Ratings for Dr. Brien Whalen

Great doctor.. He's honest and straight to the point. He's also not bi polar you just needs to slow him down.... Once he get to know you as your family doctor then he's the best... If your looking for Hugs and kisses then find another doctor or counsellar

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Great Doctor very helpful and caring glad I went to see him ..

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I took my 10 year old niece who was visiting from Toronto after she had her finger caught in a car door. Dr Whalen insisted it would heal on it's on and that the pocket of blood that had grown on her finger did not need to be drained. He was unprofessional wearing jeans and a ripped tshirt and had terrible bedside manner. We went back the next day to the same clinic and saw a female doctor who said Dr Whalen was mistaken and that the blood blister did indeed need to be drained. Would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Dr. Whalen is the best! He is super helpful and genuinely cares about his patients.

Submitted November 29, 2016

Dr. Whalen has been my family doctor for 16 years. He is the absolute best! He knows his stuff and is very caring. Dr. Whalen is all about the patient. You can say anything to Dr. Whalen and be yourself. He's loud and funny and I wouldn't trade him for anything. The world would be a better place with more Dr. Whalen's!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

He is beyond knowledgeable, visits are quick and succinct and he's usually punctual. His 'bedside manner' might be somewhat unprofessional, but he doesn't coddle difficult patients or spare you from a proper diagnosis.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

Took my daughter into the walk in clinic today as our family Dr is away. When I heard him talking from the hall I wasn't sure what to expect. He came in to the room and I was shocked that he looked so casual. He was knowledgeable and my daughter loved him. I think he has one of those personalities that you either love or hate. I liked that he was down to earth and not stuffy like alot of doctors

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

His mannerisms and 'bedside manner' might put off some people, but he's attentive, is eminently knowledgeable and is ready to get you going on the path to recovery quickly. Despite me having an arrangement of absolutely bizarre one-off medical incidents, he's done so much to get my issues corrected and keep up on the chronic issues I do have. May not be the best doctor for those who need their doctor to prod at them in order for them to actually give the doctor any info on symptoms or what-have-you, but if you come in and put it all on the table quickly, he'll get you want you need to get better and have you out the door in a hurry. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I was not impressed. He seems to be a know- it-all. Would not listen to what I had to say regarding my history with bronchitis telling me I did not have bronchitis and I know you the symptoms well as I get bronchitis quite often. Would not go back if he is on duty.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

He a getting used to person. I am56 years old. My wife calls him a pill pusher, however I have been seeing him for over 10 years and I am stable with all the issues I have. If you neen to talk to him about something you feel he is not listening, you have to be assertive. His personality should not be mixed with his knowledge. He knows his stuff!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016