Ratings for Dr. J Reddy

I was sent to Dr Reddy on an urgent basis last summer while I was in my third trimester (read- very pregnant). The staff member who had called me to give me my appointment the day before could barely speak English and was VERY difficult to understand. I had to ask for clarification on the address, appointment time etc, etc numerous times because her English was so poor. I was scheduled for the following day and I straight out asked if I needed to fast for the appointment and I was told no. The following day at my appointment I was asked where my ride was. I said I had driven myself. The receptionist all but rolled her eyes and asked me where I lived. I told her I live 45 minutes from town and that my husband was working. This receptionist called over the 'head receptionist' (the same one from the day before) who told me that I needed a ride because I was going to be getting sedation for a procedure. She NEVER mentioned to me that I was having a procedure done, nor did she mention that I needed a ride. She was VERY rude and went to talk to Dr. Reddy, told me to take a seat. 20 minutes later they called my name and brought me to a procedure room. I was probably as white as a sheet because the (male) nurse asked me what was wrong. I said I didn't have a ride with me and he said not to worry because I was going to have the procedure done WITHOUT ANY SEDATION. The procedure was AWFUL and humiliating. Dr. Reddy was in and out of the room during the procedure and didn't explain anything to me. After the procedure the (male) nurse told me I could get dressed. I waited for him to leave the room. HE DIDN'T and told me that he wasn't allowed to leave me alone after the procedure for safety reasons. I NEVER HAD SEDATION SO.... IDK why he had to stay? I then had to 'recover' in a FREEZING cold room for 20 minutes until I was deemed 'okay' to go home. Again, I didn't have ANY sort of sedation, so it really boggles my mind why I had to wait around. When I got out to my car I called my husband and burst into tears. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. The next week I saw Dr. Reddy again and he diagnosed me with Ulcerative Colitis. He didn't send me home with any literature or information about the disease, just prescriptions. I've since changed doctors and I couldn't be happier. RUN, don't walk, away from Dr. Reddy. Absolutely terrible and traumatizing experience.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

This doctor is inhumane...I'm sure that animals are treated much better than the treatment given by Dr. Reddy! Disgusting that he is allowed to practice without an ounce of bedside manner or sensitivity to a patient's needs.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I never met the doctor, I had an appointment at 2:00pm but when I arrived I was told my appointment had been changed to 4:30pm. I was never notified of the change and this appointment was booked in January 2016. I have MS and difficulty getting around. I was told to wait in the waiting room and that he may be able to see me at 3:30 but there was no guarantee. The reception staff in this office need disciplining. Like many MD staff and reception in Sudbury they figure they are above their patients and can treat them with disdain. From the comments below it's obvious that the good Doctor has an issue with the reception end staff.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I had been diagnosed with IBS by Reddy 4 yrs ago, went for second opinion to Tilbe, he was upset that I had been to Reddy didn't help either. 4.5 yrs later I was diagnosed with chronic appendicitis which almost killed me. I was so weak and sick that emergency surgery was performed. Don't go to this quack. A stomach gastroscopy is done setting up in 2 minutes by Reddy. A real Dr takes at least 20 minutes and it is done laying down with a real scope. While having the procedure done correctly a tumour was found in my lower stomach. All these years I have been suffering and almost died. This guy should go back to school and Tilbe should be a little more considerate of people's health issues and not his comrades feelings. Thank god for really specialists like Dr. Ewing Bui and Dr. Bhatia

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

never never never,,, he should have his license taken away as he is very rough and totally caused me lots of pain during procedure as he just rams it in there without any care in the world. How pathetic is that when a doctor does more damage than good...

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I DON'T recommend him for a colonoscopy! This was my 5th colonoscopy, I know better, it's not suppose to be this painful even if he says it is. He is extremely rough, does not put enough air in and does not wait for sedation. I did not let him complete the procedure. That same night I was in the ER as I was hemorrhaging. My sister also had a traumatic experience with him, it was her first one and now she is terrified to go for another one. I have made an appointment in the Sault to get the procedure completed there. Good luck to who ever goes to Dr.Reddy...

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Dr. Reddy has a super sense of humour which is comforting when you're having to get into details about your bowel habits. He is patient, and allows you to be a part of your treatment plan. I have seen other GI speicalists within the city who are not nearly as thourough, punctual or caring as Dr. Reddy.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

I had both scopes performed. Some handle the colonoscopy just fine. For me it's like a hot poker ripping through me. Dr. Reddy was very patient with me and extremely compassionate. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

I enjoyed Dr. Reddy's dry sense of humour and professionalism. If you are looking for hand holding and coddling he likely isn't for you. He went through the procedure thoroughly in a manner that I could understand including hand drawn illustrations. He outlined the risks and the benefits of the procedure. From the time of my appointment to the procedure was less than a month. The procedure itself ERCP was not all painful only slightly uncomfortable as the scope was being removed. As for Dr. Reddy's secretary she is direct and not overally friendly but with that being said from what I saw people often need reminders to respect confidentiality, wait their turn, etc. ( basically people are rude).

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I have an issue with Dr. Reddy's secretary. She is not friendly and welcoming. She ignored me at the reception counter. She was abrupt towards a patient on the phone. After the call, she talked about this patient in a negative way to the other receptionist. Very unprofessional. She could learn plenty from the other receptionist.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015