Ratings for Dr. Nicole Bryan

Love Dr. Bryan - she is extremely knowledgeable, and thorough and makes the best decision for the patient. With that said, her office staff are horrible, calls are not returned as promised, 80% of the time when calling the office I get answering service during business hours. When I questioned the receptionist regarding the answering service picking up, she apologized and stated that they forgot to turn off the phones as they were forwarded. This is not the first time this has happened. Also, was in to see Dr. Bryan and was informed someone would call me back regarding hearing aids, and what my insurance would cover. I received a voicemail from 'Keri' (sp) who asked me to call the office back, I've left 4 messages with the front office person, and yet to receive a return call back.... Very disappointing, as I truly enjoy Dr. Bryan, so try not to hold her incompetent front office staff against her.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Dr. Bryan takes her time to explain what is going on and answers your questions. She isn't quick to recommend surgery, instead is willing to try other remedies first.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

She is very kind and caring. Her staff is also very friendly and competent.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

My ratings are more for the staff. They gave the wrong info to the insurance. I faxed my information that was confirmed, and received almost a month ago. Was never calledback. Called and left messages twice, and have not heard from anybody. What a terrible practice to abandon your patients.

Submitted October 9, 2014

In my 50s, I ended up with rare type of nasal hematoma that over a few weeks grew to the size of a small marble, totally filling my right nostril. It was VERY uncomfortable and slowly bleeding (requiring constant tending to). I knew I would need surgery for the removal, so I searched for an ENT in the local area and noticed the great ratings on healthgrades.com for Dr. Nicole Bryan. I found Dr. Bryan to be one of the nicest, most personable, and caring doctors I have ever met. I saw her on a Tuesday, and I was in surgery (under anesthesia) on Friday. The surgery took less than an hour, and when I awoke in recovery I felt (no joke) totally fantastic. Dr. Bryan had delicately removed an amazingly large, bleeding mass and cauterized the attachment point to stem the bleeding. I didn't even need any post-op pain medication (even though she had prescribed some just in case). I am glad to have found Dr. Bryan, and to have had her remove the mass from my nose.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

I have had sinus problems most of my life-Dr Bryan is the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. She is kind, thorough, and treats you as a patient and NOT a number. I have major allergy issues and pretty serious medcial anxiety which she never ignored. Do yourself a favor, if you need a good ENT she is the one!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

She is a total rip off. My daughter had a bead in her nose which could have been taken out after putting her under sedation(which I came to now later). But, she arranged an OT, anesthesiologist, hospital etc for that and they totally ripped me.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2011

Dr Bryan correctly diagnosed and corrected my problem that I was suffering with for 12 years. She has a kind and gentle deameanor. And is the most competant and caring doctor I have seen which says a lot since I am 64 years old. Her staff is very considerate and there is little waiting time. I have recommended her to all my friends and family.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

I went to her for a tonsillectomy. In the course of the pre-op consultation, she told me the possible side effects or complications with the surgery. Here I am almost 3 weeks post-op with disheartening taste distortion. When I asked her about it during my two-week check-up, she said part of it was due to the oral thrush I developed but temporary taste loss is "normal". I've looked at the scholarly literature on the subject. This is a side effect that happens with a significant number of tonsillectomies. She never disclosed this to me before I decided to have the tonsillectomy. Surely if I, a layman, can simply find scholarly databases and do the research on it, she knew and could have disclosed that side-effect. To add insult, on my two week check up, she sent her receptionist to check me. She eventually came in when the clerk saw the oral thrush and let her know. I haven't eaten in almost three weeks due mainly to taste issues. My throat pain is gone but I'm miserable. Won't return.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

Dr. Nicole Bryan's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 2003)

MSP/BC Med