Ratings for Dr. Raafat Gindi

very skill and doctor and talks to his patient. First come first serve

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

He is very bad doctor I went to make checkup and I waited for more than 3 hours and he was talking with me about my religion and he keep saying bad things about my religion, poor knowledge I'm there not to talk about religion

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Been with Dr. Gindi for 21 years. Excellent communicator who takes the time to listen. kind and understand. I always feel welcomed and secure in his office.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Super poor experience with horts of wait before seeing doctor. Dr Gindi is experienced practitioner but he is not following appointment. The results is that you have to come, sits for 2-3 hours!!! before you can see him. By the time you see him, you are so tired, nervous, and frudtrated that makes you more sick. I rarely go to visit hism because of such a long wait. I recommend you to find alternatives if you can. Find someone who has appointment in place at least you dont get more sick while waiting in his tiny waiting room.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

By far the best doctor i have ever had. He is always spot on with diagnosis. Sometimes wait is long but he is well worth the wait. One of the few doctors out there that actually cares about you.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

He is a bad doctor, I was begging him for months to send me to a psychiatrist, he didnt, I would beg and cry to him he said that nothing was wrong with me, he keep on prescribing me so many medications at the same time, not only the ones you pick up in the pharmacy but also the ones he gave me that were not giving in the pharmacy, he would give them to me. When I complained about the side effects he would never be available, he just told me to take them and come back NEXT WEEK. His medications made me feel worst he told me that he was giving medication to deal with those side effects. His medicine messed up with my brain chemistry and ended up listening to voices, I told him and he just was feeding up my believes saying that I was not in need of a psychiatrist that he was the doctor that was going to make me "deal with the voices" he said that he was medicating me so I would be stronger in confronting what I was dealing with. He never told me exactly what I had, or the side effects of the medication, I was working full time and over time and NOBODY under that medication can actually work. This made things worst. He feed my bad believes at the time by telling me to buy a camara and "record" the people who were following me. This doctor destroyed years of my life by playing the psychiatrist, the therapist. He did not give me right information, I didnt know what I had or what was wrong with me, it gave me extreme anxiety and therefore as I trusted him I thought that I was fine so I denied to go to other doctors as some coworkers told me. This doctor destroyed my life and made my condition worst. I am healing now but I cannot do the things that I used to do. If only he would have listen to me when I begged him to please send me to a specialist, a psychologist or else but no, he wanted to "PLAY" the mental health doctor. This is not his expertise he should be in jail for what he did to me. I'm sorry for his wife, she is indeed a great doctor and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

I love his character and he knows what he is doing. Wait can be a hassle at times but depends on your luck in all honesty.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Empathetic person. Knowledgable. Very pleasant to interact with. I've been with him for nearly four years now, and have always been impressed with his kindness. When I needed a referral, he referred me to a specialist. I agree though that the waiting times can be terrible.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Do not go to this doctor. First off, he shows up whenever..he is never on time. Second, God forbid you deal with him when he is tired and cranky.. This doctor will also actually refuse to give you medicine and help you if you ask for a specialist. I gave the staff a higher rating because the secretary is quite helpful and so is the young assistant (not the one that goes on Saturday) I agree he does need to retire, he comes off as a cranky and stubborn man who has forgotten how to be a doctor who cares for his patients. Avoid this doctor at all costs. After dealing with all his crap, I'm never going to him again....there are way better doctors out there.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

I have found him knowledgeable and thorough so far, and I have extensive medical problems and extensive experience with many specialists. I find I have to wait for a long time with other doctors when I do have appointments. The waits for him have not been any longer. He is a Coptic Christian with some attachment to naturopathic medicine; neither belief makes him incapable of being a good doctor. As to the comment about use of anti-depressants and psychiatrists in general, there are many problems in treating depression. I have also lots of experience with anti-depressants and neither I nor my own psychiatrist are big fans. Dr. Gindi should have referred that patient to a psychiatrist, or to a psychologist if she has coverage or can afford it.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014