Ratings for Dr. Kathryn Darbyshire

Dr Darbyshire was my family physician for close to 30 years, and we loved her dearly. Very kind, knowledgeable and caring, with the patience of a saint and a great sense of humour! Since she has retired we see her occasionally in her role as part-time anaesthesiologist at the hospital and she always remembers our names, kids names and grandkids names, asking about each and all. Do we miss her as our family Doctor? Indeed we do!!!! Yet continue to wish her much happiness in her semi-retitement. She has earned it. 😀

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Don't know staff, as am writing on behalf of my mother who is now in a serious condition at a hospital in Ottawa. MY mother went for a check up Monday to see have her surgical wound looked at ( surgery done in Ottawa). Told my mother not to worry about pus and odor. My other phoned Wednesday as concerned about smell, told her everything is fine, over phone, she didn't need to see her then, and she would see her Friday on scheduled visit. Went to her Friday, and was told to go to general hospital in Ottawa as signs of hemotoma. Once in emergency in Ottawa, rounds of doctors coming round, as kidneys and liver failing, as very serious infection. Once again dr. Darbyshire was negligent. This time it will be reported. Last time my mother almost lost her life due to sepsis. Very very disappointed in the care that my mother has received.

Submitted March 7, 2014

Although she has been helpful at times over the years, she does tend to belittle concerns I've had. The worst was during my 1st pregnancy, she even told me to "suck it up" & "if you think you're uncomfortable now, just wait until you start labour" when I said I was concerned about how sore I was. So I believed I was a pathetic wimp. Shortly after my 2nd pregnancy I wound up in Emerg & that doctor told me that my gallbladder was done; that was the 1st that I knew that there was a problem with my gallbladder. I lost my gallbladder because she didn't think I was in enough pain for there to actually be something wrong. And to add insult to injury, I've had a lot of health problems since the removal of my gallbladder. Dr. Darbyshire means well... but she has caused me a lot of pain and suffering.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Time to bring in some pleasant staff similar to that of Wendy, she is great. The other person makes you feel like you are a nuisance and have no right to ask questions. Where has empathy and people skills gone.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

knowing her from High school days she always wanted to be a doctor and I know she gives her all.Great person equals great doctor she will give her all.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

You could not ask for a better doctor. I had a very serious illness and was diagnosed and referred to a specialist in less than 24 hrs. She is a wonderful Doctor & the kindest person I have ever met. She has been very supportive and helpful and always there for me and my family. She has gone above and beyond the call of duty for me and my family. No matter how busy her waiting room is, when it is your turn in her exam room you are never rushed and you have her undivided attention. Her staff are wonderful and very helpful as well. You are not just another number in this office!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

been with her for 26 years, delivered my 3 boys,all ways listens to my concerns and quick to refer a specialist if neccessary. All round nice person and easy to talk to about anything

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

She is nice, tries to appear empathetic to your concerns but does not recommend appropriate resources to get assistance i.e. bladder concerns, obesity, std/sti's, depression. She does not seem to take into consideration my future health concerns and take action against them when i ask for help.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I've been a patient since she came to Winchester to practise. She has been great. She shows interest, answers questions, is not hesitate to suggest a referral. She delivered both of my children and to this day always asks how they are. She expresses empathy as needed and is not one to just write a prescription and send you on your way. I just luv her and dread the day she decides to retire.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

Dr Darbyshire explains medical information in a way that is easy to understand.She will not hesitate to send you to a specialist if needed.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010