Ratings for Dr. Ben Chew

My kidney stone surgery completed very efficiently, on time with caring doctor and super caring staff. My best medical experience in BC in 27 years. Good job - thankyou.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

He did my surgery last week and it was a great experience. He and his staff did everything they said they would and much, much more. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I was only 18 years old when I was referred to this Uro by my family doc after a urethritis infection. Turns out I had prostatitis but by Dr Chew's very own words "you don't look stressed, I can't help you," is how it ended and he walked out of the room. Did NOT perform a DRE, did NOT perform a prostatitic secretion test, did NOT perform a transrectal ultrasound, did NOT perform a prostate biopsy or fluid testing. He did NOT treat, diagnose or test me whatsoever. Only a simple urine test which was done BEFORE i went to see him. It has been proven a urine test does not prove even a thing in Prostatitis patients. Apparently he judges you based on how you appear to be in distress only. Fact of the matter is I have been waking up 4-8 times per night, EVERY night for the last 5 years - including since before I saw him which he knew and chose to write me off. I am disgusted by his lack of care, thoroughness and bedside manner. Very rude, condescending and assuming. Just because a patient is not in EXTREME pain does not mean their quality of life is significantly reduced (1-2 out of 10 currently). Since I left this for so long, now I have to travel to prostatitis clinics and spend thousands upon thousands of dollars for treatment which could have been handled at the get go. Very sketchy Doctor and I truly wonder his absurd and unacceptable reason for treating me with complete disdain and apathy. I do not recommend him whatsoever if you have prostatitis or interstitial cystitis, ESPECIALLY if your primary symptom is urinary urgency, he ONLY cares if you are in PAIN.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Dr. Chew respects his patients. He is very helpful, friendly, caring, knowledgeable. I cant say enough good things about him. God bless Dr. Chew.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I was very lucky to have Dr Chew remove a large kidney stone. True he does phone you at home which is very rare with doctor/surgeons. He was very informative about what to expect with the operation. One of the best doctors I've met. Top marks.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Could not get better. He even phoned me to remind me of an appointment, who does that ?

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Amazing doctor! Kind, caring, patient, and knowledgeable. I saw a different doctor at VGH a week before for a different matter and was rushed out within minutes, and none of my concerns were answered. It is very sad that many doctors have become robotic, they should take some lessons from Dr. Chew!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

If you have a kidney stone, Dr Chew is the man to see. He is busy but that's what you expect when word gets around that he is the best. He took his time explaining the procedure and did a great job. I have no reservations recommending him - he is great!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. Ben Chew is very knowledgeable and explains everything in detail. It was great seeing him today

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I was an outpatient and received Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL) to eliminate my kidney stones. Dr Ben Chew, his professional team and the Vancouver General Hospital nurses, particularly Maureen and Rose, made my experience smooth sailing to a successful result. Dr Ben Chew is a dedicated professional and anyone under his care should pause to consider how fortunate they are.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014