Ratings for Dr. Shailla Vaidya

Dr. V. provided me with psychotherapy; however she is not good at this. She is too academic and projects her own issues onto patients. So much so that she asked me to leave because I triggered some of her own issues!!She doesn't listen to her patients, but instead interrupts/lectures a lot. Each visit was a new lecture and ideas but never consistent. The fancy office and cognition is not what patients need. Very disappointing to say the least. She made me cry and doubt myself rather than help me. Not recommended for psychotherapy!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr. V. provided me with psychotherapy. She is too academic and projects her own issues onto patients. She doesn't listen to her patients, but instead interrupts a lot. It's obvious she doesn't have a lot of clinical experience. She lacks confidence and seems flustered and disorganized. She does not command her patients' respect. Tries too hard.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

I'm thrilled that Dr.Chow is now my physician at Bridgepoint. It was great that Bridgepoint continued our care and accepted us as patients after Dr. Vaidya's departure. Dr. Vaidya was flustered and unorganized - certainly intelligent, but not made for family medicine. I hope she's doing we'll at the walk-in clinic. This would suit her style better.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

I think she was forced out but Bridgepoint should consider her clients. I really liked her as a doctor she was very attentive to my needs and supportive to my decission on my personal health. I'm still looking for her so I hope she sets up a clinic soon somewhere. I think I heard that she was at sherbourn health center but I have not check tha out as yet. If anyone finds her please post it. Thanks

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

I have the feeling Vaidya was squeezed out in some McGuinty political nonsense. I thought she was great but her administrative assistant was totally incompetent and caused me much grief. I am desperate to find Dr Vaidya as no other doctor in this whole province seems to be taking new patients. What a mess this system is. Anyway, I found her. She is on TWITTER but no office as yet it seems. Here is link.... https://twitter.com/ShaillaVaidya

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

Too bad she just left and I have not heard from her. No one at Bridgepoint will say anything about where she is. She seemed not herself last time I saw her. She is not a bad doctor but doesn't sometimes focus. Where is she? No one will say

flag | Submitted September 3, 2012

Dr. Vaidya is sorely missed by me, she being the only doctor in Toronto I could trust with my medical and non medical issues. I have a feeling that a workaholic such as this doctor is, is right now enjoying a long well-deserved vacation, but please come back and serve the needy, Doc! We miss you!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

I was her patient for about one year while she was at Bridgepoint, and while I liked the fact she wasn't stingy when it came to ordering tests to double check possible issues, she didn't strike me as an 'excellent' doc in the way of knowledge or bedside manner. But my main reason for the average rating was the way she departed Bridgepoint, leaving her patients high and dry and wondering WTH. And aside from a vague letter she sent a least one month after we heard the news from Bridgepoint, we've never heard from her again and cannot find any trace of her anywhere...? Ridiculous. I don't think "reliability" is too much to ask for in a doctor.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

I have been Dr. Vaidya's patient for the past year. In that time she has been everything I want in a doctor --- knowledgeable, caring, organized,easy to talk to and, most importantly to me, interested in preventive medicine and involving me in her decision-making. I don't know why she is leaving Bridgepoint but they are losing a good doctor.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Dr. Vaidya it a great doctor. My wife and I are both patients of hers and she has always been supportive and thorough. She helped to get me off some harmful medication and on the right track. We look forward to rejoining her when she finds her new clinic.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012