Ratings for Dr. A. Tony Reisman

Unprofessional, clueless, rude, and unfriendly. I went to him for my ears and he looked at my sinuses instead. When I told him I was here for my ears, he told me he couldn't help me with that and and sent me on my way. How in the world he got to be a licensed doctor is beyond me.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr. Reisman is the single worst provider that I have ever had the displeasure of visiting in my entire life. I am 45 years old and hope to go to my grave never having hit someone. That being said, I could have easily slapped him across his pompous, uncaring, egotistical, patronizing face. I am not sure who he thought I was, but if that is the type of treatment he is giving to the general public I will find a way to make sure that no employee of mine ever has to sit in a room and be both physically and mentally accosted by this nut job. I intend to have him as an exclusion on my policies during negotiations in November. Everyone around him was wonderful. I went to him for a simple problem of hearing loss in a certain tonal range a couple of mornings a week due to a mouthpiece that I wear for sleep apnea. Sudafed or Afrin takes care of the problem within an hour or two, but my primary wanted to make sure that I didn't have some sinus inflammation that he couldn't readily see. Dr. Reisman (I hate even using the title) walked in the door, and PAINFULLY crammed his expanding scope up my nostril without so much as a warning that he was going to do so. Nothing. Not a "this may hurt a bit". He just went straight in for the nose rape. He then started lecturing me that he's seen much worse deviated septums and was doubtful that surgery would do much but we could give it a try. Hmmm. I guess it's good that I was not there for a deviated septum then... If the jackass would have let me say one word, I could have told him that but, I just stared at him in kind of an awed disbelief as he rambled and I rubbed my sore nose. When I finally got a word in, I described what I was there for. He then told me to lean forward very rudely and, from a distance of about 3-4 inches away from my nose, sprayed me all over my face. He then said “don’t get that into your eyes” after he just sprayed it directly into my eyes. Seriously? What the freaking hell? I know the intended target was my nose, but he must have been to lazy to put a tip on so that he could target precisely. Then, in less than 60 seconds, he crammed the long scope up my nose and down my throat without so much as a “get ready” preamble and, hindsight being 20/20, without letting the numbing agent take effect. I weigh 204 pounds and work out 2 hours a day. I have a pretty high pain tolerance. This was unbearable. My right eye went crazy crying and I mumbled “this really hurts”. His response was “yeah, your handling it better than most”. That’s it. Nothing more. Afterwards, he leaned back and told me that he didn’t see anything so I must have a neurological disorder or a tumor. At this point I wanted to shove that scope somewhere the sun didn’t shine on him. I crossed my legs on the chair, something I would have never thought about in my life, and he told me to “put my foot down”. Really? “Put my foot down”??? After he went on about my now near-death diagnosis my nose started numbing and I said “was that spray a numbing agent?” He said yes and I said that he could have waited 4-5 minutes for it to take effect and he simply ignored me. I have quite an extensive medical background, which I didn’t mention to him, and said that in either of those cases it is doubtful that Afrin and Sudafed would treat the condition successfully on the mornings that the problem occurred. His response: “I hear what you are saying, I just don’t see it.” He then told me to go get an MRI. After a few sentences of banter that it was unnecessary, he disagreed and thankfully left my sight. Dr. Reisman needs to be Mr. Reisman and find another career. Definitely not one at UH.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Dr. Reisman is the perfect poetic blend of condescending and rude. I took my child to see him and he was quite unpleasant. We were told to check with his office, because as a specialist, he could provide more insight into my child having excess fluid in the ears. My child also previously had ear tubes through this office, but not this physician. It is unfortunate that this physician was too busy adding a condescending tone to the information he was giving and was abrupt in his exam. Generally, a brief explanation of what you will be doing before it is done is helpful, especially for children. This is our third experience with this physician and we were hoping his demeanor would improve. This was our last visit. His personality cannot simply be excused as possibly having a bad day on three separate visits. Terrible physician.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I think Dr. Reisman was the rudest doctor I have ever met. He has no personality and he does not know how to treat people. I think he is very rude and very uncaring.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

The office staff was polite and professional from the front office staff to the hearing test staff, to the doctor! We received test results immediately. Dr. Reisman seemed knowledgeable and provided excellent care all around! I have recommended him and would do it again.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

I HAD NOTHING BUT POSITIVE EXPERIENCES WITH DR. R. HE HAS BEEN SUPPORTIVE, HELPFUL IN EVERY WAY. I HAVE BELLS PALSY AND THIS IS A VERY FRUSTRATING DISEASE. HE HAS BEEN ENCOURAGING AND TOLD ME HE WOULD BE WITH ME THE WHOLE WAY AND SO FAR FOR THE PAST YEAR HE HAS. I HAVE EXPERIENCED NO UNUSUAL OR UNNECESSARY TESTING AND I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. I SIMPLY DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW OTHERS WOULD SAY WHAT THEY HAVE REGARDING HIS TREATMENT OR SENSITIVITY.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

I SO wish I'd discovered this rating site before! This man was late, rude, arrogant, cold, rushed, just awful. Worst of all, he made me pay for a CAT scan to get antibiotics for a *sinus infection* (which I'd had for weeks: there was NO need for a CAT scan *and* a chest x-ray to reveal the symptoms). Completely needless tests that my insurance (frankly, understandably) didn't cover. The office then overlooked that I paid my bill, and turned me over to a collection agency!!! What a nightmare! This man should not be practicing--the lack of professionalism seems endemic.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

This man should not be in practice. He is rude and uncaring. He did not listen to what I told him. His exam was brutal and I felt less than human. I have to start all over again with another doctor now. He needs to acquire at least a modicum of humanity and beside manner if he continues to deal with patients.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Dr. Reisman told me I probably had a brain tumor and when I reacted with shock, he responded with something like, "Well, you should have known you had something seriously wrong with you...you've been sick for a long time." I did not have a brain tumor but I had to wait 4 weeks to find that out. In the meantime, I was trying to make plans for who would look after my new baby if I became too sick to do so. After a 3rd opinion, my true diagnosis turned out to be migraines. A simple prophylactic medication would have "cured" me of my symptoms within weeks. Instead, I spent almost a year in distress, taking powerful drugs for a second wrong diagnosis. Dr. Reisman was insensitive, cold, and ridiculing and he did damage to me and my family. I would not send my worst enemy to him.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

Dr. A. Tony Reisman's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1993)