Ratings for Dr. Shu Foong

She is a very patient doctor and she understand each of her patient medicine history background. And very caring

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr Foong possesses the very best qualities you could ever hope for in a medical provider. She demonstrates compassion (held my hand until I fell asleep for surgery), delivers clear, honest information (albeit, it be difficult to hear at times), and has the patience of a saint (I can't even count how many appointments she sat through, providing medical counsel and support, as it took me almost seven years to come to terms with my diagnoses. I know our upcoming treatment will be in very capable hands, as Dr Foong and the team at RFP work hard to do all they can to help us become parents. Feeling very fortunate to have access to such wonderful care and a facility like this in our city!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

She has been amazing to us and has given an awesome gift of life and now we have a beautiful family. She is always encouraging and supporting and of course REALISTIC. Doesn't sugar caot anything.....which makes her a great doctor.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr.. Foong did my baseline ultrasound at Calgary Regional Fertility clinic, she was very rough while doing my ultrasound and was very rude. This is very insensitive for a doctor to treat a patient who has vagisnismus. (Note that this is not my first internal ultrasound, I've had 4 before). Then she literally terrorized me to rethink if I am ready for IVF/ egg retrieval as it is going to be very painful and suggested that I cancel my IVF cycle. She also told me they don't do anesthetic while doing egg retrival and if I wanted that route I should pursue another clinic. I am rudely told this for the first after I have spent 7 months at RFP clinic and they knowing that I have vagisnismus and I was made to make full payment and buy all the meds. Dr. Foong has a terrible bedside manner and instead of being gentle, supportive. This experience with her traumatized me. She did not offer any helpful advice on how or what kind of support they can offer for people like me. I talked to the IVF nurse the next day and she assured me that they treat patients like this all the time and this is not an issue. This is NOT the attitude you expect from a doctor at a fertility clinic where the patients are already going through emotionally taxing experience and not to mention spending huge amount of money.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

I curse her for what she did to me andy husband.She keep telling you are old.Been 39years old in that clinic and you call old???,That's why I am coming to get better treatment.Always she keep telling my husband he is good the problem is you your age.I would never forget how much we were fighting after leaving her office.Your fault, my fault.U never saw her in all my Ivf treatment.When my eggs got retrieved the embryologist called us and asked to pay 1540 dollars to inject sperm in eggs for fertilised as the count of sperm was 2 very law.I never heard her in all our appointment to mention that.I would never want to see her face for rest of my life.She disappointed us.Very rood and not generous.I we'll never recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr. Foong practises the "throw everthing at the wall and see what sticks method of medicine". She is fridgid and pessimistic at best. She determined that my husbnad's sperm morphology was the problem- then it was my extra weight- then it was my "prematurely aging ovaries"- whatever she felt like diagnosing that day. Except when it came to endometriosis. I felt I had endometriosis and I asked repeatedly for a laparoscopy. She just kept telling me it would cause more harm than good and pushed for IVF. After two failed IVFs with her- I went to a clinic in New York. My cycle failed in NYC too and my doctor there told me to try a laparoscopy in Canada. I went back and she reluctantly agreed to do the surgery. When I awoke the nurse was over me and said "wow, they sure took a lot out of you." Then Dr. Foong came over and told me that it was very mild and not much to see. Very confusing. My surgery was in June, and I became naturally pregnant in October. I highlly doubt that this was a coincidence. No thanks to her, I have a beautiful daughter. I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Foong for over a year now and she is always extremely helpful. During an appointment, she took the time to examine me when I told her I had symptoms of BV that would not go away. She could have told me to see my GP, but she didn't and she ended up giving me a prescription for antibiotics, which was so helpful!!! It will be bittersweet when we do become pregnant, because I really wish I didn't have to lose her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Dr. FOONG did my egg retrieval today, she explained everything so good to my husband and I and was so kind and caring!! So glad she did my egg retrieval!!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I met Dr Foong for initial ultrasound and she measured my uterus and it was very uncomfortable she roughly looked at my right ovary and said "I am not even going to bother looking at the left side because u r very uncomfortable". Than she turns to me and said are u sure u want to continue with this treat as this treatment is very painful down the road. I get it she knows her stuff but there is a way to tell a patient. I found her very insensitive to my situation and rude. How ever the clinic usually calls me the day off or next after I leave them voicemails. They r usually good with it. I ddnt have any issues with their phone calls. But just this one Dr did not make my experience well.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr Foong she's amazing she did my egg transfer 1st IVF and had a beautiful baby girl.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016