Ratings for Dr. Mohammed A. El-Awady

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

I saw Mohammed El-Awady while being kept over the weekend at Lourdes Hospital, Paducah, ky. I've never met ANY md with a demeanor/bedside manner such as his. He would not let me speak, except for one word answers. When i finally got a question in (about length of stay, because the ER said it would be only overnight, and only for a better physical exam), he laughed, said they were wrong, because (as he leaned back with his hands behind his head) he could and WOULD keep me just as long as he liked. When i responeded with "weeks?", he laughed and said "months if i wish", and then laughed, sardonically. I was told by many of the staff that he was known for that attitude and probably wouldn't be there long, and he wasn't. He was fired just a few months after I was there (less than a year from now). I don't know where he is now - but I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010