You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ben Chew

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I was very lucky to have Dr Chew remove a large kidney stone. True he does phone you at home which is very rare with doctor/surgeons. He was very informative about what to expect with the operation. One of the best doctors I've met. Top marks.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Amazing doctor! Kind, caring, patient, and knowledgeable. I saw a different doctor at VGH a week before for a different matter and was rushed out within minutes, and none of my concerns were answered. It is very sad that many doctors have become robotic, they should take some lessons from Dr. Chew!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

If you have a kidney stone, Dr Chew is the man to see. He is busy but that's what you expect when word gets around that he is the best. He took his time explaining the procedure and did a great job. I have no reservations recommending him - he is great!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I was an outpatient and received Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL) to eliminate my kidney stones. Dr Ben Chew, his professional team and the Vancouver General Hospital nurses, particularly Maureen and Rose, made my experience smooth sailing to a successful result. Dr Ben Chew is a dedicated professional and anyone under his care should pause to consider how fortunate they are.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Dr. Chew was great!, I only wish we have more doctors like him! I felt so lucky to have him!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

A kidney stone was successfully removed by ureteroscopy, but lab analysis of the composition of the stone was not obtained, to the urologist's surprise. Because kidney stones can have completely different origins and composition, or a mixed composition, such information as to the type of stone can inform dietary choices (both composition and pH) to avoid recurrence, and can also assist in determining whether less invasive extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy is appropriate (cystine and certain types of calcium are difficult to treat with lithotripsy). Stones can have a mixed composition, and my urine analysis and x-rays gave conflicting pointers about uric acid, so the failure to obtain a stone analysis leaves me with no confirmed guidelines for future dietary or treatment options, except that I should drink lots of water - which interferes with sleeping for obvious reasons. Stones very commonly re-occur, so this is a worry.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2014

I saw Dr. Chew today for a non functional kidney. He was right to the point,professional,informed and polite. I felt his advise was genuine and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr. Ben Chew's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chew respects his patients. He is very helpful, friendly, caring, knowledgeable. I cant say enough good things about him. God bless Dr. Chew. "

March 30, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very lucky to have Dr Chew remove a large kidney stone. True he does phone you at home which is very rare with doctor/surgeons. He was very informative ab..."

January 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Could not get better. He even phoned me to remind me of an appointment, who does that ?"

October 24, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.ridgefielddentist.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "V5K0" to "98642". Address has been updated from "None" to "2 South 56th Place". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "13608871177".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor! Kind, caring, patient, and knowledgeable. I saw a different doctor at VGH a week before for a different matter and was rushed out within minutes..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you have a kidney stone, Dr Chew is the man to see. He is busy but that's what you expect when word gets around that he is the best. He took his time expla..."

January 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ben Chew is very knowledgeable and explains everything in detail. It was great seeing him today"

October 16, 2014