Dr. Paul Sanghera
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(59)

"My optometrist sent me to Dr Paul because he has a nationally renowned reputation in su..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Mark Eltis

Dr Mark Eltis is one of the best optometrists in Toronto and specialist in the eye disease area where I need continuous monitoring and care. He is very thorough and knowledgeable and very friendly at the same time. He is never in a rush. Explained everything in details and recommended all the necessary and available tests. The technician assisting Dr Eltis also deserves some credit for his pleasant manners.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2019

I’ve been going to Dr. Eltis for about decade now. He is personable, very knowledgeable and truly cares about his patients. He takes the time answer your questions and what I truly appreciate is that he provides you with options so that you always have a choice. I feel very fortunate.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2019

I was searching for a reliable and trustful optometrist after more than 2 year of not having a proper eye exam. I was skeptical about the quality of my previous optometrist and thus I went on Google to search and read reviews on eye clinics. I was recommend by a customer representative where Dr. Mark Eltis is working with. The first impression at Dr. Eltis was his welcoming smile and pleasant personality and of course a good ear. He listened to all my concerns and issues and examine my eyes carefully and patiently. By the end of my eye examination, he explained closely to my situation and referred me to a very professional and knowledgeable Ophthalmologist that he trusts is the best fit for me. The result was great and satisfied at the end and Dr. Eltis followed up with me right after my eye examination with the eye doctor. Thanks so much Dr. Eltis for your kindness, care and concern. I truly recommend Dr. Eltis to anyone who is looking for a trustful optometrist.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2019

Dr. Eltis is very patient, knowledgable, and an amazing optometrist. He takes his time to examine my eyes to make sure they are ok. I really recommend Dr. Eltis.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2019

Dr. Elton is an excellent eye doctor who takes the time to ensure that everything is done properly

flag | Submitted July 16, 2019

Dr. Eltis is a knowledgable and approachable professional. I am highly satisfied with my consultation with him. I got all I needed and my eyes feel so much better now. Thanks, Dr. Eltis!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

Great doctor. Very knowledgeable, highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2019

I scheduled my first ever appointment with Dr. Eltis a few weeks ago. I based my decision primarily on the positive reviews that I’d read here on Rate MD, and on his credentials in the field of optometry. I’ve read a lot of reviews on various websites when searching for a new doctor or clinic and I can honestly say that his reviews sound like they’ve been written by real patients. And now I’m one of them. I found Dr. Eltis to be knowledgeable, thorough, patient and highly personable. He explained every procedure/test/result clearly, he discussed all of my options for glasses and contacts, and he recommended some at-home care for my dry eyes which is already working. I’ve always felt rushed and treated perfunctorily at other clinics, but this experience was a very pleasant contrast in comparison. In fact, all of the clinic staff were courteous, respectful and professional. I was delighted to find that I could have my prescription for glasses filled on site (the same day!) at their optical services. Special thanks to Crystal Hussey, the optician, who took careful measurements and gave excellent advice on the types of frames that would serve and suit me best. I’m very happy with my new specs. I’m also thankful to the patients who took the time to share their good experiences with Dr. Eltis and View Eye Care. I plan to be a long-term patient like many of these people.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2019

Dr. Mark Eltis has a welcoming personality that makes one or me feel at ease on first time visit. He has good interviewing/informative skills that enabled me to share information that maybe helpful in finding the best way to take care of my eyes. He has the tools most significant to determine the applicable corrective measures for my eyes to see clearly and he explained using words understood by me what the tools are for. He willingly referred me to one of his colleagues as necessary for me to visit. He is a good doctor who is truly helpful for better/clearer vision together with his staff. All the best!!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2019

It’s always a pleasure visiting Dr. Mark Eltis. He is a true professional with an infectious smile. He is friendly and patient, with a wealth of knowledge and experience. He takes the time to listen to all my concerns, loves the challenge of finding the best solution and ensures I’m comfortable with it. He is the guru of “bifocal” solutions! The office has state of the art technology to ensure the best outcome. The staff is extremely efficient and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Eltis to anyone looking for a wonderful optometrist.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2019

Dr. Mark Eltis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

With over fifteen years of experience, Dr. Mark Eltis has practiced Optometry in New York, California and Toronto. He is a graduate of the University of Waterloo School of Optometry and continues to be a lecturer there. He is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry and a Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry. Dr. Eltis has served as an examiner for national licensing assessment in both Canada and the United States (NBEO, CSAO and CACO). He has presented and published internationally and has been sought as an expert on optometric issues for national television and print. In 2013, Dr. Eltis was honored as a member of the Optometric Glaucoma Society (OGS) having “demonstrated excellence in the care of patients with glaucoma through professional education and scientific investigation.” Dr. Eltis is a reviewer for over a dozen publications including Journal of Glaucoma and Canadian Journal of Optometry. In 2017, Dr. Eltis was recognized for his “outstanding contribution in reviewing” by the editors of Journal of Optometry and Elsevier. Dr. Eltis has been a consultant for academic institutions overseas, contact lens/pharmaceutical companies, law firms, and a subject matter expert for competency evaluations. In 2018, Dr. Eltis was appointed as a member of the College of Optometrists of Ontario’s Discipline Committee (adjudicating allegations of professional misconduct at formal hearings). He also recently completed the full sequence of courses at University of California at Berkeley to achieve Glaucoma Certification TLG (the highest level of licensure in the state). Most recently he has been writing a monthly column for Primary Care Optometry News to share his perspective on the latest developments in Glaucoma research.

• English
  • French

• University of Waterloo (Grad. 2003)

• In 2013, Dr. Eltis was honored as a member of the Optometric Glaucoma Society (OGS) having “demonstrated excellence in the care of patients with glaucoma through professional education and scientific investigation."
  • In 2017, Elsevier and the Journal of Optometry awarded Dr. Eltis a Certificate of outstanding contribution in reviewing in recognition of the contributions made to the quality of the Journal.
  • Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry