Ratings for Dr. J Reddy

I just had a colonoscopy with Dr. Reddy at his clinic and was very satisfied. The staff were pleasant and professional and every detail was looked after. The clinic is a pleasant environment, much better than the hospital. With the proper medication I slept through the entire experience and was on my way home very quickly. The anesthesiologist, nurses and Dr. Reddy were entirely professional and competent. I will return here the next time for sure.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I recent has a colonoscopy with Dr. Reddy at his office on Notre Dame. The entire experience was amazing. All the staff were very kind, and I didn't feel a thing. Dr. Reddy as well as everything else there were very professional and helpful. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

I had a colonoscopy and gastroscopy performed by Dr Reddy last Thursday. It was booked at the hospital. When I entered the exam room he introduce himself and asked me some questions and was professional. I laid down on the stretcher and the torture began. He proceeded to insert a needle in my hand for the sedation but while he was doing that a nurse was attempting to freeze my throat. At first she was spraying in my throat and telling me to gargle than she said lean way back and stick your tongue out She touched the back of my tongue with a tube and I gagged so hard that I accidentally jerked and the needle flew out of my hand and he had to pick me again. I apologized but really they should not be working in your throat when trying to inject needle in your vein. He started the procedure right away and it was excruciating pain. The nurse was holding me down and yelling don't do this he won't be able to finish, take deep breath. I had this procedure done before and it was not like this . This was torture and I was treated like an animal. I would never go back to this doctor and no one else should. He

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

This guy is awful. Take what people say below and do not go with him, unless you like to feel every inch of that camera in your colon (which feels like a knife being stuck in you the whole time). I was not sedated at all. I told him multiple times I feel it all. He just says relax it will be over soon. I have spoken to many other individuals who have received colonoscopy's and they were pretty much out cold. Awful experience. Good luck to those who don't take these comments seriously.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

I had a procedure with Dr. Reddy and he was very professional and did an excellent job. In fact he went the extra mile. I would definitely go back to him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I was sent to Dr Reddy on an urgent basis last summer while I was in my third trimester (read- very pregnant). The staff member who had called me to give me my appointment the day before could barely speak English and was VERY difficult to understand. I had to ask for clarification on the address, appointment time etc, etc numerous times because her English was so poor. I was scheduled for the following day and I straight out asked if I needed to fast for the appointment and I was told no. The following day at my appointment I was asked where my ride was. I said I had driven myself. The receptionist all but rolled her eyes and asked me where I lived. I told her I live 45 minutes from town and that my husband was working. This receptionist called over the 'head receptionist' (the same one from the day before) who told me that I needed a ride because I was going to be getting sedation for a procedure. She NEVER mentioned to me that I was having a procedure done, nor did she mention that I needed a ride. She was VERY rude and went to talk to Dr. Reddy, told me to take a seat. 20 minutes later they called my name and brought me to a procedure room. I was probably as white as a sheet because the (male) nurse asked me what was wrong. I said I didn't have a ride with me and he said not to worry because I was going to have the procedure done WITHOUT ANY SEDATION. The procedure was AWFUL and humiliating. Dr. Reddy was in and out of the room during the procedure and didn't explain anything to me. After the procedure the (male) nurse told me I could get dressed. I waited for him to leave the room. HE DIDN'T and told me that he wasn't allowed to leave me alone after the procedure for safety reasons. I NEVER HAD SEDATION SO.... IDK why he had to stay? I then had to 'recover' in a FREEZING cold room for 20 minutes until I was deemed 'okay' to go home. Again, I didn't have ANY sort of sedation, so it really boggles my mind why I had to wait around. When I got out to my car I called my husband and burst into tears. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. The next week I saw Dr. Reddy again and he diagnosed me with Ulcerative Colitis. He didn't send me home with any literature or information about the disease, just prescriptions. I've since changed doctors and I couldn't be happier. RUN, don't walk, away from Dr. Reddy. Absolutely terrible and traumatizing experience.

Submitted September 1, 2016

This doctor is inhumane...I'm sure that animals are treated much better than the treatment given by Dr. Reddy! Disgusting that he is allowed to practice without an ounce of bedside manner or sensitivity to a patient's needs.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I never met the doctor, I had an appointment at 2:00pm but when I arrived I was told my appointment had been changed to 4:30pm. I was never notified of the change and this appointment was booked in January 2016. I have MS and difficulty getting around. I was told to wait in the waiting room and that he may be able to see me at 3:30 but there was no guarantee. The reception staff in this office need disciplining. Like many MD staff and reception in Sudbury they figure they are above their patients and can treat them with disdain. From the comments below it's obvious that the good Doctor has an issue with the reception end staff.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I had been diagnosed with IBS by Reddy 4 yrs ago, went for second opinion to Tilbe, he was upset that I had been to Reddy didn't help either. 4.5 yrs later I was diagnosed with chronic appendicitis which almost killed me. I was so weak and sick that emergency surgery was performed. Don't go to this quack. A stomach gastroscopy is done setting up in 2 minutes by Reddy. A real Dr takes at least 20 minutes and it is done laying down with a real scope. While having the procedure done correctly a tumour was found in my lower stomach. All these years I have been suffering and almost died. This guy should go back to school and Tilbe should be a little more considerate of people's health issues and not his comrades feelings. Thank god for really specialists like Dr. Ewing Bui and Dr. Bhatia

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

never never never,,, he should have his license taken away as he is very rough and totally caused me lots of pain during procedure as he just rams it in there without any care in the world. How pathetic is that when a doctor does more damage than good...

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016