Ratings for Dr. Donald W. Anderson

I had cancer in my lymph nodes which was found to be non cancerous, which proved to be false.Dr. Anderson did not believe the test results. When he operated he found cancer in the lymph node. Dr. Anderson is an excellent surgeon, my scar is barely visable, I am still seeing him for follow up appointments. His bedside manner is not great but he is a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

When I required thyroid surgery I was in shock and very worried. When I went to see him he did not try to sugar coat anything. He told me what would be done and why. A very short appointment but I now knew where i stood. His staff arranged for my surgery in Surrey in a very professional manner. I had my surgery in Surrey (which also impressed me with the caring and efficiency). When the follow up appointment came, his smile was almost as big as mine when he told me the tumor was benign and I could smile my way out of the office and continue with my life. An extremely professional surgeon. Doing what he does for a living, I can fully understand his quick, no nonsense approach to patient visits (There are so many). But when you are there, you know your in the best of hands. Thank you Dr. Anderson

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

So bad! No communication skills! No surgical skills!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I meant to post this years and years ago but Dr Anderson helped me back in 2007. I had a cyst in my neck that grew to the size of let's say a football. The first surgeon I saw made it sound like I was about to die, I left crying, terrified and even worse with no idea of when this painful lump would be removed from my neck. I told my mom I did not want to go back there, I was referred to dr Anderson after this he was so compassionate and caring. He explained to me exactly what was going on in my neck and that he could fix it no problem. They first recommended IV therapy to see if it would help bring down the swelling at all but nothing helped and by the 5th night at 1am Dr Anderson saw me, saw how much pain I was in and was going to do surgery right then and there to drain the monster. Unfortunately I had had something small to eat on the way to the emergency not knowing surgery would be happening but I came back in the morning and he got rid of it right then and there. He also did my second surgery to remove the cyst completely and my scar was barely visible. He is a wonderful surgeon and I found him to be quite pleasant and caring. 9 years later and I am still great ful! If you are a patient of his feel at ease, you are lucky to have a wonderful surgeon on your side 👍😊

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Don's the most skilled ent oncologist surgeon in B.C. and most likely one of the most skilled in Canada. Don't worry about the "bed side manner" thing, it's meaningless compared to that.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr. Anderson has performed a maxillectomy ( melanoma mucosa in sinus), and two years later modified neck resection ( removal of lymph glands). I am most grateful for his continuing care and attention, he and his staff are wonderful! Clark W. Miller, Sechelt.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Very knowledgable and competent doctor. Maybe he is not the best regarding the compassion and attitude when treating patients. But definitely he is an excellent and efficient surgeon, from my side, the scar is healing well, the time for surgery is much shorter than other doctors. He answers questions very directly and accurately. Highly recommended because of his profession.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

Dr. Donald W. Anderson's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had cancer in my lymph nodes which was found to be non cancerous, which proved to be false.Dr. Anderson did not believe the test results. When he operated he ..."

March 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I required thyroid surgery I was in shock and very worried. When I went to see him he did not try to sugar coat anything. He told me what would be done a..."

March 10, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "So bad! No communication skills! No surgical skills!"

March 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I meant to post this years and years ago but Dr Anderson helped me back in 2007. I had a cyst in my neck that grew to the size of let's say a football. The f..."

February 13, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Don's the most skilled ent oncologist surgeon in B.C. and most likely one of the most skilled in Canada. Don't worry about the "bed side manner" thing, it's mea..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Anderson has performed a maxillectomy ( melanoma mucosa in sinus), and two years later modified neck resection ( removal of lymph glands). I am most gratefu..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgable and competent doctor. Maybe he is not the best regarding the compassion and attitude when treating patients. But definitely he is an excellent..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This man here is a hero in my eyes he has brought my life back ,I wanted to hug him at my follow up appointment ,could not thank I'm enough ."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is truly a very compassionate and efficient surgeon.My hat is off to him for doing a very difficult surgery for me. Thank you Dr Anderson "

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Anderson may be many things as pointed out in these comments but hands down he's the best doctor I've ever been in the care of. "

July 25, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V3E0" to "V3B 6B4". Address has been updated from "None" to "3030 Lincoln Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16049419191".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "He preformed a partial thyroid removal on our son. After he didn't even come and tell us how it went or so we could ask him any questions. Very cold, and matt..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Anderson is a knowledgeable and efficient cancer specialist. He truly is the best. Due to his specialty he is busy and his staff makes sure his patients kno..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrret1"

March 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He saved my son a true genius in the medical field. I can't say enough !!!!! Thank you for being an amazing surgeons."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Dr. Very impressed with him hsd surgery 4 yes ago now waiting for surgery again wouldn't want any one else to do it."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He is retiring I believe this is a great idea !!!!!!!!!!! I want to get the surgery and hes the only one to do it but I did not like the man ."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Negative, poor, lack of people skills, seemed tired and annoyed. Talked back like he was a guy on top of the world... (No joke) my mom was explaining that I was..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Can't wait to meet him after Dr irvon from saint Paul's as sent me here really need answers about eagle syndrum :(:(:("

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I wish to be treated by Dr. Anderson but I couldn't find the clinic's address and phone number. Please help me."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Don Anderson is a pro. A very skilled surgeon with top expertise. I had a cancerous laryngeal polyp removed early in 2014 and checked 6 months later ...all ..."

September 30, 2014
  • First Name changed from "D.W." to "Donald W."

January 2, 2014
  • combined ratings from Dentist listing (DID: 40090)

May 31, 2012