Ratings for Dr. Michel Hjelkrem

I suspect that the negative comments are made by folks who know little or nothing about medicine. So easy to blame the surgeon when things don't go your way. Hjelkrem is very knowledgeable, very skilled, and very conscientious. Lucky to have a surgeon of this caliber in a small town.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Should find anew career! Worst Dr ever! Can't even wash his hands gives staph infections!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

My mom had a knee replacement surgery 4 years ago. It never healed and she went mack to rldr heilkrum.trail.bc complaining that something was wrong. He told her she was imagining it and that it would get better. He finally agreed to redo this surgery and a new surgery was preformed in February. There was a staph infection from her previous surgery 4 years ago.... he offered no apology, no reassurance and little comfort. He made excuses and continued to be arrogant. My mom still has a pic line almost 2 months later and is on heavy antibiotics...... would recommend going to a larger city with more cooperative Dr's. Also his office staff need to figure out how to treat people and a class in manners would be great

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Repaired a broken ankle. Made me feel comfortable and confident going in to surgery. I had heard good things about him. 3 weeks later ankle feels much better. 3 weeks to go before I can put weight on it but feel like everything is healing correctly.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

When I first went in for rotor cuff repair the doctor asked which knee he was doing! Should have been a red flag! After the surgery I still had problems. That is when I was informed he did not find the rotor cuff tear. After two more years of pain the surgeon went in again to fix the tear. I was still having problems. Not fixed!! When I told him this he replied "some we fix and some we don't". How's that for service! Ended up have a third surgery out of province to repair the damage he had done!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Dr Hjelkrem performed a hip replacement, a complete knee replacement and a particial knee replacement on me, and the results were better than I had hoped. He made me feel confident in his abilities, and kept me informed at all times...

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

great surgeon replaced both knees which gave me my mobility back

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

Failed to show up after surgery, wrong medication given, blamed another doctor

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

I found Dr. Hjelkrem to be a knowledgable , fair and helpful physician.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Had shoulder surgery with Dr. Hjelkrem, very helful and knowledgleable.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011