Dr. Mark Eltis

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(55)

"My optometrist sent me to Dr Paul because he has a nationally renowned reputation in su..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Mark Eltis

Great doctor. Very knowledgeable, highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2019

I scheduled my first ever appointment with Dr. Eltis a few weeks ago. I based my decision primarily on the positive reviews that I’d read here on Rate MD, and on his credentials in the field of optometry. I’ve read a lot of reviews on various websites when searching for a new doctor or clinic and I can honestly say that his reviews sound like they’ve been written by real patients. And now I’m one of them. I found Dr. Eltis to be knowledgeable, thorough, patient and highly personable. He explained every procedure/test/result clearly, he discussed all of my options for glasses and contacts, and he recommended some at-home care for my dry eyes which is already working. I’ve always felt rushed and treated perfunctorily at other clinics, but this experience was a very pleasant contrast in comparison. In fact, all of the clinic staff were courteous, respectful and professional. I was delighted to find that I could have my prescription for glasses filled on site (the same day!) at their optical services. Special thanks to Crystal Hussey, the optician, who took careful measurements and gave excellent advice on the types of frames that would serve and suit me best. I’m very happy with my new specs. I’m also thankful to the patients who took the time to share their good experiences with Dr. Eltis and View Eye Care. I plan to be a long-term patient like many of these people.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2019

Dr. Mark Eltis has a welcoming personality that makes one or me feel at ease on first time visit. He has good interviewing/informative skills that enabled me to share information that maybe helpful in finding the best way to take care of my eyes. He has the tools most significant to determine the applicable corrective measures for my eyes to see clearly and he explained using words understood by me what the tools are for. He willingly referred me to one of his colleagues as necessary for me to visit. He is a good doctor who is truly helpful for better/clearer vision together with his staff. All the best!!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2019

It’s always a pleasure visiting Dr. Mark Eltis. He is a true professional with an infectious smile. He is friendly and patient, with a wealth of knowledge and experience. He takes the time to listen to all my concerns, loves the challenge of finding the best solution and ensures I’m comfortable with it. He is the guru of “bifocal” solutions! The office has state of the art technology to ensure the best outcome. The staff is extremely efficient and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Eltis to anyone looking for a wonderful optometrist.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2019

Dr. Eltis is an amazing optometrist. We travel over an hour just to see him and it is definitely worth the drive! We found him to be very thorough in his examination. He is extremely knowledgeable, personable and explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. We go as a family and I would recommend him to anyone looking for an optometrist. The entire staff is very professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2019

I found Dr. Eltis through ratemds after my optometrist closed his practice. Dr. Eltis is a rising star- nice, helpful, patient-focussed, and comes off as super bright. His thoroughness and the extensive diagnostic equipment at the practice blew all the other eye exams I have ever had out of the water.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2018

I am so happy I found Dr Eltis at View Eye Care. He is knowledgeable, personable and a caring Doctor. He is super patient as I always have so many questions but he never rushes me out. I truly feel that he genuinely cares for his patients. I would highly recommended him to anyone who is looking for an excellent optometrist.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2018

Dr. Eltis was very professional. He was patient, answering all my questions (and I had a lot!). He took the time to explain the checkup procedures and made sure that all examinations were done. He cares for his patients and understands my situation, ensuring that all aspects of my eyes were looked at. He is very knowledgeable and, that for me, is very reassuring. I would recommend Dr Eltis to anyone who needs an Optometrist.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

I have to concur with the other glowing reviews. Mark Eltis actually takes the time to listen to you. He's accommodating, thorough, and very patient. Unlike many other eye care specialists I've dealt with, who tend to rush you out of their office, Mark Eltis takes the time to answer all of your questions. He's also fairly young, which means he's not yet jaded. The only downside is that his clinic is not cheap. There are also a number of supplementary tests that are pricey. But if you have the money or the right employment benefits, I recommend Mark Eltis without hesitation.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

Dr Eltis is reliable and thorough in his eye care, offering all diagnosis options with no unnecessary testing. He possesses a compassionate manner, and wants the best for his patients. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

Dr. Mark Eltis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

With over fifteen years of experience, Dr. Mark Eltis has practiced Optometry in New York, California and Toronto. He is a graduate of the University of Waterloo School of Optometry and continues to be a lecturer there. He is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry and a Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry. Dr. Eltis has served as an examiner for national licensing assessment in both Canada and the United States (NBEO, CSAO and CACO). He has presented and published internationally and has been sought as an expert on optometric issues for national television and print. In 2013, Dr. Eltis was honored as a member of the Optometric Glaucoma Society (OGS) having “demonstrated excellence in the care of patients with glaucoma through professional education and scientific investigation.” Dr. Eltis is a reviewer for over a dozen publications including Journal of Glaucoma and Canadian Journal of Optometry. In 2017, Dr. Eltis was recognized for his “outstanding contribution in reviewing” by the editors of Journal of Optometry and Elsevier. Dr. Eltis has been a consultant for academic institutions overseas, contact lens/pharmaceutical companies, law firms, and a subject matter expert for competency evaluations. In 2018, Dr. Eltis was appointed as a member of the College of Optometrists of Ontario’s Discipline Committee (adjudicating allegations of professional misconduct at formal hearings). He also recently completed the full sequence of courses at University of California at Berkeley to achieve Glaucoma Certification TLG (the highest level of licensure in the state). Most recently he has been writing a monthly column for Primary Care Optometry News to share his perspective on the latest developments in Glaucoma research.

• English
  • French

• University of Waterloo (Grad. 2003)

• In 2013, Dr. Eltis was honored as a member of the Optometric Glaucoma Society (OGS) having “demonstrated excellence in the care of patients with glaucoma through professional education and scientific investigation."
  • In 2017, Elsevier and the Journal of Optometry awarded Dr. Eltis a Certificate of outstanding contribution in reviewing in recognition of the contributions made to the quality of the Journal.
  • Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry