Ratings for Dr. Donald W. Anderson

I thought he may have good surgical skills as his bedside manner is not good. However, my thought was wrong. He did not know how to do the central neck dissection for the cancer patients. He did not look at my CT scan before my cancer surgery and dictate my surgery report 6 weeks after the operation. If you have the head neck cancer, please do not choose him. At least, you should ask another ENT for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Wouldn't recommend this dr for "complex" surgerys. Be careful. Always get a more opinions.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Excellent! Extremely knowledgeable and a very skilled surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

I was diagnosed as papillary thyroid carcinoma and operated by him. This is a very slow-growing cancer with 20 year survival rate at 95%. One month after his operation, the scan showed >10 abnormal oprabale tumours, all of which were the same size and same position compared to the scan before surgery. All radiologist called residual disease. I changed the surgeon and no tumour is in my body now. If you have cancer, please go to thyroid cancer Canada website (many terrible stories generated by him) or ask the ENT in medical field before choosing him as a surgeon. He will destroy your life for sure.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

I had a thyroidectomy five days ago by Dr. Anderson. When i first saw him for the consultation, he immediately joked around with me and spoke tagalog and he assured me that I will be fine and I should have nothing to worry about. Although, he may seem to be the know-it-all-kind-of-guy, and he is, He performed very well with regards to my surgery. I hav heard great about their scar being invisible and I am excited that mine won't be as visible. Thank you, Dr. Anderson. I highly recommend him..

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I had cancer in my lymph nodes which was found to be non cancerous, which proved to be false.Dr. Anderson did not believe the test results. When he operated he found cancer in the lymph node. Dr. Anderson is an excellent surgeon, my scar is barely visable, I am still seeing him for follow up appointments. His bedside manner is not great but he is a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

When I required thyroid surgery I was in shock and very worried. When I went to see him he did not try to sugar coat anything. He told me what would be done and why. A very short appointment but I now knew where i stood. His staff arranged for my surgery in Surrey in a very professional manner. I had my surgery in Surrey (which also impressed me with the caring and efficiency). When the follow up appointment came, his smile was almost as big as mine when he told me the tumor was benign and I could smile my way out of the office and continue with my life. An extremely professional surgeon. Doing what he does for a living, I can fully understand his quick, no nonsense approach to patient visits (There are so many). But when you are there, you know your in the best of hands. Thank you Dr. Anderson

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

So bad! No communication skills! No surgical skills!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I meant to post this years and years ago but Dr Anderson helped me back in 2007. I had a cyst in my neck that grew to the size of let's say a football. The first surgeon I saw made it sound like I was about to die, I left crying, terrified and even worse with no idea of when this painful lump would be removed from my neck. I told my mom I did not want to go back there, I was referred to dr Anderson after this he was so compassionate and caring. He explained to me exactly what was going on in my neck and that he could fix it no problem. They first recommended IV therapy to see if it would help bring down the swelling at all but nothing helped and by the 5th night at 1am Dr Anderson saw me, saw how much pain I was in and was going to do surgery right then and there to drain the monster. Unfortunately I had had something small to eat on the way to the emergency not knowing surgery would be happening but I came back in the morning and he got rid of it right then and there. He also did my second surgery to remove the cyst completely and my scar was barely visible. He is a wonderful surgeon and I found him to be quite pleasant and caring. 9 years later and I am still great ful! If you are a patient of his feel at ease, you are lucky to have a wonderful surgeon on your side 👍😊

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Don's the most skilled ent oncologist surgeon in B.C. and most likely one of the most skilled in Canada. Don't worry about the "bed side manner" thing, it's meaningless compared to that.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr. Donald W. Anderson's Credentials

Private Healthcare Systems (Phcs)