Ratings for Dr. John Schmidt

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Makes it a joy to come get your teeth cleaned or work done.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2019

This office is fantastic. The staff are always so nice and accommodating and Dr. Schmidt is very professional and always takes time to explain everything. He is very gentle and kind which makes the whole experience pleasant. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

West Campus dental is an awesome facility. From receptionists, to hygienists, dental assistants and Dr. Schmidt himself the care and attention to detail is great. I'm an anxious dental patient but always feel within my comfort zone here. I've had many dental treatments from root canals to wisdom teeth extractions. Over the 20years that he has been my dentist, I have always had great advice, treatment, referrals and service here as have my three children. Highly recommended. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

I thought this dental office was exceptional when I started visiting. I had a couple cleanings and some restorative dentistry done, totalling about $1500. I was happy with the results though I felt it to be a bit shady and overpriced (i.e. They did not ask which type of fluoride I wanted, just used the more expensive brush-on variety that was not covered by insurance). When I asked questions they always answered and were very helpful. Then, on my last visit, the receptionist flat-out lied to me (saying that a "unit" of time was 10 minutes, when the ADC clearly outlines that it is in fact 15). This means I was overcharged. When I asked about it, I was told that I am in fact correct, but that because of my questions, they feel it best for me to find another dentist. I suppose that wanting to know what is being done to my own body, and my bank account, is taboo. I was shocked that instead of apologizing for the error, I was considered fully expendable. That shows a poor moral compass - this man should therefore not be treating the health and bodies of other human beings until he can get his head screwed on right. I agree with a previous poster - over charging patients and then punishing them for being inquisitive, shows that his office has retirement plan and dollar signs as the #1 priority. Despicable.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Excellent dentist. We are with him for 15 years and he never disappointed. A new clinic is great which makes the whole story even better. Great with kids too. My kids never were scared to go to the dentist. It is huge!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Excellence - Personable - Confident - Great Staff!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I have been seeing this dentist for almost ten years, and have watched his practice degrade into his retirement plan. He has turned from a dentist to someone who is interested in inflating insurance claims, doing unecessary procedures to increase profit, and lack of accountability. Despite his experience, his work suffers because he's in a rush and won't invest in new equipment. I suggest you move along. He's just inflating his practice so he can sell it in a few years. He's not invested in the care of his patients. You may as well go to a mall walk-in dentist.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Dr. Schmidt is a very consciencious dentist who cares about his patients and fixing things right the first time. His staff are friendly and helpful. While recently attending a number of appointments with a peridontist and the lab techs, Dr. Schmidt's reputation for quality of work is highly regarded. As a patient, his work and bed-side manner are highly regarded as well.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Excellent dentist. Talks to the person AND the teeth. Confident. Knows his stuff. Perfection Plus! Admired and respected by patients and peers.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I switched to Dr. Schmidt on a friend's recommendation. The office is in an older strip mall, and isn't as glamorous as some, but I think that this is a dentist who knows his craft, and truly cares about his patients' dental health. He can make an informed decision, and follow through on what needs to be done (my last dentist referred me to specialists for EVERYTHING). I've had a few fillings replaced, and a crown done by Dr. Schmidt, and have been happy with all the work he's done. His staff is helpful, personable and professional - this is not an office that treats its patients as 'clients'. I never feel like my teeth are being drilled so he can buy new office furniture or vacation in the Bahamas.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013