Ratings for Dr. Darrell Gotaas

My daughter had 4 wisdom teeth pulled and 2 molars exposed. We had a one and a half hour wait before surgery took place. They said that we would receive a followup call at home to check up on her recovery. I waited till the following afternoon for their call but finally ended up calling them since my daughter's bleeding would not stop and she was out of gauze. Also she was in a lot of pain and the prescribed pain medication was not helping. They said all her discomfort was to be expected and to call back if it got worse. When my husband went back for her post surgery checkup 3 weeks later he had an hour wait for a 5 minute (or less) checkup. I do understand that the surgeon's time is precious and the staff does not want to waste a minute of it, but the staff knows how long surgery takes, give or take 30 minutes, so surely they can schedule appointments accordingly. I felt this was a business transaction where they were trying to get as many patients through the assembly line as quickly as possible.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Lovely staff and lovely Dr. but very behind on appointments. I understand some delays are inevitable, but it would be helpful to be given updates out of courtesy from any member of staff so patients don't feel forgotten.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Had my wisdom teeth out 4 weeks ago and I am feeling great! No nerve damage, never got an infection, no dry socket, recovery was smooth enough! The anesthesiologist and the nurses were all very kind to me and made sure I felt good and educated before I left. A few minor notes, I only saw Dr. Gotaas for all of 7 minutes and it was a brief conversation. I'm sure that they were trying to move along quickly but it felt a little quick. It didn't cause any problems though, I still felt very much cared for. Overall an experience I will look back on only with positivity.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

One of the kindest professionals I've ever met. Took out 3 wisdom teeth and the process couldn't have been smoother. Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Dr. Gotaas recently extracted 4 teeth of mine. I was extremely impressed with how friendly and knowledgeable he was during our consultation. I originally wanted to only remove one problem tooth, but he explained in detail the risks of not treating the others. His helpful staff worked with my insurance company and came up with a very affordable plan to have all of the work completed. I felt little to no pain following the procedure, and received multiple follow up calls to check on how I was feeling. I would highly recommend this surgeon to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I had a problematic wisdom tooth which was very close to my facial nerve and Dr. Gotaas was highly recommended by my family dentist to extract this tooth. Unfortunately, this was a procedure that came with risk of facial paralysis. I was also informed that the majority of patients attending this Clinic for wisdom tooth extraction are usually put under general anesthetic. After being informed that this was only a 20 minute procedure, I chose to not subject myself to further risk while being a 65 year old woman. While I was extremely nervous, I am so glad that I chose this route. The freezing which consisted of two needles which were uncomfortable for a few seconds, the extraction was performed very quickly and I did not have to contend with post anesthetic symptoms. I cannot say enough about the level of professionalism and the gentle manner in which Dr. Gotaas performed this extraction while I was fully awake and alert. I would highly recommend this dentist to extract any problematic tooth without anesthetic.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

Two days ago I had Dr. Gotaas remove 4 wisdom teeth as well as remove some soft and hard tissue in the back of my gums. The pre-surgery consultation went very well. He was very friendly and made me feel at ease. Naturally I was asleep for the procedure. My post-surgery experience has been excellent, therefore I feel that he was extremely careful and gentle during the surgery. His staff told me that he is a perfectionist! I would recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr Gotass is an amazing and caring doctor. He did a great job on my son's removal of all four wisdom teeth!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Had my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Gotaas. Couldn't have gone better; no need for any pain medication post surgery

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Very professional, helpful and friendly staff, and I had no need for pain medecation during my recovery. 10/10

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015