Ratings for Dr. Shu Foong

I curse her for what she did to me andy husband.She keep telling you are old.Been 39years old in that clinic and you call old???,That's why I am coming to get better treatment.Always she keep telling my husband he is good the problem is you your age.I would never forget how much we were fighting after leaving her office.Your fault, my fault.U never saw her in all my Ivf treatment.When my eggs got retrieved the embryologist called us and asked to pay 1540 dollars to inject sperm in eggs for fertilised as the count of sperm was 2 very law.I never heard her in all our appointment to mention that.I would never want to see her face for rest of my life.She disappointed us.Very rood and not generous.I we'll never recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr. Foong practises the "throw everthing at the wall and see what sticks method of medicine". She is fridgid and pessimistic at best. She determined that my husbnad's sperm morphology was the problem- then it was my extra weight- then it was my "prematurely aging ovaries"- whatever she felt like diagnosing that day. Except when it came to endometriosis. I felt I had endometriosis and I asked repeatedly for a laparoscopy. She just kept telling me it would cause more harm than good and pushed for IVF. After two failed IVFs with her- I went to a clinic in New York. My cycle failed in NYC too and my doctor there told me to try a laparoscopy in Canada. I went back and she reluctantly agreed to do the surgery. When I awoke the nurse was over me and said "wow, they sure took a lot out of you." Then Dr. Foong came over and told me that it was very mild and not much to see. Very confusing. My surgery was in June, and I became naturally pregnant in October. I highlly doubt that this was a coincidence. No thanks to her, I have a beautiful daughter. I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Foong for over a year now and she is always extremely helpful. During an appointment, she took the time to examine me when I told her I had symptoms of BV that would not go away. She could have told me to see my GP, but she didn't and she ended up giving me a prescription for antibiotics, which was so helpful!!! It will be bittersweet when we do become pregnant, because I really wish I didn't have to lose her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Dr. FOONG did my egg retrieval today, she explained everything so good to my husband and I and was so kind and caring!! So glad she did my egg retrieval!!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I met Dr Foong for initial ultrasound and she measured my uterus and it was very uncomfortable she roughly looked at my right ovary and said "I am not even going to bother looking at the left side because u r very uncomfortable". Than she turns to me and said are u sure u want to continue with this treat as this treatment is very painful down the road. I get it she knows her stuff but there is a way to tell a patient. I found her very insensitive to my situation and rude. How ever the clinic usually calls me the day off or next after I leave them voicemails. They r usually good with it. I ddnt have any issues with their phone calls. But just this one Dr did not make my experience well.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr Foong she's amazing she did my egg transfer 1st IVF and had a beautiful baby girl.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

We struggled to conceive for over 5 years and Dr. Foong was amazing!! She helped us, was kind and caring during our infertility journey. I can't believe some of the negative comments. I always went into my appointments armed with questions and different natural approaches that Dr. Foong was more then happy to discuss. I agree that the fertility clinic needs to answer the phone and be more proactive in this way instead of leaving messages. Considering the amount of patients they see I think they do a great job and I'm so glad I've had Dr. Foong on my side.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

The Calgary fertility Clinic simply does not care. How can I rate a doctor I only saw once initially and then after the treatment failed. I barely had the same fertility doctor twice. The clinic was extremely impersonal and all the doctors do is refer to their chart to recall why they were seeing me. There were too many nurses calling me with instructions, never the same nurse twice. The nurses were far more arrogant than the fertility doctors. I had a pregnancy test and they left a message to call back but I had to wait 3 days before I could get through their phone lines to get the result. Yet they will call me every 2 hours until I paid my fees. They have a ridiculous system of 6 am line ups for appointments every 2 days when you start treatment! The clinic charges as much money to buy a car yet they won't put in the money to hire more staff and provide better service. This wouldn't happen if there was another clinic to compete with them. They simply do not care. I have heard lots of people are going to Victoria BC because of better service.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Before I started IVF I received a pamphlet which recommended that women in their 40's do ICSI. When it came time to fertilize my eggs the embryologist did not recommend ICSI because he said that the eggs looked good as did the sperm. Only one of the 15 eggs fertilized and RESCUE ISCI was then done...but it was eventually unsuccessful. After my unsuccessful outcome I met with Dr. Foong and she was very defensive, as though I blamed them for not doing ICSI from the beginning. She said unsuccessful fertilization occurs in 1-3%, she said that the issue was not with rescue ICSI but she had a "gut" feeling that my eggs were poor quality. I found this odd because I was told my eggs looked good after retrieval. In the reading that I've been doing I found that complete unsuccessful fertilization occurs 10-15% of the time, which is much higher than the 1-3% that she quoted. I also read that the chance of success after rescue ICSI does drop and I eventually got her to admit this. I asked her a simple question with no undertones at all - "Could my outcome have been successful if we had done ICSI from the start" and her response was indirect, defensive and inconsistent. She eventually admitted that there is a drop in success rate with rescue ICSI, but I've never heard such run around in my life. It was really weird. Before I met with her I wasn't planning on pointing fingers at the clinic...but I left very unimpressed with her unprofessionalism and poor attitude. I really wish she could be a bit nicer.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr. Foong is a good doctor but I would like to rate the Calgary Regional Fertility clinic rather than her personally. Why can't they hire someone to ANSWER THE PHONE!!!! I've called them MANY times in the past and I have NEVER had someone just pick up the phone. Instead I get a recording to either leave a message or call the same number that I just called. The people who work there do call me back, almost always when I am driving or in a work meeting. So then I have to call them back, then they call me back...again almost always at a time when I cannot answer the phone. Just hire more people to answer the phone when it rings! The patients are paying tons of money, so please do us a favour, make life a tiny bit easier, and ANSWER the phone.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015