Ratings for Dr. Svetlana Shkuratov

Dr. Shkuratov has been a blessing to my husband (who has three autoimmune diseases). is not only knowledgeable but also very helpful and accommodating to patient needs. Most doctors are so busy and don't take the time to understand the patient's background to diagnose them but Dr . Shkuratov asks all the right questions.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Had severe eye/cheek inflammation. Antibiotics were not effective, tried several. Wanted to see her again to try something better, but her message to me was to" go right into the Mass. Eye and Ear Hospital, and be seen by an eye specialist". Did that mean she was referring me? No, just go to the ER. I insisted I had an opthamologist at Braintree and wanted to see him. They initially said no, but finally called him. He had me come in immediately...no trip to ER in Boston. He prescribed different/stronger antibiotic and it cleared up. I was very disappointed in this Dr. And changed PCP.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Dr. Shkuratov may be a good PCP if you don't have multiple &/or difficult health issues. She gives up on looking for answers easily, even to the point where she gives up on listening & addressing symptoms. E.g., my last appointment (f/u for "multiple medical issues"), she addressed 1 issue then couldn't get out of the room fast enough. I looked at my "visit summary" from the previous appt. and saw that there were several things she noted needed to be follow up on and none of them were. The upshot is if I want to address the other issues, I now need to make another appointment, miss more work, and all just so I can spend my time convincing a doctor to follow up on what she said she would follow up on. She is nice though, so maybe ok to see if you are relatively healthy & don't need someone with the confidence, commitment, and follow through a more complex patient needs.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010