Ratings for Dr. Jyoti Yadav

Dr. Yadav is a skilled physician. I was completely amazed at the short recovery time from laparoscopic hysterectomy. I felt fine in 2 weeks and back at work full time in the 3rd week. I felt a little more tired than usual but that is to be expected when recovering from a major surgery. I'm so glad I found Dr. Yadav for this procedure. She explained the procedure and what to expect before the surgery and monitored my recovery post-op. I think she is an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I had a terrific experience being Dr. Yadav's patient. The other review sounds like a problem with the reviewer not the doctor. After my hysterectomy, I was surprised how easy it was to control pain and the recovery time was short. The only reason I needed more than 2 weeks was that I couldn't sleep for 5 days after discontinuing the painkillers. The biggest challenge was holding myself back from activity and exercise after that because there was no pain while the internal healing continued. Dr. Yadav is a skilled, efficient, and thorough surgeon. I also liked her personally. She was happy to answer my many questions during the pre-op appointment and provided some very critical guidance when the hospital policies about my procedure changed suddenly before the surgery. Certainly there are people who have a warmer bedside manner but that is not what makes a good surgeon, critical thinker, or scientist. I trusted her to my great benefit and think she has a great smile! I

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Stay away from Dr. Yadav. I only saw her once but that was enough. Bad bedside manner - conducted the whole history/consultation part of visit with me in a paper skirt sitting on table. I felt like a slab of meat, and her manner didn't help it. Questioned diagnosis I had been given by my prior GYN of 6 years (top in his field, only left b/c I moved) & did it in a way that was caustic and accusing. Insists that recovery time from a hysterectomy is 2 weeks, which runs counter to everything I've ever heard, including what other doctors have said (the most generous is usually as little as 3 weeks but it varies person to person). She did take a long time at my visit, but it was a long, arduous appointment with her history feeling like an interrogation - my full record supporting everything I said was in her lap the whole time and she never once looked at it. Find someone else unless you like being treated like dirt.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

Dr. Jyoti Yadav's Credentials

• Hindi

• Inst Of Med Sci, Banaras Hindu Univ, Varanasi, Up, India (Grad. 1994)

MB Health