Ratings for Dr. Donald W. Anderson

I was lucky to have Dr. Anderson as my surgeon to remove a chondrasarcoma affecting my sinus in early 2015. It was a fairly traumatic occasion and I greatly appreciated his straight-forward, no-nonsense approach. I wanted the facts and he gave them to me straight. His work was exemplary - the scar on my face is barely noticeable and I've had physicians and "regular" people remark since that they cannot see any post-operative difference in my face at all. Thanks to his expertise the surgery took 4 hours instead of 9. When I developed an infection of the wound shortly after surgery he was prompt getting back to me, calling me late at night on his drive home after a long, long day of surgeries, and he provided excellent guidance later on when the question of post-operative treatment was being discussed with the BC Cancer Agency. He continues to be informative and straight-forward in all my follow-ups. I would put my trust in him 100 % anytime

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Dr. Anderson and hi team do not care about your life as a doctor and medical staff. Dr. Anderson did not discuss about your surgery in details before the operation and never showed up at your bed side after the surgery.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Anderson for a pre-maxillary tumor. He knew exactly what was going on and let me know I was going to lose some teeth. He put me in for surgery 4 weeks later and was able to save both my upper teeth. He is an amazing surgeon and I was almost pain free after the operation. I really like his no B.S approach and gets right to the point. I would definately recommend him to anybody, Best surgeon around in my eyes

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I was diagnosed with a throat cancer by an ENT specialist who knew enough to refer me to Dr. D.W. Anderson. His no nonsense approach to my condition , skills and knowledge have allowed me to live CANCER FREE these past8 years. He is a champion for his patients, and fights the bureaucracy to get the best and most expedient treatment for his patients. I feel blessed to have been treated by him, Imagine, a Dr. that answers his own after hours number, Thank you Dr. Don!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

dr.Anderson attended my brother. thank you dr. I think you are wonderful!!! I hope I have him if I ever need a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I had throat cancer and through the whole experience of treatment and surgery i felt like i had the very best looking after me.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I greatly appreciate the straight up manner in which Dr Anderson clearly describes and explains what is happening and what to expect from surgery and the resulting radiation treatment. Notwithstanding that he has an extremely busy practice, he is punctual and available. In October he performed surgery to remove a mass on my carotid artery, and the surgery and recovery were proceeding extremely well. Unfortunately, several weeks after the surgery I developed an abscess near the incision area. My wife was concerned and she called Dr Anderson's office on a Sunday morning, expecting to leave a message. Dr Anderson answered the phone himself and provided information to help us understand what was going on. The abscess continued to grow to the point where we went to the hospital for IV antibiotics. The ER doctor contacted Dr Anderson, and Dr Anderson arranged for me to have surgery later that night (after he worked a full day already). I am very fortunate to have been referred to Dr Anderson, and grateful for his skill and dedication.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Dr. Anderson is extremely kind, caring, professional and very knowledgeable. I first saw him in 2007, when he removed my right thyroid lobe. All went well and then the left side started acting up last year, 2015. I had an FNB which showed suspicious follicular activity and that the largest node (one of many) had grown, but it was a wait and see situation. I was put on the list for surgery and on 28th November, 2016 I had a complete thyroidectomy of the remaining left lobe. Dr. Anderson also removed one of my parathyroid glands. I am healing very well, and was very happy to see Dr. Anderson's big smile at my post-op appointment. I knew that smile meant good news. I was a bit surprised to hear that I'd had a tumour on the thyroid, but ecstatic to hear that it was benign. All seems to be well. I would highly recommend Dr. Anderson, He his an excellent surgeon, in fact one of the best in Canada.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I was diagnosed with cancer on my right tonsil and 1 lymph node. Had a radical tonsillectomy and modified rad. neck resection. One year out and all clear so far, surgery scar is almost invisible and Dr. Anderson opened me up like a little tent, I'm sure to get it all. Excellent surgeon and Doctor. I had follow up radiation and the radiation oncologists were happy with the surgery as well.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I was impressed with his no b.s. approach. Factual, to the point with respect to my thyroid surgery. Caring, understanding and he put me at ease . Fortunately the tumor was benign . Excellent news which he seemed genuinely happy to deliver and I so grateful to hear. The scar is healing well ,it has only 2 weeks today. I feel so very fortunate to have had him as a surgeon and would highly recommend him to others. I thank you as do so many others. You are a gifted surgeon and a kind soul.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016