Ratings for Dr. Sheila Laredo

I've been seeing Dr. Laredo for a few years and I agree with the statement below. I always think it's going to be different every time I visit her, but she has NEVER, I mean NEVER examined me. Especially knowing that thyroid cancer runs in my family and that I have a few nodules that need to be monitored. I also have PCOS and that's her specialty. It's extremely frustrating since she's the doctor, she should double check what her students are doing. What if her students made a mistakes? what if they missed something?. It's too bad but I no longer see her and her students. I hope people who read this understand that Dr. Laredo is very nice and knowledgeable but she will NOT exam you at all!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Laredo for a while now and she has never examined me. That's very frustrating when her students do all the work. She has never stopped to think, what if her students miss anything! I need to go elsewhere. Dr Laredo can teach all the students she wants but she must examine as well not just her students.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I have been in the care of Dr. Loredo and her team for some time now. Her nurses are friendly, caring and go over-and-above to answer my questions. I have never had the same resident twice, but all of the residents have been excellent, thorough, personable and attentive. Dr. Lorado is outstanding - incredibly intelligent, caring, compassionate and she is very transparent with what I can expect for my follow-up testing and appointments. Although Dr. Loredo only has office hours once per week, she has scheduled me in, last minute, in an emergency situation. I feel completely lucky and blessed to be in the very capable hands of this amazing team.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I had alot of faith and trust in Dr. Laredo in the beginning. However because I called to cancel a few appointments due to illness I got told by my family doctors office that she will no longer be my doctor. Save yourself lots of time and aggrivation don't go to the endocrinologists at Women's College.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I have seen Dr. Laredo for almost 12 years. She is a great doctor but she is to busy. Some important things are missed by her staff. Her nurse Leah runs the place and she can be very angry. I learned that you must get along with Leah or ELSE!!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Laredo is in a legaue of her own! She cares about her patients and their well being and even though you sometimes wait long before seeing the doctor she does not rush through her appointment and takes the time to explain things. Would not want to see any other doctor!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Saw Dr Laredo for gland issue; waited 6 months for that appoitment and waited for her over 1 hour on that day, she came in with an intern and a resident. the resident explained my issue to her, the conversation was between the resident, Dr Laredo and the intern. She didn't even speak to me or look at me. she was explaining all the different scenarios to them that don't even apply to me. it was like being in a classroom and she was teaching her students and she forgot that i was the patient and in the room. she didn't ask if i had any questions and told me to come back in 6 months. the resident also didn't give me any feedback. great teacher - lousy dr to patient. i interrupted their conversation and she replied back to them, as if i wasn't in the room. what a waste of my time. i'm glad ohip paid for the appoitment and not me.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Dr. Laredo is the best doctor. Knowledgeable, caring and excellent staff. I feel so lucky to have been connected to her services. if you're looking for a fabulous Endocrinolgist, try to get in with her. You will thank your lucky stars! She found out the problem I was having straight away, and put me on the right path to fix it. She is one of the most compassionate people I've ever met -- just a wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

You couldn't possibly be in better hands. Dr. Laredo is extremely intelligent, knowledgeable and concerned for her patients' wellbeing. I'm so grateful to be in her care.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Dr. Laredo is an amazing doctor. I wish all medical professionals would take the time and effort she does to get to the bottom of a medical issue. She answers all of my questions and never leaves me feeling uninformed. Her staff is also very well trained and polite. I would recommend her any day. I wish her all the best in her new role on the board of directors.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013