You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Dustin Potiuk

Dr Potiuk is not for everyone; his communications skills take time to become accustomed to yet he comes through when you need him. He knows his stuff. For us, it's been a matter of being prepared at the consultation, understanding that Drs are human too, providing a concise set of symptoms/issues and working with him. And yes, occasionally asking for specific tests.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I've been dealing with Dr. Potiuk for many years, like for about 10yrs, and when I first met him I said that I had a number of medical problems that need to be dealt with and that I don't see him of colds. He was liking having patients that have changes to him. He is a good listener and doesn't time the visit. He is easy to talk with, knows what he's talking about, and wants to keep up with a few of the things that I've dealing with. As he works in a drop in clinic go the times for the appointments can be a little off time and isn't having any clients appointments as he's the drop in doctor at those times. He's the best doctor, I've had and I've had a few, because I feel that he cares.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr Potiuk has been my physician for many years: unhelpful, incommunicative, awful bedside manner - often barely speaks, is not forthcoming, and seems totally disinterested and uncaring.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

Dr. Potiuk made me uncomfortable from the moment we made eye contact. He was 50min late for his shift at the clinic- luckily I was the first one there. He didn't listen to any of my input in regards to the antibiotic he prescribed me (I've taken a few different ones before) and left the room as I was asking my first question. Worst clinic experience EVER.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. Dustin Potiuk made for one of the most uncomfortable doctors visits I've had. Not only was he very unsympathetic to my medical concern he made me feel very on edge. I can't express enough the uncomfortable feeling he made me feel while in the room with him. It was a very upsetting experience with him.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I found him to be one of the best doctors I have ever saw.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

I find myself frustrated with the fact that he never seems to diagnose anything. I've had him as my GP for about five years now and the only time anything gets done is if I ask for it. I find it hard to believe that I've been right about everything I've suggested but he's not once contradicted me or suggested alternatives. I do my own research before coming in but I still want an expert's opinion and I don't feel that that's what I'm getting. He'd be fine as a walk-in doc but he doesn't seem to have an interest in me as a patient or a person. I'm currently looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Dr. Potiuk is a fantastic Dr. He is smart, current in his practice and information, and very open to including you in your own care plan. I have never felt judged or ignored. From annual paps to chronic conditions to foot pain, he treats everything with equal attention. If you are looking for a Dr. who will sugar coat or be overly sympathetic, he's probably not for you. He has been great with referrals to specialists, and always follows up with test results. He has a dry sense of humor (I find him very funny) that I think might catch people off guard, but he warms each time you see him. Dr. Potiuk is considerate, respectful, attentive, I feel lucky to have such a great Dr in Victoria! If you can get past a dry joke here or there, you will have access to a wonderful physician.

Submitted February 27, 2014

Dr. Potiuk is an excellent, and very thorough doctor. He is very professional, non-judgemental, and has a dry sense of humour. He has never said or done anything inappropriate, and is very discreet during pap smears, etc. He is very willing to refer to specialists if a complaint requires, even if it is relatively minor. I appreciate getting a reminder phone call from the staff when an appointment has been made in advance.

Submitted August 19, 2013

an unmitigated arrogant,self-important, ignorant back end of a donkey...Nearly cost me my hearing because he refused to believe the information I brought into him from another professional on how to proceed.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Dr. Dustin Potiuk's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Potiuk is not for everyone; his communications skills take time to become accustomed to yet he comes through when you need him. He knows his stuff. For us, ..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I've been dealing with Dr. Potiuk for many years, like for about 10yrs, and when I first met him I said that I had a number of medical problems that need to be ..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Potiuk has been my physician for many years: unhelpful, incommunicative, awful bedside manner - often barely speaks, is not forthcoming, and seems totally di..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. " Dr. Potiuk made me uncomfortable from the moment we made eye contact. He was 50min late for his shift at the clinic- luckily I was the first one there. He did..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dustin Potiuk made for one of the most uncomfortable doctors visits I've had. Not only was he very unsympathetic to my medical concern he made me feel very..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found him to be one of the best doctors I have ever saw."

November 12, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I find myself frustrated with the fact that he never seems to diagnose anything. I've had him as my GP for about five years now and the only time anything gets ..."

October 7, 2014