Ratings for Dr. Steven T. Fyfe

I had surgery to remove a lipoma that was located close to a facial nerve. Dr. Fyfe immediately diagnosed the growth as a lipoma and then had it confirmed with an MRI. Dr. Fyfe did the surgery and I had absolutely no problems, no swelling, and no pain. I can't imagine anyone doing a better job. I also spoke with a top oral surgeon who told me that he sends all his patients that need ENT surgery to Dr. Fyfe. Previously I sent a friend to see Dr. Fyfe. This friend, a child, had two prior unsuccessful surgeries by another ENT specialist. The surgeries were near the ear. The other ENT couldn't solve the problem, however Dr. Fyfe was able to operate successfully and the problem never occurred again. A person will be very lucky indeed to find such a great doctor as Dr. Fyfe. Besides his medical skill, he is also great at communicating and he is friendly making patients feel at ease.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Dr. Fyfe found a less invasive, and less expensive, solution to my chronic sinus problem than my doctors at a highly regarded teaching hospital. They wanted me to have extensive surgery with an overnight hospital stay. Dr Fyfe did a procedure in his office with little fuss and I am much better now. His staff was helpful with insurance questions and follow-up. One little complaint: the procedure is a little bit painful and nerve-wracking, and the Xanax I asked them to have available to get through it was forgotten. On the second round I brought my own Valium. So ... A little slip, but otherwise a very satisfactory outcome.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

He set me up for a sleep study but didn't discuss the results with me in my follow-up appt. I found out why five years later; he never received the results from the sleep study doc. I finally got the results after some work by his partner dr. Nason, but neither Fyfe or Nason went over the three page results with me. I ended up asking one of his nurses to explain it all to me. He is an excellent surgeon (he did my sinus surgery) and is friendly but can seem flippant, in a hurry, and like do many doctors, not much of a listener.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Had my tonsils removed at age 37, I have heard many stories that as an adult its one of the worst things to have done. Dr. Fyfe actually told me I would hate him when I woke up from surgery. The experience from beginning to end was great, I had years of issues and he fixed everything. The pain was very little and recovery was fast, its been a couple years now and could not be happier. I enjoyed the prep area that was decorated for little kids. I would recommend Dr. Fyfe for any ENT needs.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

We found him easy to talk to & thorough in examination. He diagnosed my husband's ear infection. On the followup visit he took time with us, he was candid in explaining the probable cause of the problem. We would use him again and recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2010

Dr Fyfe is awesome. He did both mine and my 4 year old son's tonsillectomies. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

Was very helpful in diagnosing me when other doctors couldn't, and when he did my sinus surgery I had no complications, little pain and it went very smoothly. The surgery ended years of sinus infections and thinking I had allergies when I didn't.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Good patient rapport, well respected in his field, one of the best clinicians I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2006

Excellent surgeon and great personality and rapor with patients

flag | Submitted July 20, 2005

Dr. Steven T. Fyfe's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)