Ratings for Dr. Sheila Laredo

Never feel rushed or pushed into a direction I am not comfortable with. However, she has never actually examined me and seems to only suggest provera or hormone therapies for my PCOS. I have since seeked out a naturopath to get holistic handle on my health for my PCOS. Although Laredo did not jump for joy when I told her I was seeing a naturopath, she was courteous enough to make a few holistic suggestions.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Would NOT recommend her to anyone. Very cold and ubrupt. Not what a doctor should be!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

I saw Dr. Laredo for a few years....if you can call it that. She is clearly very knowledgeable, however I don't think her patients benefit from this. You spend more time with her student doctors then you do with her. I sit through an appointment with her firing off directives at her student, and at the end they miss some of the things that were put forward. The wait is insane, and the last appointment I had with her, I walked out of the waiting room 1.5 hours after the scheduled time, and all my appointments were booked in the afternoon because I was told her has meetings in the mornings. I had a long drive ahead of me, and children to tend to and getting up at 8pm because of traffic is not an option for me. Maybe she should schedule her meetings in the PM and give consideration to her patients for a change

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Dr Laredo is an amazing doctor. Obviously she is very bright and at the top of her field, but she is also incredibly kind, compassionate and does her best to help her patients in ways they need. She is flexible, and when I expressed concerns about the treatment and asked for alternative suggestions, she went through options without judgement. She does listen, but is firm when presenting the approach she feels is best for her patients and is able to back it up with research findings. I do not understand some of the negative comments below and have nothing but good things to say about our visit. Yes, the residents can be annoying, but someone has to teach them! I highly recommend Dr Laredo.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Laredo for a few years and I agree with the statement below. I always think it's going to be different every time I visit her, but she has NEVER, I mean NEVER examined me. Especially knowing that thyroid cancer runs in my family and that I have a few nodules that need to be monitored. I also have PCOS and that's her specialty. It's extremely frustrating since she's the doctor, she should double check what her students are doing. What if her students made a mistakes? what if they missed something?. It's too bad but I no longer see her and her students. I hope people who read this understand that Dr. Laredo is very nice and knowledgeable but she will NOT exam you at all!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Laredo for a while now and she has never examined me. That's very frustrating when her students do all the work. She has never stopped to think, what if her students miss anything! I need to go elsewhere. Dr Laredo can teach all the students she wants but she must examine as well not just her students.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I have been in the care of Dr. Loredo and her team for some time now. Her nurses are friendly, caring and go over-and-above to answer my questions. I have never had the same resident twice, but all of the residents have been excellent, thorough, personable and attentive. Dr. Lorado is outstanding - incredibly intelligent, caring, compassionate and she is very transparent with what I can expect for my follow-up testing and appointments. Although Dr. Loredo only has office hours once per week, she has scheduled me in, last minute, in an emergency situation. I feel completely lucky and blessed to be in the very capable hands of this amazing team.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I had alot of faith and trust in Dr. Laredo in the beginning. However because I called to cancel a few appointments due to illness I got told by my family doctors office that she will no longer be my doctor. Save yourself lots of time and aggrivation don't go to the endocrinologists at Women's College.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I have seen Dr. Laredo for almost 12 years. She is a great doctor but she is to busy. Some important things are missed by her staff. Her nurse Leah runs the place and she can be very angry. I learned that you must get along with Leah or ELSE!!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Laredo is in a legaue of her own! She cares about her patients and their well being and even though you sometimes wait long before seeing the doctor she does not rush through her appointment and takes the time to explain things. Would not want to see any other doctor!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014