Ratings for Dr. Daniela Baloun

Dr. Baloun is my doctor since she started her family practice in Toronto. She is the physician who cares for her patients from bottom of her heart. She always takes time to examine and always patiently explains the matter of the problem, She is very selective with referrals and labs. After she gets the results back, if needed, she is always contacting her patients with explanations and follow ups. I do appreciate very much her kindness and understanding. She is great physician and I wish here all the best in her retirement. Thank you Doctor Baloun.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

She was my physician for 15 years. Since she retired I am not able to find a doctor who is so caring and thoughtful.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Not helpful. Judgemental on issues. Did not know how to perform tb test correctly. Late always. Very late. Went over ten years because i could not find another. I finally did.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I had been seeing Dr Baloun as a family doctor for many years. She was often combative and unhelpful. I once went to her as a teemage for jaw pain, she ordered blood tests. When I went in days later for the results she told me my cholesterol was "a little high" when I asked her about my jaw she told me she had felt that problem on my last visit - that my jaw was misaligned and I would need a surgery if I wanted to fix it. I was SHOCKED that she ordered unnecessary tests and ignored my concerns. She also often rudely accused me of lying when what I was saying didn't line up with her diagnosis. And even with an appointment you would end up waiting for upwards of 45 minutes in her waiting room. My mother once waiting for that long after her scheduled arrival time, to eventually see Baloun returning to the office (having not seen her leave I have often suggested avoiding her in favor of a walk in clinic

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

Dr. Baloun has been my GP for many years and I find her to be an exceptional and caring doctor. She always takes the time to go over all my problems and is very selective in who she refers to. All the specialists and imaging facilities that she have referred me to have been great. She is all about quality of care and I highly recommend her services.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Dr. Baloun is a patient, caring and expert family doctor. I never feel rushed and her office manager always does her best to accomodate any urgent requests for appointments. Could not ask for a better family doctor!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Baloun for 20 years. I have referred friends and family to her and we all agree that she is caring, knowledgeable, and no-nonsense. She takes the time to call her patients personally to follow-up. She is a great listener and is a straight-shooter. She doesn't dole out prescriptions without trying to find alternatives first. She is also very picky about what specialists and labs she refers her patients to. I would recommend her to anyone. You don't find doctors like her anymore. She is not the most punctual, but it is because she really takes the time to talk to her patients, and you never feel rushed.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

Dr. Baloun is an excellent doctor. She has great follow-up and will return calls puctually. She digs to find the root of the problem and will always suggest alternative to prescriptions.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

I was very lucky to find Dr. Baloun. She is thorough, supportive and colaborative in her approach with my care. She called me the other day to make sure I follow-up with a test. I found this great patient support.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

I have been going to Dr Baloun for 20 years.It took me a long time to find a good doctor in Toronto, but I feel lucky to have found her.Dr Baloun is a REAL doctor. She's not just a pill pusher. Her approach is preventative. She takes her time and talks to everyone. That's why she's usually running behind schedule.When you get into her office you feel that you have her undivided attention. She is the only doctor my family has ever dealt with that will actually call you at home to explain something. She sends you all over the city to get tests done,because she's fussy about which labs do the tests. She's old school. It's not just about billing OHIP.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010