to her any time!!!! Outstanding physician!!!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

It was suggested that I have surgery for endometriosis. I was told that "due to my great insurance" I'd "only have to pay $300." However, I recently got a bill in the mail for 4x's that from the hospital where the surgery was performed. My so called health "care" provider's office never explicitly conveyed that I would end up having multiple bills nor did they communicate that it would skyrocket to over 4x's the amount they told me. I trusted them. To make matters worse, when I confronted them, they said that they were sure they did tell me but I just didn't understand! I understand dollars and cents and had they told me that the quoted amount would likely quadruple I would not of had the procedure done. Then, they said it was the hospitals fault who in turn said it was the Dr's fault. No one explicitly told me that my costs would sky rocket beyond the cost quoted. In the end, I was left with a huge bill and a termination letter from the doctor for holding them accountable.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

Dr. Heather D. Rupe's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 2001)

• BCBS Illinois