Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey K. Bean

My wife and I both stopped going to Dr. Bean after multiple visits. Front office lady is a nightmare. Condescending and rude at every encounter. My wife was buying a product after her appointment and Dr. Bean told her it was $30, the office lady then said it was $32. Dr. Bean said give it to her for $30 and walked away. The lady then charged my wife $32. I got caught in a snowstorm in VC that prevented me from getting to an appointment. I called to let them know and she said it would be $50 charge for less then 24 hours notice. My circumstance didn't matter. I asked to speak with Dr. Bean and she said no. I called back when they sent the bill and she said I couldn't speak with Dr. Bean. The copays and insurance payments for my wife and I was nearly $1100 in revenue for Dr. Bean, yet he discarded us for $50. Bad business model. Find someone else.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

At Sierra Podiatry Center/Sierra Center for Foot Surgery we welcome all comments and suggestions! Upon reading the reviews, good and bad, I would like to take a moment to also post a comment. For all current and future patients regarding orthotics: Orthotics are a recommendation for patients who suffer from a range of issues. There are two different kinds of orthotics that we offer, and yes, they are non-refundable. Once an item is custom molded specifically to your feet we cannot return them to the lab. Orthotics are also not a guarantee! We try our best to modify them to make them as comfortable as possible, but sometimes, for a small percentage of patients, they do not work. All patients are made aware of this when they sign an orthotic agreement. Our goal is to make ALL our patients feel better in a caring, safe and friendly environment! As a Board Certified Podiatric Surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Bean promotes the highest standard of care for all of his patients. For more information on orthotics or any other foot care concerns, please contact our office at 775-882-1441 or sierrapodiatry.com

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

The review left on April 2, 2013 is right on the money....and I do mean money!! This "doctor" charges a fortune for orthotics that actually make your feet hurt worse than before and does not have to be accountable. You can go back but be charged each time!!!!! Nice to do bad work and not have to fix it at your expense. I don't know of anyone else who get's to do that. The July 17, 2011 review is a chick hoping to hook-up with this guy. Beware!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Jeffrey Bean as a foot and ankle surgeon. My son, 17 at the time, snapped his ankle in half. Dr. Jeffrey Bean and the staff of Sierra Center for Foot Surgery performed the surgery and repaired his badly broken ankle using a plate and screws. His ankle is stronger than it was before the surgery and he has no pain or limitations. The surgery was two years ago, and he is better than new now. I paid for the plate and screws separately from the surgery costs, which may be what this individual posting about a titanium joint is complaining about. That is pretty standard in the surgical field. At any rate, I have nothing but high praises for Dr. Bean and his practice. Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Bean recommended I have surgery for a bunion on my first visit, and said it should be scheduled right away as he was booked out. I had the surgery, and when I woke up it turned out he replaced my big toe joint as well because it was worse than he thought, and asked me to pay in cash an additional amount for the titanium joint(@700), which he said insurance probably would not cover. I put it on my credit card as I don't carry that much cash. After 3 months I was still in the same amount of pain, and went back. He recommended I have a second surgery immediately to operate on the next toe over. I said this seemed crazy to undergo a second surgery, and got a second opinion from another doctor. The second doctor recommended I get physical therapy to get the new joint working properly. I had asked Dr bean about this initially after the surgery, and he said to wiggle it myself. After completing physical therapy my toe is not in pain, and I do not need a second surgery.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Some of the staff is very outgoing and helpful while others are just there to get their paychecks. This is why I gave the staff a "3". I felt that Dr Bean has no personality, no bed side manners and doesn't communicate well with the patients. Unfortunately for people in Carson this is all we have, I strongly suggest you please look in Reno or Tahoe before coming here.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Very good group at Sierra Podiatry ! first rate staff, efficient & friendly and answered all questions asked.....sweet natured folks one and all and the doctor was excellent with the best suggestions, gentle manner and good sense of humor. These folks rate stars above any I've ever encountered in the medical field - fortunately, I do not have much experience there so meeting these professionals was ever so delightful all the more . . . gives me hope if ever I should have need of such services in the future. . . . and I thank you each and every one ! C.D. McCullough 10/8/13 apt.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

After consulting with Dr.Bean and per his reccomendation, I had a custom set of orthotics made and after three adjustments to the orthotics, more pain was caused using them, than ever was there before. I called his office to see what my options were only to be told I would have to meet with him again. I was also told the orthotics were non-refundable and non-returnable. No other options than to pay for another office visit at $137.00+/visit. I have lost complete confidence in Dr. Bean and don't think I was treated honestly or fairly. Future patients beware, get references and shop around. I've only known one other person to visit him and they, too, are no longer a patient of his for similar reasons.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr Beans office is so wonderful. My 12yr old daughter had surgery on both feet. The staff was awesome. They explained everything, and have a great bedside manner! We always have fun going in there! I have never had a doctor or his staff be so great in both patience and understanding. I called several times with questions after all the surgeries, and was treated graciously every time. Then when my daughter broke both the pins and plate in one of her feet, they were even better! I have had doctors or nurses get upset when there is a set-back, but not here! It was a breath of fresh air! I don't mean to be so glowing, but if you ever need anything done with your feet Dr Jeffery Bean's office is the place to go!!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

I would refer Dr Bean and his practice to anyone requiring a great doctor for any type of foot care. Dr Jeff and his staff are great, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Both my foot surgeries have been very successful.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

Dr. Jeffrey K. Bean's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Carson City, NV