Ratings for Dr. Darrell Gotaas

Had the most wonderful experience with Dr. Gotaas. He is so calming and funny and caring and made my surgery feel like a breeze. He is very careful with his work and the quality of work that he does...hearing people make complaints about timing and waiting is frustrating. Dr. Gotaas is the BEST at what he does and works so hard day after day. Speaking to him personally I also know that his work comes home with him and he works very hard day and night. This profession is so stressful. He will not rush through his surgeries and you all should be thankful for that. If you book with an oral surgeon you should know that they are extremely busy/hardworking, and you should be prepared to wait if needed...first world problems people!! Would HIGHLY recommend him to people. (Also to those of you complaining about the staff, thats fine but don't put it on the Dr. He has so much work to do and can't always watch out for every little staff members behaviours and probably isn't even aware sometimes...not his fault!! GREAT Dr.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

Dr Gotaas is a very pleasant person. He came in before surgery and explained what was going on and what to expect. I waited about an hour(give or take) before being called in for consultation. After consultation, i waited again in the waiting room to be called in. The anesthisiologist put me to sleep after some small talk and i woke up after a plesant dream about still being on vacation. What i didnt like was the staff. My ride was late and one of the nurses called and talked to my mom rudely(from my point of view). The surgical coordinator was awesome.. I emailed her, and talked to her beforehand to book the appointment. More stuff i didnt like was being surrounded by other patients who got their teeth pulled waking up for anesthesia. It honestly creeped me out and it made me feel very uncomfortable.. To the point where i asked the nurse if i could leave. At the end of the day, it is a business and dont be suprised if the surgical coordinator books 16 wisdom teeth extractions the same day u get them out and wake up being surrounded by other patients. One of the male nurses made a very racist remark(trying to be funny). I am of colored skin and it was uncalled for. The staff is horrible but Gotaas does great work. Day 1 is complete for me.. Lets see what the next few bring. With God’s grace, it will be filled with a fast recovery with minimal pain.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

Dr. Gotaas was absolutely wonderful! I had my wisdom teeth pulled today while I was awake and just under local freezing. I had a lot of anxiety going in but he made the entire experience a breeze. He came and talked to me before surgery and was so nice and so calming and answered all of my questions and concerns and was very knowledgeable and let me know what was going on every step of the way. While in surgery he was SO quick and made the whole thing nearly painless, I was so impressed and nervous for pretty much nothing. His staff was so friendly and kept me calm and happy. Setting up the surgery I was also very impressed. My dental insurance expires in August and they got me in as soon as possible on a cancellation. All the questions I had I sent through email which were always answered within the hour and always so reassuring! I have minimal pain and barely any swelling. For something as crappy as getting your wisdom teeth removed, Dr. Gotaas and his staff made it the best possible experience!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

Are you people retarded. Probably... I know Dr Gotaas as a very compassionate and caring Dr. You that complain must have financial difficulties??? Why would you write anything but wonderful reviews but anything but wonderful things about anything wonderful about this man???

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Always have to wait at least 1 hour before my daughter is called. Then we have to wait for 15 min while in the room.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

We were referred to Dr. Gotaas to have my son's wisdom teeth removed. The level of automation in setting up the appointment made me feel a little bit like cattle being funnelled through a shoot. The Surgical Coordinator was difficult to reach when I had questions. Amongst my questions was a concern about the cost of the procedure. Information provided in this regard was inconsistent and I received a demanding email the week prior which included charges that had not previously been disclosed. When I phoned to inquire about this difference, the Surgical Coordinator was extremely rude and condescending, cutting me off and speaking in a tone that implied I should have understood their confusing communication. Attempts to address the problem with other staff were not any more successful. Perhaps Dr. Gotaas is a pleasant person, but his system and staff leave me feeling like the only purpose to our existence is to line his pockets. We will be going elsewhere as it is important to me to be treated like a person, and I think, regardless of his position and income level, Dr. Gotaas should realize he is a service provider and have his staff conduct themselves accordingly.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Very crude wisdom tooth extraction when I was 17. Amount of swelling and pain I experienced was excrutiating compared to others.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I returned to have two additional problematic wisdom teeth extracted because my seasoned dentist did not feel comfortable in performing the procedure. Dr. Gotaas was referred by my regular dentist because he is recognized as being one of the best in our City. He is a specialized Dental Surgeon who performs problematic extractions which a regular dentist is reluctant to perform because of potential risk factors. Yes, you may have to wait a bit because Dr. Gotaas puts some patients under general anesthetic and these patients may require extra care on a case-by-case basis. This is not a regular Dental Clinic and any procedure performed under general anesthetic is expensive. The last time I simply had my teeth cleaned by a regular dentist, it cost $450.00. I have never had major tooth extractions which were performed with such ease and with minimal pain. Dr. Gotaas knows what he is doing and he does not look at the clock while he's performing the work. While you're in his surgical room, you are number one. I highly recommend Dr. Gotaas. His two Assistants who are present during the procedure were also great.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Waited over 2 hours for a wisdom tooth extraction before we finally left because my kids were going to be home from school soon. Made a morning appt for a reason. Asked halfway through our wait if we could go for a walk and was told she didn't recommend it. I'm a grown adult and had issues going without water that long, let alone the poor teen who had been there just as long as me waiting. Never did meet the dr. I'm sure he's good at his job, but has no respect for his clienteles time. When he's making $1500 on one tooth, you would think he'd know how to manage his time or direct his staff on how to properly schedule his appointments.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

My daughter had 4 wisdom teeth pulled and 2 molars exposed. We had a one and a half hour wait before surgery took place. They said that we would receive a followup call at home to check up on her recovery. I waited till the following afternoon for their call but finally ended up calling them since my daughter's bleeding would not stop and she was out of gauze. Also she was in a lot of pain and the prescribed pain medication was not helping. They said all her discomfort was to be expected and to call back if it got worse. When my husband went back for her post surgery checkup 3 weeks later he had an hour wait for a 5 minute (or less) checkup. I do understand that the surgeon's time is precious and the staff does not want to waste a minute of it, but the staff knows how long surgery takes, give or take 30 minutes, so surely they can schedule appointments accordingly. I felt this was a business transaction where they were trying to get as many patients through the assembly line as quickly as possible.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016