Ratings for Dr. Darrell Gotaas

Always have to wait at least 1 hour before my daughter is called. Then we have to wait for 15 min while in the room.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

We were referred to Dr. Gotaas to have my son's wisdom teeth removed. The level of automation in setting up the appointment made me feel a little bit like cattle being funnelled through a shoot. The Surgical Coordinator was difficult to reach when I had questions. Amongst my questions was a concern about the cost of the procedure. Information provided in this regard was inconsistent and I received a demanding email the week prior which included charges that had not previously been disclosed. When I phoned to inquire about this difference, the Surgical Coordinator was extremely rude and condescending, cutting me off and speaking in a tone that implied I should have understood their confusing communication. Attempts to address the problem with other staff were not any more successful. Perhaps Dr. Gotaas is a pleasant person, but his system and staff leave me feeling like the only purpose to our existence is to line his pockets. We will be going elsewhere as it is important to me to be treated like a person, and I think, regardless of his position and income level, Dr. Gotaas should realize he is a service provider and have his staff conduct themselves accordingly.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Very crude wisdom tooth extraction when I was 17. Amount of swelling and pain I experienced was excrutiating compared to others.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I returned to have two additional problematic wisdom teeth extracted because my seasoned dentist did not feel comfortable in performing the procedure. Dr. Gotaas was referred by my regular dentist because he is recognized as being one of the best in our City. He is a specialized Dental Surgeon who performs problematic extractions which a regular dentist is reluctant to perform because of potential risk factors. Yes, you may have to wait a bit because Dr. Gotaas puts some patients under general anesthetic and these patients may require extra care on a case-by-case basis. This is not a regular Dental Clinic and any procedure performed under general anesthetic is expensive. The last time I simply had my teeth cleaned by a regular dentist, it cost $450.00. I have never had major tooth extractions which were performed with such ease and with minimal pain. Dr. Gotaas knows what he is doing and he does not look at the clock while he's performing the work. While you're in his surgical room, you are number one. I highly recommend Dr. Gotaas. His two Assistants who are present during the procedure were also great.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Waited over 2 hours for a wisdom tooth extraction before we finally left because my kids were going to be home from school soon. Made a morning appt for a reason. Asked halfway through our wait if we could go for a walk and was told she didn't recommend it. I'm a grown adult and had issues going without water that long, let alone the poor teen who had been there just as long as me waiting. Never did meet the dr. I'm sure he's good at his job, but has no respect for his clienteles time. When he's making $1500 on one tooth, you would think he'd know how to manage his time or direct his staff on how to properly schedule his appointments.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

My daughter had 4 wisdom teeth pulled and 2 molars exposed. We had a one and a half hour wait before surgery took place. They said that we would receive a followup call at home to check up on her recovery. I waited till the following afternoon for their call but finally ended up calling them since my daughter's bleeding would not stop and she was out of gauze. Also she was in a lot of pain and the prescribed pain medication was not helping. They said all her discomfort was to be expected and to call back if it got worse. When my husband went back for her post surgery checkup 3 weeks later he had an hour wait for a 5 minute (or less) checkup. I do understand that the surgeon's time is precious and the staff does not want to waste a minute of it, but the staff knows how long surgery takes, give or take 30 minutes, so surely they can schedule appointments accordingly. I felt this was a business transaction where they were trying to get as many patients through the assembly line as quickly as possible.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Lovely staff and lovely Dr. but very behind on appointments. I understand some delays are inevitable, but it would be helpful to be given updates out of courtesy from any member of staff so patients don't feel forgotten.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Had my wisdom teeth out 4 weeks ago and I am feeling great! No nerve damage, never got an infection, no dry socket, recovery was smooth enough! The anesthesiologist and the nurses were all very kind to me and made sure I felt good and educated before I left. A few minor notes, I only saw Dr. Gotaas for all of 7 minutes and it was a brief conversation. I'm sure that they were trying to move along quickly but it felt a little quick. It didn't cause any problems though, I still felt very much cared for. Overall an experience I will look back on only with positivity.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

One of the kindest professionals I've ever met. Took out 3 wisdom teeth and the process couldn't have been smoother. Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Dr. Gotaas recently extracted 4 teeth of mine. I was extremely impressed with how friendly and knowledgeable he was during our consultation. I originally wanted to only remove one problem tooth, but he explained in detail the risks of not treating the others. His helpful staff worked with my insurance company and came up with a very affordable plan to have all of the work completed. I felt little to no pain following the procedure, and received multiple follow up calls to check on how I was feeling. I would highly recommend this surgeon to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015